Can you die and still get A+?

big_bob002

1 hour ago, g-bake_1986 said:

Just use Carl and knock each enemy down and then perform the drill execution. I got the trophy pretty easily using this method and time isn't really important until some of the later levels.

Thanks for the other 2 responses too. 

I thought about the drill but it seems to always alert other enemies? 

I don't know if it will help you or not but I always used Carl (frog mask - longer combo windows) for my grade runs. Find a route that you can bolt through killing as many as you can in a chain. Pretty sure if you get close to (in early levels) a 10 combo and over in later levels, you will pretty much always get top grades. It's all about route planning and stringing stuff together using melee or punch/executions to max points with combo multiplier, only ever use guns if it's too hard to get in close or to keep that combo going. Drill never worked for me I never seemed to get the massive points people spoke of :/ 

When using the drill you need to first knock the enemies down, preferably into a seated position (in a doorway or against a wall/object). You get points firstly for the knockdown/disarm and then the execution. Sometimes you alert a gang of enemies but you often have to lure them anyway so it's not a bad thing, just knock them all down and execute one at a time. You get so many points from these kills that, in my experience, you can still get A+ without time bonuses or the weapon variety bonus etc.

Honestly, I suck at this game and the trophy was relatively easy for me with the drill. As I said above, often in the later levels you may need a decent time bonus to get you over the line, but that comes with practice. Try it out on a few of the early levels and see how you do.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think timer only runs when you're in a floor with enemies alive, resetting each time you die. I've sometimes spent 30 minutes in a level dying over and over again only to get a decent time bonus at the end.

To elaborate with an example, let say you're on the first floor - the internal timer will start at 0, and when you die it'll reset back to 0. If you clear it, it'll briefly record the time you took to clear that floor to some internal database. I'll use 50 seconds for this instance. On the next floor, the timer will start at 50, and when you die it'll reset back to 50 instead of 0. Let's say this floor is the last floor and you cleared it in 35 seconds. It'll then add to the 50 seconds to give you final time of 85 seconds which will be converted to a number score using some formula that probably depends on each level.

As for whether it's necessary for the A+ or not - if you're using Zach mask like I did for most levels the time bonus probably helps out more than if you use the Carl/Don Juan mask which doesn't reward you much for fast kills but does reward you with crazy boldness points for executing enemies in a certain way.

Edited by jaehyun1009

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I died and died a lot and still got A+ on most of the chapters(thanks glitch). Since I don't have good reflexes I decided to use drill mask and executions and go slow which worked for all chapters but chapter 9 where I just couldn't get enough points so I had to use Zack mask and just run around and kill. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/16/2021 at 5:14 PM, LordBilbanes said:

From what I understand, you need to score over twice the minimum score to get an A+.  I did that for one of the earlier chapters, but the score I received was an A, in spite of the fact that it was more than twice the minimum required score.

I had the same thing happen. Scored well over twice the minimum score on multiple levels but either got an A or A- so “Double the minimum” alone is not enough for A+