Ys Origin gets a LRG-based release (date: August 25th)

crimsonidol38

Limited Run Games just announced that they will do a limited retail release of Ys Origin for PS4 and PS Vita. There will be a standard edition and a collector's edition that comes with an additional artbook. A release date hasn't been given yet.

This retail release is separate from the one that was mentioned a few weeks ago via Play-Asia:

http://www.play-asia.com/asia-exclusive-ys-origin-physical-release-ps4-psv-pre-order-now/5f/749jb

EDIT:

The date now has been confirmed: August 25th

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Just now, jasondm300 said:

son of a bitch.  I did the play-asia one.  I wonder if I can cancel it and just go with the LRG release

IIRC there should be an option to cancel a pre-order at Play-Asia. At least there was an option when I last ordered a physical item there (which was 2014, though).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

IIRC there should be an option to cancel a pre-order at Play-Asia. At least there was an option when I last ordered a physical item there (which was 2014, though).

I'm going to try and cancel it.  the shitty part is they already charged me.  I have not had great service with play-asia, and I probably will not order from them again.  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ey guys, good news from Limited run games.

Ys Origin will be released on Friday and will be sold as a preorder and be manufactured to demand.

This only applies to standard edition ($30), collector edition (55) will be limited to 3,000 copies per platform.

Standard edition will be open to order for a full 24 hour window, after that order will be closed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Ey guys, good news from Limited run games.

Ys Origin will be released on Friday and will be sold as a preorder and be manufactured to demand.

This only applies to standard edition ($30), collector edition (55) will be limited to 3,000 copies per platform.

Standard edition will be open to order for a full 24 hour window, after that order will be closed.

After the backlash that Night Trap and Wonder Boy's releases had, they made the right decision.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Geodude said:

After the backlash that Night Trap and Wonder Boy's releases had, they made the right decision.

Yes, I hope they also release Rabi Ribi as preorder.

I was going to try to get an Ys Origin Collector, but without soundtrack I'm not really interested.

Edited by GoldenShaka

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, FinalFan said:

If somebody is interested, 1f1e9-1f1ea.png Strictly Limited is doing pre-orders for Switch + PS4.

Limited is 30€ and Collector (see 1f4f7.png) is 45€.

Ys-Banners_PS4_1024x1024.png?v=159713900

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/ys-origin/

A good deal for anyone still wanting the game.  I  picked up the LRG CE and it was terrible, a huge waste of money (It's the game that stopped me buying 99% of their CE's)

On 11/8/2020 at 6:12 PM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Do these physical copies suffer the same game crashes in Time Attack mode as the digital copies? Otherwise I might consider picking one up.

I think it's the digital EU version put on a BD. I played every single version of this game, and I can say that the PS4 versions (both international and AS) have random crashes during the game (especially the final areas), but luckily no crash during the Nightmare Boss Rush (but I found the game crashes when you keep losing the fight between Toal and Velagunder. I don't know why), while the Vita versions have terrible framerate drops (especially the true final boss), but no crashes.

Anyway, there's another LGR CE (only Switch version) which is much better (compared to the first release), but is sold out... Now this is a real Collector's Edition!

P2MpW8Y.jpg

There's also an Asian Switch multilanguage version...

And on Amazon.jp I found this new release. Is there anyone who knows anything about this one? On PlayAsia I read this is a "special edition" (which I think it's the same of Amazon, except the... Slipcase?) with soundtrack (2 CDs), artbook, and poster.

https://www.play-asia.com/ys-origin-special-edition-multi-language/13/70dlmnZAfqQiK.png

But this period is really crazy for Ys Origin: so many physical versions of this game!

44 minutes ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

I think it's the digital EU version put on a BD. I played every single version of this game, and I can say that the PS4 versions (both international and AS) have random crashes during the game (especially the final areas), but luckily no crash during the Nightmare Boss Rush (but I found the game crashes when you keep losing the fight between Toal and Velagunder. I don't know why), while the Vita versions have terrible framerate drops (especially the true final boss), but no crashes.

So different from my experience with this game. I had zero crashes in the 90 orso hours playing the story, but every single time I play Boss Rush the game crashes. It doesn’t even matter if I beat all bosses first try. The game just crashes anyway. Never made it past the 6th Boss because of this. Can’t bother with it anymore but was hoping a physical copy would solve it.

Edit: I have the EU digital version btw.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

10 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

So different from my experience with this game. I had zero crashes in the 90 orso hours playing the story, but every single time I play Boss Rush the game crashes. It doesn’t even matter if I beat all bosses first try. The game just crashes anyway. Never made it past the 6th Boss because of this. Can’t bother with it anymore but was hoping a physical copy would solve it.

Edit: I have the EU digital version btw.

Did the crashes happen using a specific character during the boss rush? I made all 4 of them using only Hugo Ex (which is the easiest). Maybe you can change to Hugo (non Ex), or, if you feel confident, practice with another character, like Toal (which is herder at the beginning, but after Shion it becomes easier) or Adol Napishtim version (his lightning ability literally demolishes almost every boss!). But you're right, these random crashes are really annoying, especially on the boss rush. Searching on interent someone says it's related to the time the game is opened, someone else says "delete and reinstall". Maybe you can try with the last one...

1 hour ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Did the crashes happen using a specific character during the boss rush? I made all 4 of them using only Hugo Ex (which is the easiest). Maybe you can change to Hugo (non Ex), or, if you feel confident, practice with another character, like Toal (which is herder at the beginning, but after Shion it becomes easier) or Adol Napishtim version (his lightning ability literally demolishes almost every boss!). But you're right, these random crashes are really annoying, especially on the boss rush. Searching on interent someone says it's related to the time the game is opened, someone else says "delete and reinstall". Maybe you can try with the last one...

Yeah I used Ex Hugo too. I might try a few different things. Using normal Hugo and reinstalling the game. Haven’t tried that yet. I always closed application and start fresh whenever I attempted it so it can’t be leaving the game on for too long.

I wanted to try it with Toal because he’s my favorite character to play as but that True Final Boss has me worried.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

• 4 months later...
On 13/01/2021 at 10:22 AM, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Weird, just got a copy of Ys Origins Physically from the UK... Was just a normal Retail Release (maybe it was done way later or was strictly a EU thing I dunno ?)

I believe that version came out sometime last year (2020). Strictly Limited did a special limited edition of the game, but otherwise the standard physical is indeed just a regular retail release.

I got the LRG version a few years back when it came out, so this kinda annoys me, given I likely paid double what the retail EU/UK version goes for when you count the shipping + import tax, and I only got around to actually playing this game recently. Not the first time something similar has happened, doubt it will be the last, I'm just too much of a sucker for physical releases.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/01/2021 at 7:21 AM, SuperSmexy500 said:

I believe that version came out sometime last year (2020). Strictly Limited did a special limited edition of the game, but otherwise the standard physical is indeed just a regular retail release.

I got the LRG version a few years back when it came out, so this kinda annoys me, given I likely paid double what the retail EU/UK version goes for when you count the shipping + import tax, and I only got around to actually playing this game recently. Not the first time something similar has happened, doubt it will be the last, I'm just too much of a sucker for physical releases.

I feel you, I've been in similar situations before. I did get Ys Origin in a Sale to be fair (plus it means I have the Vita Version as well) but I never played it before getting this Physical Copy so that was kinda a waste of money ? done Ys Seven, 1 and about halfway in 2, VI, & Memories so far and am absolutely obsessed with this Series now ?

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL
  • Like 1