Your first ps3 game?

Dante_196

Uncharted 2! It came bundled with my PS3. It also included Dirt 2, which I knew from my Xbox 360 and I dived right in. Uncharted 2 was completely unknown to me so I left it lying there for ages until I reluctantly put it in for lack of anything else to play. Real OMG moment there, what an awesome game. That’s when I knew for sure I had been wasting my time with an Xbox 360 ?

• 2 weeks later...

The best superhero game ever - Batman Arkham Asylum. It really is a fantastic game. And then I followed it with Battlefield 3 and God of War 3.

Then Skyrim. Which was also my first platinum.

Edited by Gumby114

GTA 4. It was one of the best gaming experience I ever had. The visuals: giant post-urbanistic city with dirty streets and endless roads to explore. Car control mechanics, characters real-time animation and The Journey radiostation - is what comes to my mind when I thinking about my first PS3 game.

• Like 1

The first game that arrived when I ordered my PS3 was Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F. It arrived before my console so went to a friend's house just to play it. The first game I remember playing in my own PS3 was Valkyria Chronicles. The PS3 version has no trophy list so I can't prove it was my first PS3 game played on my console. The first game I earned a trophy in was Bayonetta. I also had The Last of Us because it came with the console. 

• Like 2

I actually received both Grand Theft Auto IV and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for my birthday a couple of weeks prior to me even purchasing my PS3 (my teenage self couldn't shut up about how close I was to my savings goal at the time). 

GT5 Prologue was the game that came with my system, but shortly after I did get my first actual game (and totally ditched GT5 because it's not my kind of thing). The first game I really played on PS3 was Soul Calibur 4, I actually met a guy online there who's still my friend to this day haha, that kind of feels special.

Not having much of a library for some time (I did get Spyro Dawn of the Dragon but it didn't last long), I mostly stuck to an MMO on PC or demos on the store (and eventually Playstation Home where I had some great moments).

Early adopter without much disposable income at the time mostly meant I had this expensive system without a great deal to play on it for a while lol. Thank the lord this was the era where demos were still kind of relevant and we had an online store being crammed with a demo for everything xD. I probably tried most of the early library.

• 3 weeks later...