WipEout Omega Collection speeds onto PS4 [June 7th]

WipEout Omega Collection comes out on 7th June on PlayStation 4, Sony has announced.

This game includes all the tracks and ships from WipEout HD, Fury and 2048 ported to PS4. Each game has its own career mode, and there's a racebox mode that lets you tweak and customise your own races.

You can play split-screen couch co-op or race online in up to eight-player multiplayer. There are tournaments, single-races, time trials and zone mode. Expect a 1080p resolution on PS4 and dynamic 4K on PS4 Pro - all at 60 frames per second.

Source : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-30-wipeout-omega-collection-speeds-onto-ps4-in-june

Definitely gonna get this when it releases :D

• Like 1

I am incredibly excited for this. WipEout HD is easily my favourite racing game of all time, the level of difficulty was absolutely perfect. It wasn't unfair but it was challenging enough to be engaging, the soundtrack fit perfectly, it controlled amazing (once you got used to the breakneck speeds), had a great variety of game modes (Zone is and always will be the best though), had a great variety of tracks... It is borderline perfection imo.

WipEout 2048 was amazing as well, but it wasn't as good as HD. Still definitely my third favourite racing game of all time though (behind DriveClub) and the inclusion of racebox in this remaster is going to elevate it above its Vita counterpart quite well. Always found it a bit odd that you couldn't create a custom event and had to play one from the campaign, since HD had a great racebox with a great variety of options and difficulties.

Please give us a new WipEout after this Sony. There can never be enough WipEout.

More remasters?!

Why do they merge 3 old games instead of making a new one which would be greater?

PS4 is going to be remembered as the 'Remasters Machine'

It's true that PS3 has had many remasters, but they are true remasters of really iconic games from PS2 that go from 480p / 576i to 720p / 1080p.

Remasters in PS4 add some textures and pass from 720p to 1080p, so why do they keep doing remasters in this gen? 

Please refrain from saying stuff like "It's 4k with the Pro" because the 4k of PS4 is 1080 upscaled, so it's the same as nothing.

• Like 1

Meh. I Have the HD on Vita if i want to get back to it, i liked it but not so much to get another one on Ps4 especially ebcause some thing really requires either a high Skill level or a lot of time to get better....

But Good for the Fans i guess they can hope for more after 5 years of silence for this series.

33 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

More remasters?!

Why do they merge 3 old games instead of making a new one which would be greater?

It's true that PS3 has had many remasters, but they are true remasters of really iconic games from PS2 that go from 480p / 576i to 720p / 1080p.

Remasters in PS4 add some textures and pass from 720p to 1080p, so why do they keep doing remasters in this gen? 

Please refrain from saying stuff like "It's 4k with the Pro" because the 4k of PS4 is 1080 upscaled, so it's the same as nothing.

Because a whole hell of a lot of PS4 owners never owned any of the games or even systems these remasters were born on. These games are completely new to them.

And remastering 3 old games might not be instead of, but in addition to a new one. Groups of people *are* capable of working on more than one thing at a time, you know?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

It's only a remasters machine if you ignore all the other games it has. There's over 1.3k games available on PS4. Remasters only account for a fraction of that.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Because a whole hell of a lot of PS4 owners never owned any of the games or even systems these remasters were born on. These games are completely new to them.

Whatever, I'm not gonna argue with you.

The only thing I can say is that you can get a pre-owned PS3 for $60 and get those games that they were never able to play for $5 and most of them keep the online features that were never included on the remaster (Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, ...).

Being that say, I'll probably get this remaster for a good price, as they plan to include multiplayer and make a solid game out of 3 fantastic games.

2 hours ago, charlijaen said:

More remasters?!

Because, as much as I adore the WipEout games I've played... WipEout is a dead franchise. So is Crash Bandicoot. As such, they're playing it safe and releasing some remasters which don't require nearly the budget of an entirely new game to help them judge market appeal for the franchises before they invest fully in developing a new title.

It's either this or nothing at all. I think I know which I prefer. You still have brand new critically acclaimed games like Horizon, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2, Bloodborne, Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria, Uncharted 4, and many, many more to play if you aren't fond of remasters.

• Like 2

When you're like "I want this, but I already got Fast RMX and have WipEout 2049, and still play the shit out of Pure"

The price will be the deciding factor for me. As it's just a re-release of games I already have / played, I'm not desperately gonna be running to the stores, but if it drops at a reasonable price (RMX was 25ish on launch day, as a launch game, for a brand new console) I'll be day one-ing. Anywhere from 20 to 35 odd and I'm down, otherwise it's like, well, the Vita and PS3 ones still look really pretty honestly, and I still prefer the PSP Pure one out of nostalgia. And then you've got RMX doing my light seed hover car racer needs in spades as it is.

Looks cool doe.

6 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

When you're like "I want this, but I already got Fast RMX and have WipEout 2049, and still play the shit out of Pure"

The price will be the deciding factor for me. As it's just a re-release of games I already have / played, I'm not desperately gonna be running to the stores, but if it drops at a reasonable price (RMX was 25ish on launch day, as a launch game, for a brand new console) I'll be day one-ing. Anywhere from 20 to 35 odd and I'm down, otherwise it's like, well, the Vita and PS3 ones still look really pretty honestly, and I still prefer the PSP Pure one out of nostalgia. And then you've got RMX doing my light seed hover car racer needs in spades as it is.

Looks cool doe.

I believe it's $39.99 in US. In UK it's definitely £29.99 (or less, some places already have it for £25 apparently lol)

14 hours ago, madbuk said:

WipEout HD is easily my favourite racing game of all time

So you never played any of the F-Zero games, then? :D

I've never played the WipEout games myself but I'll give it a whirl, gotta get that F-Zero fix somewhere... Fast RMX was amazing this month, if WipEout is even half as good then I'll be satisfied.

11 hours ago, madbuk said:

I believe it's $39.99 in US. In UK it's definitely £29.99 (or less, some places already have it for £25 apparently lol)

48 bucks here it's gonna be. I'll grab it on sale for 20 odd or less, but 48 for a re-release of shit I already have? Well, that's just silly. I'd even do 40 odd for a disc version, since all my WipEout stuff is digital (used to have Pure on disc, but got a digital code with my PSP Go back in 2010 and traded it) and I love me some physical media.

1 hour ago, chickenbaltipie said:

I picked up Wipeout 2048 on Vita last week for £1.59.  You can buy Fury and HD as DLC - so is this new game essentially the GotY vita title remastered?

No, the HD and Fury DLC lack features from the actual HD, such as racebox, a variety of ship skins, and online mode. This collection still has all that. The only thing the DLC has are the main campaigns.

Btw, if you buy HD/Fury on PS3, you get the DLC on Vita for free. Not sure if it works the other way round.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, madbuk said:

No, the HD and Fury DLC lack features from the actual HD, such as racebox, a variety of ship skins, and online mode. This collection still has all that. The only thing the DLC has are the main campaigns.

Btw, if you buy HD/Fury on PS3, you get the DLC on Vita for free. Not sure if it works the other way round.

Thanks for clearing that up!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the PS Blog US, @PatricioUSA asked if this collection will feature three different Trophy lists or a single one common list.

John McLaughlin said "Trophies are a mix from HD/Fury/2048", proof here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-coming-to-ps4-on-june-6th/#comment-1205473

From what I understand, it'll be a single trophy list mixed with some trophies from HD, Fury and 2048. Oh gosh... alright guys, get your safety belt tight! Get ready for a second round of nightmare against this F***ING A**HOLE Zico, a supersonic Zone 75 run, perfect arcade wins against Elite AI, all Campaign gold medals on Elite difficulty and a long grinding multiplayer campaign from WipEout 2048! :awesome:

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

5 hours ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

On the PS Blog US, @PatricioUSA asked if this collection will feature three different Trophy lists or a single one common list.

John McLaughlin said "Trophies are a mix from HD/Fury/2048", proof here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/30/wipeout-omega-collection-coming-to-ps4-on-june-6th/#comment-1205473

From what I understand, it'll be a single trophy list mixed with some trophies from HD, Fury and 2048. Oh gosh... alright guys, get your safety belt tight! Get ready for a second round of nightmare against this F***ING A**HOLE Zico, a supersonic Zone 75 run, perfect arcade wins against Elite AI, all Campaign gold medals on Elite difficulty and a long grinding multiplayer campaign from WipEout 2048! :awesome:

Damn, that's a shame. They're going to have to cut trophies to get it to fit on one list, or just devalue them and make most of them bronze trophies.

I really hope Zone Zeus makes it into the list, I love Zone mode so much. Elite Campaign Legend, too. If they have to sacrifice trophies though, I won't lose any sleep if they decide to ditch Bling Brigade. Fuck that trophy. Now I am really anxious to see the new list, it has big potential to be very disappointing, they really should've just copied the same lists over, it was already perfect the way it was (apart from Bling Brigade).

Or they could dumb it down completely and just use WipEout 2048's list - WipEout 2048 trophies as the base game, HD/Fury as DLC. I bloody hope not though, the DLC lists for 2048 were such a disappointment, so easy.

Also disappointing to see them removing custom soundtrack - I never used it, the base soundtrack was amazing, but the way the game adapted to your custom soundtrack was very impressive. I realize PS4 allows you to set custom soundtracks for any game, but that won't affect the gameplay in the way it did in the original HD.

Also worried that it sounds like they've removed the original music. "You can either play our new banging tunes or play your own via Spotify or your HD". The original OST was so good and I'm not sure anything will live up to the expectations it set.

...The comments in the blog post you linked have made me a lot more worried about how this is going to turn out... :(