Timing on automatic updates?

I've searched the forum, but mostly I'm finding people who can't update trophies at all. I'm having what seems to be a different problem.

I'm a registered member, and it used to be that I could come on psnprofiles and my trophies would have updated in the last day or so. Now, it seems to only update when I manually update.

For example, when I came to the site this morning, Life is Strange only had trophies though March 13. I got the plat on the 28th, and it showed up as soon as I manually updated, so it's not that the trophies were hidden.

I've actually been seeing this for a few months, and thought maybe the policy had changed so only premium members got auto-updates, but the site still says that everyone updates weekly and registered members update daily.

So, again, it's not that trophies don't update, it's that they don't update automatically. Since they show up as soon as I manually update, they're clearly not hidden.

Any idea what's up with this? It's not just me, because other people in the household are having the same issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Premium members: every 6 hours

Regular members: every 24 hours

Non-registered: once a week

Additionally, I think that they stop auto-updating if they haven't been manually updated in the past month.

Yep, like I said, "the site still says that everyone updates weekly and registered members update daily." But it's not working that way for me, even if I'd updated within the past few days. I know I'd updated since the 13th because I had trophies from then, but still had to manually update today to see things I earned on the 28th.

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Also, if you don't manually update for a while the site thinks your profile isn't active and doesn't automatically update you until you manually update it again.

That makes no sense. If it's auto-updating (every week or day) like they claim, then you don't need to manually update. Also, it would mean that unregistered people being updated weekly is a lie, since by definition they never manually update.

But, I have been manually updating, every few days, and still don't get auto-updated.

Oops, that response from Roland-X is actually from Morgan-GW -- I forgot I'd signed out as me and signed in as him (I manage accounts for two people).

14 minutes ago, Roland-X said:

Yep, like I said, "the site still says that everyone updates weekly and registered members update daily." But it's not working that way for me, even if I'd updated within the past few days. I know I'd updated since the 13th because I had trophies from then, but still had to manually update today to see things I earned on the 28th.

That makes no sense. If it's auto-updating (every week or day) like they claim, then you don't need to manually update. Also, it would mean that unregistered people being updated weekly is a lie, since by definition they never manually update.

But, I have been manually updating, every few days, and still don't get auto-updated.

Oops, that response from Roland-X is actually from Morgan-GW -- I forgot I'd signed out as me and signed in as him (I manage accounts for two people).

Your profile is set to auto update in 21 hours. If you earn a trophy before then and do not manually update, you will see if it auto updates.

TNkokXN.png

27 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Your profile is set to auto update in 21 hours. If you earn a trophy before then and do not manually update, you will see if it auto updates.

If it does, that will be a pleasant surprise, because it hasn't automatically updated in months. I'll look again in a day or two and see.

Murphy's Law, I guess. For months I've had to manually update to see changes, and now it's decided to work. ::shrugs:: FTR, I haven't manually updated since Friday morning.

But it is working for both profiles, at least for now. We'll see what happens if I don't log in for a week or two. If it only updates if you've manually updated within the last week or so, though, they should stop claiming that everyone updates weekly and members update daily, or at least add a disclaimer about inactivity.

• 1 month later...

Documenting that it's doing it again, at least on my account (Roland hasn't gotten any new trophies in a while so I haven't checked his).

On the 16th, when I hasn't checked in maybe a week or so, it said "Updated 1 day, 22 hours ago • Updating soon". I updated manually.

Today (19th) just now, it says "Updated 2 days, 20 hours ago • Updating soon".

So yeah, it's not auto-updating every 24 hours, and it's not because the account has been inactive.

As far as I know, nobody's getting updated automatically right now.  There were some issues on PSN and it was turned off.

I don't think it's been turned back on yet.  It certainly hasn't for me or other people's profiles I've checked.  If you manually update it will say that you will get the next update on time... but when the time comes it doesn't update and just says "Updating soon" instead.

Edited by dmland12

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this old topic... is this happening again? 

I did a manual update and saw and saw my first three JC4 trophies appear. Ive earned at least one since but no auto update yet - that was about 28 hours ago. I’ve noticed this only recently for me - used to be always auto-updating. 

So you managed to find a year-old thread on this topic but not the other recent ones that are quite literally right under this thread?

To answer your question: The auto-updating feature isn't working at the moment and you have to update manually.