Egg-stra XP Question

DaRetroOne

Are the Egg-stra XP challenges still doable without grinding hours of multiplayer to get a specific map? I managed to get Containment and get the egg there but is there any playlist that has all of the season pass maps in high rotation? I tried getting one of the eggs in a private match and nothing happened, I'd assume this is online only. Has anyone done these trophies recently that can help? 

59 minutes ago, DaRetroOne said:

Are the Egg-stra XP challenges still doable without grinding hours of multiplayer to get a specific map? I managed to get Containment and get the egg there but is there any playlist that has all of the season pass maps in high rotation? I tried getting one of the eggs in a private match and nothing happened, I'd assume this is online only. Has anyone done these trophies recently that can help? 

11 minutes ago, Smithy said:

You'll have to get them through an online lobby. Try to party up with people who have the DLC's, then you'll have a better chance of getting a map that you want. When i used to play this game a while back, I noticed that drop zone used to always be played on a DLC map, so you might want to try out that game mode. But that was about a year ago so it may not be the case anymore.

You don't need to do that, you can do it by yourself alone. You can get this in squads all by yourself. The method is to go to Squads, select Safeguard, and instead of "Find Game" simply go to the last option "Play Now" - a random map will come up. If it's one you don't need, press circle to go back one screen. If it's one you need, go get your egg. Don't forget that you need to go to the related Extinction map and drill/scan one hive to its comletion before it will pop up. It's what I did for it and it only took about 15 minutes

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You don't need to do that, you can do it by yourself alone. You can get this in squads all by yourself. The method is to go to Squads, select Safeguard, and instead of "Find Game" simply go to the last option "Play Now" - a random map will come up. If it's one you don't need, press circle to go back one screen. If it's one you need, go get your egg. Don't forget that you need to go to the related Extinction map and drill/scan one hive to its comletion before it will pop up. It's what I did for it and it only took about 15 minutes

No way. I wish I would've know about this when I had spent ages doing the method I'd suggested. Thanks for posting, I'll edit my post so people don't follow my one.

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

This is how I did the last map pack. I also recommended it to a friend that was having trouble getting the DLC maps to show up in rotation for mp. Best way to go about getting these trophies.