Legendary Dragon Not Spawning

Precise--Rhythm

Guides say that Legendary Dragons begin spawning randomly at level 78+. Some say as well that Legendary Dragons are pretty rare. Could someone that knows please tell me what locations, if any, Legendary Dragons are more common, or give methods for speeding up the spawning process? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

I think they spawn more frequently on higher difficulties. What I did was fast travel to the Blue Palace in Solitude and see if there was a dragon that spawned. If there wasn't, I'd fast travel somewhere else and wait 48 hours. Then I'd make a manual save and fast travel back to the Blue Palace. If a dragon spawned and it wasn't legendary, I would reload my save and keep going back until it was legendary. If it didn't spawn, I'd fast travel away and wait again until a dragon spawned.

31 minutes ago, Zozobobo57 said:

Guides say that Legendary Dragons begin spawning randomly at level 78+. Some say as well that Legendary Dragons are pretty rare. Could someone that knows please tell me what locations, if any, Legendary Dragons are more common, or give methods for speeding up the spawning process? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Arcwind point guarantees a legendary dragon spawn once you hit lvl 78

7 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

Arcwind point guarantees a legendary dragon spawn once you hit lvl 78

I've seen that posted elsewhere too. I doesn't guarantee it if you've already visited the site though. 

I finally got it to spawn. I may be wrong, but it seems probable from my testing that the legendary dragon is more likely to spawn in dragon shrines that you haven't visited yet. So if you want the legendary dragon to spawn and you haven't visited every shrine, check the shrines you haven't visited yet. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...