Dante_196

Your first ps3 game?

1,470 posts in this topic

GTA 4 and Burnout Paradise greatest hits edition. About a month or 2 after buying my fat PS3 they released the slim and dropped the price lol...

I think it was either Infamous or Resistance Fall of man for me. It was one of those 2 for sure but im not sure which one

Uncharted 2! It came bundled with my PS3. It also included Dirt 2, which I knew from my Xbox 360 and I dived right in. Uncharted 2 was completely unknown to me so I left it lying there for ages until I reluctantly put it in for lack of anything else to play. Real OMG moment there, what an awesome game. That’s when I knew for sure I had been wasting my time with an Xbox 360 😀

FIFA 09 

Armored Core 4 and NBA Street Homecoming.  They were both pretty fun but I liked previous iterations more.

Posted (edited)

The best superhero game ever - Batman Arkham Asylum. It really is a fantastic game. And then I followed it with Battlefield 3 and God of War 3.

Then Skyrim. Which was also my first platinum.

Edited by Gumby114

Purchased February 2008.

9f9ccbd6-dfc8-477d-86a5jm5.png

Medal of Honor Airbourne.

It was a great game but was in the pre trophy era.

Dante's Inferno. Altough my brothers got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Assasin's Creed when we bought the console.

SSX, I really miss that game and which they would remaster the franchise.

I can't really remember but I think it was Final Fantasy XIII

Mortal Kombat 9. Bought it before I bought the PS3 and couldn't wait to play it. After I bought the PS3 on my birthday, me and my best friend played this game the whole day. 😄 Good times.

GTA 4. It was one of the best gaming experience I ever had. The visuals: giant post-urbanistic city with dirty streets and endless roads to explore. Car control mechanics, characters real-time animation and The Journey radiostation - is what comes to my mind when I thinking about my first PS3 game.

The first game that arrived when I ordered my PS3 was Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F. It arrived before my console so went to a friend's house just to play it. The first game I remember playing in my own PS3 was Valkyria Chronicles. The PS3 version has no trophy list so I can't prove it was my first PS3 game played on my console. The first game I earned a trophy in was Bayonetta. I also had The Last of Us because it came with the console. 

I actually received both Grand Theft Auto IV and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for my birthday a couple of weeks prior to me even purchasing my PS3 (my teenage self couldn't shut up about how close I was to my savings goal at the time). 

Resistance FoM and Motorstorm. They were bundled with my fat PS3 back in 2007 iirc.

GT5 Prologue was the game that came with my system, but shortly after I did get my first actual game (and totally ditched GT5 because it's not my kind of thing). The first game I really played on PS3 was Soul Calibur 4, I actually met a guy online there who's still my friend to this day haha, that kind of feels special.

Not having much of a library for some time (I did get Spyro Dawn of the Dragon but it didn't last long), I mostly stuck to an MMO on PC or demos on the store (and eventually Playstation Home where I had some great moments).

Early adopter without much disposable income at the time mostly meant I had this expensive system without a great deal to play on it for a while lol. Thank the lord this was the era where demos were still kind of relevant and we had an online store being crammed with a demo for everything xD. I probably tried most of the early library.