Zombie Trophies

Hey there.

The one thing that I've always disliked are the zombies game mode and connected trophies.

I do however want to clear my backlog and want to tackle the trophies in the near future so I wanted to get some tips from you.

I've watched a couple of YouTubers playing zombies but I didn't get any useful things from their videos. So what would you say is helpful when a zombie noob wants to get those trophies out of the way as quickly as possible?

Forget about getting them quickly.

You must learn the map first and play many solo matches so you get used to survive on the map where you want to do trophies.

Watch more videos that explain easter egg steps if you want to do an easter egg. And most important, attempt it after you watch. 

When you have done it for 10 times, you will have memorised every step and you'll eventually have enough knowledge and improved skill to do these trophies.

That's what I do.

The last map I did was Der Eisendrache in PS3 and PS4 a couple months ago, and I still remember it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Hey there.

The one thing that I've always disliked are the zombies game mode and connected trophies.

I do however want to clear my backlog and want to tackle the trophies in the near future so I wanted to get some tips from you.

I've watched a couple of YouTubers playing zombies but I didn't get any useful things from their videos. So what would you say is helpful when a zombie noob wants to get those trophies out of the way as quickly as possible?

Find a good set of players and make sure you communicate with them. I'd say that communication is key when going for easter eggs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Find a good set of players and make sure you communicate with them. I'd say that communication is key when going for easter eggs.

I second this. Communication is super important when it comes to doing the Easter eggs. Some Easter eggs are I found were easier doing them solo but I'd recommend playing with others if you don't have to much faith in your zombie skills.

As for other tips;

- Learn the map and make sure to make note of where everything is and how to unlock them (the perks and pack-a-punch machines)

- Use guns you are comfortable with by trying them out while you learn the map

- Practice your zombie 'dodging' and 'rage training' skills.

- Never give up!

That's all I think of at this time. Good Luck! :) 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 8:06 AM, iAlphaSoldier said:

Thanks for the tips.

How long do you recon will the zombie trophies take in total? The trophy guide for the main game says about 100 hours and I'm not sure how much time they calculated for prestiging in MP and the campaign.

The mp trophies took me about 20 +/- hours on a double xp weekend. The Shadows of Evil trophies took about 2 or 3 hours. The rest of the time spent on platinum will be campaign related. Personal Decorator will be the most lengthy trophy.

The DLC zombie trophies will take much more time to complete than the zombie trophies for the base game and if you're going for 100%, you'll more than likely need to complete the Shadows of Evil EE as well. Most guides I've read say about 10-20 hours per map pack and that's somewhat accurate. It could take quite a bit longer if you're new to zombies.

If you are new to zombies, the best advice I can give is to always keep moving, learn how to train and never look in the same direction for more than 2 or 3 seconds. Solo is definitely easier as there will be less zombies per round and the bosses will have less health. However, it's usually better to have a friend or two as back up. 

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

Dedicated teams are key. You will not finish gorod krovi without a dedicated team that has mic's. Gorod Krovi is easily the hardest easter egg. It took me 2 weeks of trying (once or twice a day) with a dedicated team. Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for all your tips. 

Can you also tell me something about surviving? The YouTube pros always just show them from round 100 and up and they just run around in circles and shoot with these weird weapons that take out a pile of zombies at a time. 

Doesn't really help me though to figure out what to do in lower rounds. If you have video links feel free to post them as well. 

They are using pack-a-punched weapons, map specific wonder weapons, have all their perks (jugg, double tap, speed cola, stamin' up, mule kick, etc.) epic gobble gums, and know where all the buildable parts are, etc.

There's a few simple rules in playing  zombies in general

Start off Playing solo and familiarize yourself with the map, know where to turn on power and where buildables are located, such as the zombie shield

Knife all the zombies until round 3, 4 or 5..whatever you're comfortable with, melee is worth more (points-wise) but Only works for but so long, knife zombie then back up, knife and back up..stick and move, stick and move! (it's a good way to build your points up early on)

Leave 1 or 2 zombies alive at the end of your rounds so you can safely run around the map to look around, open doors, buy perks/weapons, etc.

Know where zombie spawns are, they aren't random, they are fixed spots all over the map, knowing where the spawns are is key when you run your circles/trains, it will help you survive, training your zombies is the only way to survive, put it this way, it's better to have them behind you then just Willy nilly running free for all with no rhyme or reason

Don't blow all of your points on the mystery box, you always wanna have enough points to buy a gun And at least 1 perk (jugg) for the reason if you ever go down

And lastly, shoot them in the head!

?

Edited by Property_Damage

On 3/30/2017 at 6:33 AM, iAlphaSoldier said:

Hey there.

Three people I'd recommend watching are MrROFLWAFFLES, CodenamePizza, and RadAustin27... Look, you're not going to like zombies at first. You're going to be really confused at what's going on. That's okay. Most people have been playing since BO1/W@W, but you just need to get the feel of the game, and try to brush up on the storyline. Maybe have someone who's experienced at zombies play with you to show you the ropes.

1 hour ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Thanks for all your tips. 

Can you also tell me something about surviving? The YouTube pros always just show them from round 100 and up and they just run around in circles and shoot with these weird weapons that take out a pile of zombies at a time. 

Doesn't really help me though to figure out what to do in lower rounds. If you have video links feel free to post them as well. 

Yes, that's called training. Try watching set up videos, as pros are more likely to show how to get to high rounds, for the people that are trying for world records (round 200+). They're using Apothican Servant, which requires 3 parts to build. It can be a tiring process for beginners, especially with the boss zombie (Margwa), but you need to wait till a pod is purple, wait for a swarm round, and kill a Margwa. I know it's really confusing, so check out tips here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/wiki/shadows-of-evil which is a sub dedicated to Call of Duty zombies, though mainly Treyarch's.