Your first ps3 game?

Dante_196

I bought my Playstation with Gran Turismo 5 and FIFA 13 attached to it so one of those two is probably what I played first.

I soon went on a second hand game buying spree and the first one of those I played was F.E.A.R 3 which has stayed a favourite since then. Another one was Fallout: New Vegas. I had no idea what I was doing there and stumbled onto some huge monsters out in the middle of nowhere that were completely out of my league. Like some big ass spider or something that terrified the hell out of my wife. I have not touched the game since. :) I will probably pick it up again at some point though, because of the love I have developed for offline platinum games.

I got my 160 GB PS3 Slim in 2011 with the following games:

- Resident Evil 5

- Metal Gear Solid 4

- BlazBlue Continuum Shift

- Super Street Fighter IV

Some extra fun facts for that purchase. I got RE5 and MGS4 because I wanted to have the newer entries on them, just to get the girl that would later become my wife all excited after playing them. For real. I loved playing RE5 with her and that game would turn out to be my first Platinum. My girl also loved playing MGS4... I still haven't played that game to this day. xD

SF IV was because I wanted the newer SF of the moment. My first trophy on my account comes from this game. Game is good but there was something on the art style that never quite clicked with me at the time. I might replay it at some point. Now, BlazBlue was the one game I was really interested into. I was looking for more of a spiritual sequel to the outlandishness characters designs found in Darkstalkers and this game didn't disappoint. Loved it. I'd like to get the Platinum on it at some point.

So...yeah, that's my story. :P

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1

Final Fantasy XIII. It was a Christmas present from my parents. My sister and I were very confused because we only had a PS2 at the time...

My parents played dumb pretty well and were all "Oh... maybe we kept the receipt... blah blah blah".

Then after all gifts were unwrapped they were like, "Oh. I think we forgot one. SURPRISE PS3!!!"

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Final Fantasy XIII. It was a Christmas present from my parents. My sister and I were very confused because we only had a PS2 at the time...

My parents played dumb pretty well and were all "Oh... maybe we kept the receipt... blah blah blah".

Then after all gifts were unwrapped they were like, "Oh. I think we forgot one. SURPRISE PS3!!!"

That's awesome parents! 

Ld4844c.png

Was bundled with my PS3 and I bought the system just to play this game. My favourite game for the console as well.

Lb728bd.png

Bought it alongside the PS3 the same day, also one of the driving reasons behind buying the console. Liked it a lot but not my favourite in the series- 4 still tops all imo. My first platinum trophy though.