PSA: EA to Shut Down FIFA 12 and FIFA 13 Servers on 3 July 2017

thegirlruka

Found via http://www2.ea.com/1/service-updates

After previously annoucing the closure of the servers for FIFA 12, EA has once again announced that the game's servers will be shut down on PC, PS3, Vita, and 360. In addition, the servers for FIFA 13 will be shut down for PC, PS3, Vita, 360, and WiiU. You may remember that FIFA 12 originally had a 28 February 2014 server closure date, but the servers remained online.

The linked page lists both the individual games and their "Ultimate Team" portions as shutting down. I'm not sure which trophies this may affect as I've never played a FIFA game, but I can update this post if anyone knows the affected trophies.

FIFA 12 List

FIFA 13 (PS3) List

FIFA 13 (Vita) List

If you'd like to boost any of these trophies before the server closure, feel free to use a gaming session or join the 1Z1G Discord community.

I did a search before creating this topic and found nothing related to the games' shutdowns. I've placed it in PSN instead of the individual pages as it affects multiple games on multiple consoles.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, harsly said:

FUCK I need to get the online trophies on VITA done.

I'm in the same boat. Wanna get these done together? (noticed you have the same fifa 13 game for vita)

Yet another edit: join my gaming session if you want to boost ranked matches: https://psnprofiles.com/session/116883-fifa-13

Edited by jaehyun1009

10 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

So EA have finally broken their no-closure streak, it'll be 4.5 years since their last closure (excluding Bulletstorm which was out of their control). Looks like they're back on the closure wagon.

EA are closing things by the month. Just not so much PS related.

18 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

Thanks for the notice. :)

Gotta clean up those few trophies, which are doable for me..

Doubt that "In Form" and "I Love this Club" will be amonst them :S or winning a Cup in Seasons for that matter :D 

You might wanna act fast on that cup trophy. As far as I remember, they only become available every so often, I think it's every 2 weeks but i may be wrong. 

I'm surprised that they've lasted this long, since EA are behind it.  

6 minutes ago, Smithy said:

You might wanna act fast on that cup trophy. As far as I remember, they only become available every so often, I think it's every 2 weeks but i may be wrong.

I will give it a shot, but I suck really hard at Fifa :D

Guess I will rather focus on getting a Club Win and 25% with my Pro and trying the glitchy 25 Match Day Games, maybe with deleting the savegame.. :)

14 minutes ago, ee28max said:

EA is the shittiest developer ever -_-.

To be fair, the games are 4 and 5 years old and they have given 3 months notice. That's more than Activision gave for Ghostbusters & Quantum Of Solace (they shut the servers down without any notice at all). It should also be noted that these are yearly iterations in a series (unlike the 2 Activision games I mentioned) so the servers should be expected to be shut down at some point so the resources can be used on the newer versions.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

To be fair, the games are 4 and 5 years old and they have given 3 months notice. That's more than Activision gave for Ghostbusters & Quantum Of Solace (they shut the servers down without any notice at all). 

Yeah I know, but there's one FIFA title I failed to plat and they didn't announce when the challenges would stop reloading. Maybe they just announce when the servers are going down. Good thing that its servers are still on though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...