Sword & Shield Tutorial - Defensive Stance: Strong Posture

Elvick_

How the hell do you do this? I tried and couldn't get it to work, I'm clearly blocking attacks but it's not working. I tried again just now and figured out how to counter while doing this, but the messages says nothing about that and it doesn't trigger completion for this either. I tweeted a video in frustration, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is it glitched? Am I dumb? This is the last tutorial I need to finish for the trophy. [even switched out of the Defense Mitama that kept triggering just in case it was that stopping my progress, but it wasn't]

Hm,.... i cleared all Tutorials yesterday and it worked fine for me.  I dont really see a mistake in your blocking.

But i remember it took several hits until it counted for me , maybe your gear is to high so the dmg is absorbed without block amount?  Try to start tutorial naked.

Edit: Ok gear cannot be reason , i tried it again with pretty much endgme gear.  Strange , it worked first try on my game .

You would see that you lose lot of stamina at once when block is achieved. Maybe try to switch stance again? Defence mitama should also not trigger at that phase.

Edited by Xionx

23 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Hm,.... i cleared all Tutorials yesterday and it worked fine for me.  I dont really see a mistake in your blocking.

But i remember it took several hits until it counted for me , maybe your gear is to high so the dmg is absorbed without block amount?  Try to start tutorial naked.

Edit: Ok gear cannot be reason , i tried it again with pretty much endgme gear.  Strange , it worked first try on my game .

You would see that you lose lot of stamina at once when block is achieved. Maybe try to switch stance again? Defence mitama should also not trigger at that phase.

It was the Defense Mitama, the problem was I unequipped the wrong one. I had it in my main slot too, and the shield it constantly provides was for some reason preventing the absorbed hit from registering.

Which is a dumb oversight... but problem solved!

1 minute ago, Elvick_ said:

It was the Defense Mitama, the problem was I unequipped the wrong one. I had it in my main slot too, and the shield it constantly provides was for some reason preventing the absorbed hit from registering.

Which is a dumb oversight... but problem solved!

Nice, good it worked. Yeah seeing the mitama trigger at that phase was strange for me. Good luck on rest of game.