Jak and Daxter: The Trilogy and Jak X PS2 classic games to PS4.

1 hour ago, Mar said:

Alright this is getting to the point where you're just listing invalid points. Not bothering there, as your evidently wrong mostly.

Side missions are exactly that, optional. And even then, one is a time trial version of the first story race, while the other is a legit new race. That's it, two.

That's simply wrong, but ok. JX isnt a kart racer, so it was never going to be perfected to that extent of CTR, especially since JX actually has ambitious and admirable complexity designs, unlike simplistic (mediocre) CTR. Striking perfection with a Sim/Kart hybrid is near impossible (its a two main racing styles meshed up). But the final result still turned out wonderful, instead of broken or just passable.

Regardless, the games have aged well, compared to other old games that have not aged well.

At best, you're only half right, since Jak wasnt copying GTA entirely.

Jesus, your hatred really shows in that comment, smh. Regardless, your point of view is debunked by people's happiness for it already, and the logical likely-hood of the memory card glitch being fixed.

Ok, you keep bringing up irrelevant and negative statements like that...

You're good at just dismissing things without explaining why. Just say it's invalid, so therefore it is. Nice argumentation there!

When did side-missions become any less part of the game? :S And yes, more than once, and you had to use it for collectibles too. And driving around in the story for other shit.

When did I say Jak X is a kart racer? I said I expected more from Jak X than a mediocre racing game after ND perfected the kart racing genre. Jak X was just such a huge let-down.

This is simply meaningless nonsense: "ambitious and admirable complexity designs".

Yeah, yeah. I see I hurt your feelings by calling a game you didn't even make for mediocre, a game that was received rather universally as mediocre at release. So you felt the need to call some other game I praised for mediocre. ;p Search around a bit, and you'll see all the praise CTR got despite it being yet another mascot kart game. People still talk about it as one of the best kart games ever. :P

When you got threads after thread, post after post, of people complaining about Jak 2 and 3 after playing the remasters, yeah, you know it hasn't aged well. And it's the gameplay. The graphics were nice enough and hasn't aged too bad. The story all over the place, but it had some fun moments, but little all that worthwhile, especially the last 3 games.

I don't know why "you're only half right" is some kinda point you're trying to make here. I said they were miming and copying, and they were. Nobody has said they tried to make a GTA duplicate, but it's not that far from it. There's a little more platforming, as found in the first game, and the characters from the first game with some tacked-on convoluted story to sell two more games. Tacked-on? Because they weren't intended in the first place.

My hatred? I'm just annoyed these 4 games gets ported when there's so many other, both more unappreciated and better games that should be ported.

If the memory card glitch is fixed depends on what build they use for the port.

Which of my points of view is "debunked by people's happiness for it already"? xD 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MMDE said:

You're good at just dismissing things without explaining why. Just say it's invalid, so therefore it is. Nice argumentation there!

I wonder why... Circular argument (you think im going to just repetively rephrase points I already established, over and over, like you have?), plus youre literally ignoring my points, while somehow being able to out text me greatly in characters consistently, which to the extent you've been doing is too exhausting to deal with.

Smh. I'm done here, you're too much, and you can't be taken serious with some of the outrageous claims you've made as well as your mostly narrow perspective/argument (You: "all modern Jak games are bad, have aged poorly, stained ND's reputation, failed to be a GTA clone, wasn't even a good attempt at a GTA clone, the gameplay sucks, story sucks, all controls suck, etc, etc"), especially since you actually lie about what you've said (despite objective, clear text you've written, which I can quote). Good thing JX is coming to PS4... and there's NOTHING you can do to stop it ? ? ? ?

Edited by Mar

On 4/5/2017 at 5:46 AM, Mar said:

I wonder why... Circular argument (you think im going to just repetively rephrase points I already established, over and over, like you have?), plus youre literally ignoring my points, while somehow being able to out text me greatly in characters consistently, which to the extent you've been doing is too exhausting to deal with.

Smh. I'm done here, you're too much, and you can't be taken serious with some of the outrageous claims you've made as well as your mostly narrow perspective/argument (You: "all modern Jak games are bad, have aged poorly, stained ND's reputation, failed to be a GTA clone, wasn't even a good attempt at a GTA clone, the gameplay sucks, story sucks, all controls suck, etc, etc"), especially since you actually lie about what you've said (despite objective, clear text you've written, which I can quote). Good thing JX is coming to PS4... and there's NOTHING you can do to stop it 1f602.png 1f60a.png 1f61c.png 1f47f.png

You know, you can refer to what you've said previously, without just saying it's "debunked", when most of what I've said has been replies to what you've said. I'm sorry, but this is not a good way to communicate with anyone, even less someone you're trying to convince of something.

Again you're just dismissing things, calling them x, y and z, therefore not worthy of even addressing. Good job convincing me or anyone else I'm wrong.

Jak 2 was clearly heavily influenced by GTA3. There's no question about this, whatsoever. Just look at how you can nab "cars", and then the guards will be after you, until you avoid them for x amount of time etc. The way you go to a new locations in the city, watch a video to get a new mission. If you do anything wrong to one guard, they're all after you. Just crash into one of them, and they're all after you. etc etc. This is stuff taken from GTA3, and you know it.

I know Jak X is coming to PS4, and I honestly wouldn't care if it wasn't for the fact that it takes away the port team's time to port other games. Jak X is not a terrible racer, it's just mediocre.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

Yup no point in playing them again if they are completed on PS3. Jak X is the only new game to complete.

Just because you don't want to complete them doesn't mean they don't exist. If there are 10 Jak platinums available, and you only have 4, how can you say you've completed the series?

To say you've completed it is devaluing the work of the people who actually went and got all 10 and is pretty disrespectful

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

Just because you don't want to complete them doesn't mean they don't exist. If there are 10 Jak platinums available, and you only have 4, how can you say you've completed the series?

Not that I don't want too, it's I don't need too. I completed the series because I played all the Jak games. I played them on PS3 and thats why I have no need to rebuy them. If i want to play them again I can simply insert the disc in my PS3.

• Like 3

On 2017-04-03 at 3:19 PM, madbuk said:

This is an emulation, everything will be exactly the same as the PS2 versions, but with better graphics, trophy support, and no online functionality.

Crash isn't a reboot, either. The devs refer to it as a "remaster+" but essentially it's a remake. Reboot implies brand new game.

I'd call Crash a faithful remake, I'd say "1:1  remake" but it's not since they're making changes like proper saving in the first game and other QoL things. Heard people claim the gameplay feels differently, but not sure how true that is [and animation can make it seem like things are different, even if they aren't]. But they are virtually the same games, just prettier. "Remaster" is highly undervaluing what work is going into them. "Remake" is slightly misleading, as generally you expect a remake to make drastic changes to modernize. But this isn't. Reboot, as you said implies a new game in the franchise. Tomb Raider [og] vs it's reboot for a prime example.

32 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Are you really done with the series if there are still 3 other games you haven't platinumed? :huh:

Why would you say you need to replatinum a game on a different platform just to "complete the series"? the series is not the various ports, but the individual games. :/ What a silly conversation.

If you didn't play every version of Final Fantasy I, does that mean you didn't "complete the game"? No. That's dumb. Did you not "complete the series" if you didn't do every single version of each game? You know how many versions of some of them there are?

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Why would you say you need to replatinum a game on a different platform just to "complete the series"? the series is not the various ports, but the individual games. :/ What a silly conversation.

If you didn't play every version of Final Fantasy I, does that mean you didn't "complete the game"? No. That's dumb. Did you not "complete the series" if you didn't do every single version of each game? You know how many versions of some of them there are?

Because there are 10 Jak platinums available to be earned. That's an undeniable fact. I don't see how you can consider the franchise complete until you have all 10.

In the case of FF I, there's nothing like platinums to differentiate the different versions from each other. In that case, I'd say 1 is enough unless the others have extra/different content included. In the case of Jak, the new platinums are the extra/different content and to say you have all the platinums when you only have 4 undermines the work of someone who went and got all 10. Why should you be on the same level as them when they've clearly done extra work?

30 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Because the franchise is
Jak & Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3

Jak X [we don't know if it'll have a plat]
Daxter [PSP, no trophies]

The other one on PSP that I'm too lazy to google the name of [PSP, no trophies].

The franchise is not

Jak & Daxter [PS2]

Jak & Daxter [PS3]
Jak & Daxter [PS Vita]

Jak & Daxter [PS4]

etc.

Because that's not how things work. Getting platinums in every version of the game is something a lot of people are not compelled to do. Why should they have to say they didn't "plat the series" just because they didn't do each individual version of each game? That's absurd. Doing one of each is enough to say that. They aren't claiming to plat every version, and if they had that's what they'd say.

Did you not watch the entire *insert movie franchise here* unless you watched it on every single platform it was ever released on? ie; Netflix, iTunes, DVD, VHS, Bluray, 4K Bluray, 3D Bluray, in theatres, etc. Because that is pretty much how you're acting about games and trophies. Which is silly beyond words. But whatever.

Watching every version of Harry Potter isn't the same as accomplishing every platinum in a videogame series. If you look at the games list here, you will see 6 Jak platinums, there is no getting around that fact. To say otherwise is silly beyond words.

With Harry Potter, for instance, there's not really any site that tracks all your progress. If there was, and it listed iTunes/DVD/Bluray/etc. separately, then yes, I'd say you need to watch every version if you want to say you've completed Harry Potter.

To take this back to gaming terms, if we were on a site that included Xbox games, I would also say that the Xbox games would be required if you want to say you've completed the series on top of the PS versions (I realize Jak is PS exclusive, I'm just talking in general here). In terms of PSNP, there is no denying that there are 6 separate platinums to be obtained (7 if you include PS Move Heroes I guess), and to say that someone who has 3 platinums is the same as someone who has 6 is absolute nonsense. One has clearly accomplished more than the other.

This is the big problem with the Project Propaganda threads. They make stacking out to be a bad thing and ridicule anyone who does more work than they personally deem necessary.

Edited by madbuk

43 minutes ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

Yup no point in playing them again if they are completed on PS3. Jak X is the only new game to complete.

Are you Delusional? Just go and repeat them Platinum trophies when it comes out. This isn't exact Rocket Science. This is another fun and easy platinum for Jak and Daxter's 4 titles.

2 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Are you Delusional? Just go and repeat them Platinum trophies when it comes out. This isn't exact Rocket Science. This is another fun and easy platinum for Jak and Daxter's 4 titles.

Naw I'm good, I don't want 3 platinums for one game.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Because there are 10 Jak platinums available to be earned. That's an undeniable fact. I don't see how you can consider the franchise complete until you have all 10.

In the case of FF I, there's nothing like platinums to differentiate the different versions from each other. In that case, I'd say 1 is enough unless the others have extra/different content included. In the case of Jak, the new platinums are the extra/different content and to say you have all the platinums when you only have 4 undermines the work of someone who went and got all 10. Why should you be on the same level as them when they've clearly done extra work?

I don't really get your logic. Just because the exact same game (no additional features, levels, enemies, whatever) has 2 or 3 platinums, it's not complete until a person has earned every single one of them?

How about Final Fantasy XV, which has 5 identical lists but technically 5 platinums to earn?

• Like 2

Just now, soniq said:

I don't really get your logic. Just because the exact same game (no additional features, levels, enemies, whatever) has 2 or 3 platinums, it's not complete until a person has earned every single one of them?

How about Final Fantasy XV, which has 5 identical lists but technically 5 platinums to earn?

Yes, if you want to finish the FF franchise, you need to do all 5 XV lists.

Who cares if it's 'the exact same game' (which, by the way, it's not. PS3 version has strange audio bugs and visual bugs not present on PS2, Vita has frame rate issues, PS2 version works fine but doesn't look as good as Vita/PS3)? That doesn't change the fact that there are 3 platinums for each game (excluding X) once the PS4 emulations release, that is an undeniable truth.

If it's possible for someone to have more Jak plats than you (or FF plats) how can you say you've completed it? Because clearly you haven't if someone somehow managed to get more than you have.

8 minutes ago, madbuk said:

This is the big problem with the Project Propaganda threads. They make stacking out to be a bad thing and ridicule anyone who does more work than they personally deem necessary.

I've stacked many platinums, look at my list [R&C, Sly Cooper - still need a few though, too lazy]. I've also only done one of each [toys to life games]. And I've done every game in those series. I don't care if you don't think that's true. I'm not going to replay through the Skylanders games on PS3 just to platinum them to validate your weird standards. They are the same games, only with worse performance.

One of each game is enough to say you've done the series. You are conflating "every single platinum available" with "series" for some unknown reason. Maybe you just need extra validation or something. Who knows, but it's a waste of your time. As with many things related to trophies, you can't force other people to approach them the way you do. You need to learn to deal with that. And before you go, "but you aren't!"... that's not at all true. I would not have responded at all if you weren't acting like other people are wrong for doing things the way they do it. If you're going to act like you're "right" and others are "wrong" then you open yourself up to an argument about your point.

And I don't feel you've made a compelling argument at all. You are perfectly within your rights to view it your way, but you can't try to enforce it on anyone else. I completed the Skylanders series. dealwithit.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lars said:

So Jak X is a racing game, i didn't even know that there was a racer in the Jak franchise. Might get that one when it releases, i have the trilogy on PS3 so i'll pass that.

You didn't know that for good reason.

If anything, I'd rather see a port of the Daxter game on PSP.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

If anything, I'd rather see a port of the Daxter game on PSP.

PSP emulator on PS4 when? Do it Sony. As long as it lets us remap controls entirely [more freedom than PS Vita allows], then it'd be amazing.

1 minute ago, Elvick_ said:

PSP emulator on PS4 when? Do it Sony. As long as it lets us remap controls entirely [more freedom than PS Vita allows], then it'd be amazing.

And when they're at it, do PS1 too. Oh, how I want some of those PS1 games to have trophies. :) Maybe we'd finally get Tombi! with trophies!!!

They already did PS1 emulator on PS3, I just want those tropheis for them. A motivating factor to replay the games.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Complete them all or you aren't worthy to say that you completed the game. Much fun spending money on the five Season Passes. :P

DON'T TAKE THIS SERIOUS!

Shiiiiiit, I better get on it right after finishing all 6 versions of The Evil Within. :/

3 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

They should have just ported the PSP games from J&D and R&C to PS3, like they did with the two GoW games.

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Let's just say that there's a reason for this trophy. :D

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2752-the-last-of-us-remastered/31-nobodys-perfect

• Like 3