Black Ops Almost an Ultra Rare Plat!

I earned the plat when it was around 5.4 percent in January 2016 and I've been wondering whether it's rarity would go all the way down to ultra rare. Black Ops is honestly my favourite Call of Duty, so earning its plat was a really proud moment for me!

I personally didn't think it was the hardest trophy list but I suppose when any game reaches 1,000,000 owners, it's bound to make the platinum rarer.

30 minutes ago, ClubSoda98 said:

I earned the plat when it was around 5.4 percent in January 2016 and I've been wondering whether it's rarity would go all the way down to ultra rare. Black Ops is honestly my favourite Call of Duty, so earning its plat was a really proud moment for me!

I personally didn't think it was the hardest trophy list but I suppose when any game reaches 1,000,000 owners, it's bound to make the platinum rarer.

Yep, it reached over 1,000,000 owners. That's why the rarity is going down. Not all players are trophy hunters, which is also another reason why it's rare. The plat is really easy and I might be going for it later this year :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClubSoda98 said:

Yep, I really like checking in to see which games have dropped to Ultra Rare and Black Ops is my next closest @ 5.01%. Its only a matter of time!☺️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

I'd have the plat if there wouldn't be the Zombies trophies. I'm really bad at that mode and really don't enjoy it that much either, or at least the base game maps Kino and Five.

Kino and Five are just bad maps in general, ascension and moon are a lot better.

55 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

I'd have the plat if there wouldn't be the Zombies trophies. I'm really bad at that mode and really don't enjoy it that much either, or at least the base game maps Kino and Five.

If I didn't have a few friends who were really good at Zombies I probably still wouldn't have the plat. Don't get me wrong I had to do my part but they made it easier.

Just now, snakebit10 said:

If I didn't have a few friends who were really good at Zombies I probably still wouldn't have the plat. Don't get me wrong I had to do my part but they made it easier.

Bless those friends who are good in Zombies and are willing to carry you through to get the plat! <3

1 hour ago, totallycrushed said:

I know this isn't a boosting thread, but I wouldn't mind helping you out with the Kino ones. I used to play zombies all the time a while back, so it shouldn't take long as long as i get lucky with the crossbow. Five is easier to do solo in my opinion. When you get to round 5, down yourself with a grenade (whilst having self revive) then spray at the Pentagon thief with the mustang and Sally.

As for the topic, I'm also surprised that it's nearly an ultra rare. Then again, Ghosts is an Ultra Rare plat and that was a whole lot easier. I might come back one day as it's my favourite COD, but those damn DLC trophies...I hate the idea of having to rely on your whole team to work perfectly together. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I know this isn't a boosting thread, but I wouldn't mind helping you out with the Kino ones. I used to play zombies all the time a while back, so it shouldn't take long as long as i get lucky with the crossbow. Five is easier to do solo in my opinion. When you get to round 5, down yourself with a grenade (whilst having self revive) then spray at the Pentagon thief with the mustang and Sally.

Thank you! :)<3

21 minutes ago, Smithy said:

As for the topic, I'm also surprised that it's nearly an ultra rare. Then again, Ghosts is an Ultra Rare plat and that was a whole lot easier. I might come back one day as it's my favourite COD, but those damn DLC trophies...I hate the idea of having to rely on your whole team to work perfectly together. 

Ghost is ultra rare only because of Extinction. Many people didn't liked it - no zombies maybe? and that's why they didn't get a platinum in it. Also it needs at least 4 ppl for one trophy and a good/very good team to get all challenges done. BO is much easier. I was playing zombies solo with 2 controllers and platinum took me about 2 weeks. But singleplayer on veteran - I did it in 2 days, no problem whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Ghost is ultra rare only because of Extinction. Many people didn't liked it - no zombies maybe? and that's why they didn't get a platinum in it. Also it needs at least 4 ppl for one trophy and a good/very good team to get all challenges done. BO is much easier. I was playing zombies solo with 2 controllers and platinum took me about 2 weeks. But singleplayer on veteran - I did it in 2 days, no problem whatsoever.

I know this is off topic but I might be one of the few that preferred exinction over Zombies. I enjoyed it a whole lot more. I ended up doing some of it with randoms who were actually very good at it.

Back on topic. I am surprised Black Ops  isn't a UR already. Zombies and some parts of veteran I had trouble with.

46 minutes ago, audiopile said:

Personally I don't care about the rarity but I can agree that Zombies sucks and Extinction was better. Damn Zombies are keeping me from the BO2 plat. I did manage to kill the Pentagn thief solo. That felt good

I managed to get the Pentagon thief solo also.

Maybe it's me that I have almost every single COD done (3 left) but I don't find any COD game hard/difficult. They require some skill to play SP without dying and luck/boost with online trophies - zombie/alien/any kind of shit. But all of them are doable. I'm happy that I have so many rare platinums thanks to fact that so many non trophy hunters play this games.

3 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I managed to get the Pentagon thief solo also.

?

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

Maybe it's me that I have almost every single COD done (3 left) but I don't find any COD game hard/difficult. They require some skill to play SP without dying and luck/boost with online trophies - zombie/alien/any kind of shit. But all of them are doable. I'm happy that I have so many rare platinums thanks to fact that so many non trophy hunters play this games.

I think the amount of trophy hunters isn't that dfferent from other games. It's just the sheer popularity of CoD and the fact that you need to do campaign, MP, and the co-op mode to get the plat and that doesn't appeal to everyone. 

CoD was my gateway to trophy hunting (casual). 

4 hours ago, audiopile said:

Personally I don't care about the rarity but I can agree that Zombies sucks and Extinction was better. Damn Zombies are keeping me from the BO2 plat. I did manage to kill the Pentagn thief solo. That felt good

The Pentagon thief solo is actually easier than in a group, you down yourself purposely and you'll have the pack a punched grenade pistol that destroys him easily

8 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I've been keeping my eye on it also and will be happy once it reaches UR status. Of the COD games I have played it is probably one of my favorite single player campaigns. Didn't care for zombies and had given up on it for a while.

Oh no doubt, the campaign was a blast. Just fucking awful checkpoints. But the twist at the end... But I loved zombies, and "Five" was definitely one of my favorite maps -- BUT fuck Moon, Shang, and CotD. Favorite DLC maps are definitely Nacht, Ascension, and Verruckt (FUCK Shi no Numa). Now BO2 had its share of bad maps imo, for I hated Buried, Origins, and TranShit, but loved Die Rise and MotD. But when it comes to BO3, SoE took some getting used to be, because of the Margwa, but Der Eisendrache was so fun, while Shitsubou was awful, and Gorod had its moment, but had a shit wonder weapon. Revelations wasn't exactly what the fans wanted, but it did bring back memories of the BO1 days. But someday I hope to get the easter eggs in BO3 done...just need Shitsubou and Rev. 

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD

On 6.04.2017 at 3:00 PM, maurjen said:

This game was a real pain to finish Platinum is nearly impossible to complete unless you have someone is good at the game to help you out

so it means I'm a cod god If I got zombie trophies solo on split screen and I have beaten veteran campaign in 2 days  XD?

• 3 months later...