Kingdoms of Amalur 2 Petition Help

If you like many other lovers of this game graced your eyes with its glory and tickled your PS3 slot-loader sign the petition and share with your friends and lets see if we can keep EA Games engaged on the awareness of the demand for a sequel! 

If you have never heard of it play it if you love RPG games you owe it to yourselves, if you have played it and loved it and would like more then sign! up and if you have not sign it anyway because you will love it!! 

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-kingdoms-of-amalur-2/share_for_starters?just_created=true

• Like 1

Sorry to break it to ya bud and I'm by no means trying to be a dick, but the chances of this game ever getting a sequel are slim to none. Rhode Island now owns the IP and petitions never work. 

Unlike IPs such as Mirrors Edge which EA did green light a sequel for even though the original didn't sell that well to begin with EA wants absolutely nothing to do with this franchise after the mess that happened.

As for the petition well petitions never work so you can try if you like but it will never happen or work. I know how it feels to want a game you love get a sequel, but it's time to accept that this franchise is likely dead in the water. No amount of petitions or requests will make EA or anyone else for that matter green light a sequel to this game and a lot of that has to do with the mess that happened after the release of the game between the state of Rhode Island and the developer. The game also didn't sell well either. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would be ecstatic if a real sequel were to happen -- something similar to the original, but not something stupid like an MMORPG version of the game -- but I know it's never going to happen.  38 Studios simply got way too ambitious with this project, and while the result was a good game it was also something difficult (and expensive) to duplicate and wasn't ever going to happen.

On 3/30/2017 at 1:55 PM, Caesar Clown said:

As people have said, Rhode Island owns the IP, and they'll only let go of it if someone pays what they paid 38 Studios, and that's a lot of money..

Yeah, God (or whatever Higher Power you believe in) bless the politicians for finding new ways to foul things up.  Despite the fact that most politicians have all the business sense and experience of a chimpanzee in a zoo, they still decided it was a sound idea to throw a big pile of taxpayer money at the project and its developers.  Now that they're stuck holding the proverbial bag, they won't let the IP go for anything less than what they've already shelled out, value be damned.

This is one reason why -- in my opinion -- politicians (among others) should all be shot out into space to protect the rest of us decent folk from them.