Does anyone have any physical abnormalities/mutations?

Lady Lilith

I thought of this topic after thinking how weird it is how I can't smell...at all, and have never been able to. So, yeah. I guess anything out of the ordinary counts, physical impairments (if you so desire to share them), or just simply other mutations, like missing a sense, having two different color eyes, or anything like that.

So....I can't smell. Period. Never been able to. Apparently it's called congenital anosmia.

I lack in depth perception too. I first noticed this at work, where we have to put books on shelves at times, and sometimes we have to judge how much more to post until we fill up the shelf. Well....I can't do that. I just have no judgement of space. Goes for anything where I need to eyeball measure something.

I....think this is one, but I'm not sure if this isn't just making up for not being able to smell. Apparently I can "taste" smells, but only really strong ones...I think. First noticed this when I was cleaning someting with rubbing alcohol at work...I got this feeling like I imagine what it would be like to smell it, but I didn't do anything with my nose, so I know it wasn't that. It wore off after a few seconds, but it was pretty odd.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm safe posting this here, everyone seemed very supportive of my last...ahem...personal...post, so I don't see why this would be any different.

Great thread. I liked the idea. and it is really amazing that you can achieve something even though you have some kind of problem!

Anyway, about myself, I wear glasses! But, if I take those glasses off, I cannot recognize anything. my vision is very bad! Thinking of doing an eye surgery but oh will! I think I can handle things with glasses ;) I do not know if you call that physical abnormality, but, without glasses I would not be here writing a comment on your thread ;)

Great thread. I liked the idea. and it is really amazing that you can achieve something even though you have some kind of problem!

Anyway, about myself, I wear glasses! But, if I take those glasses off, I cannot recognize anything. my vision is very bad! Thinking of doing an eye surgery but oh will! I think I can handle things with glasses ;) I do not know if you call that physical abnormality, but, without glasses I would not be here writing a comment on your thread ;)

Don't worry my friend, there is 2 of us now. I mean I can see without glasses anyway, but if you go to a not so far place, I can't recognise people, just right in front of me is that I can recognise.

• Like 1

I was born with Scoliosis, a hereditary birth defect that has made my spine slightly crooked, it does get annoying because my head is always slightly tilted to the right, so I have a bit of difficulty judging whether something is straight or not. I can think of one more thing, but I'm not sure if it counts and that's Gout, I know most people associate Gout with the elderly, but it can also be hereditary, which it is in my case, I can't really explain what Gout is (but I hate how it makes my feet swell if I eat chicken,because I love KFC), so I'm afraid you'd have to look it up.

Nothing too special here.

I wear glasses (well, sometimes...) but if I don't wear them, I can see rather well. I sometimes have trouble recognizing people, when they're far away. But since it really has to be far away, I'm lucky for now.

When I was born I had a six toe on my right food, but it got strangulated shortly after.

I have trouble with my knees. Doctors couldn't find out why, now I haven't been for a while. But I live normally with it. Just hurts at times.

(I was tested for Gout and Rheumatism when I was around 14, but luckily it wasn't either of those!)

Right now the most noticeable would be a scar on my left thumb: It goes all the way from right in front of thumbnail, through the thumbnail and end there, where the thumb goes over in the hand (so to speak).

But that wasn't a mutation but carelessness...

I guess I'm rather lucky that I don't have anything big out of the ordinary.

Edited by Latikos

About every 1 to 2 years, for up to four days I cant walk on my right leg. It's like it just stops working and becomes a paralyzed dead weight. Once the feeling comes back, I'm usually in pain for a couple of days before I can walk on it again.

Been tested for all sorts of shit over the years, they've never found out what it is. Closest they can come to is that is Sciatica like as it is symptoms rather than a diagnosis.

One day I'll get it cyberneticly enhanced.

• Like 1

Plenty, but nothing major.

My eyes change colour, from green to blue, quite frequently.

My hair? It consists of 5 colours, red, brunette, blonde, in all different shades, and completely natural.

I have a poor sense of smell, and I lack empathy, it's an emotion I've never really felt for things.

Oh, toes are double jointed, too. Can move them up, as easily as down.

• Like 1

I have a deformed optic nerve in my left eye; you can't visibly tell except for I often experience severe migraines that are like mini-strokes and I lose control of the muscles in the left side of my face, so it goes all droopy. I have pretty bad astigmatism from this so I too wear glasses :)

Also, not really a mutation, but I have a chronic pain condition in my stomach that was caused by a reallly nasty case of glandular fever when I was 15, so now I get excruciating pains and anxiety-like symptoms of nausea, panic attacks, high blood pressure and bruxism. It's not fun but it's not gonna kill me either so...

• Like 1

Nerve damage in both my arms although from different points which has given me slower reaction times as well as other problems comes with a fair bit of pain as well.

Nerve damage in my neck which is probably one of the worst and unbearable problems I have since when that decides to act up it isn't just a little thing to worry about can also lead to a faceplant/headbutt into the floor or a sink...

Most of my nerve damage is caused through minor operations as well the only one that'd be possibly my fault was when my right wrist met with a steel framed bed at high speed and force.

Hair has multiple colours through it naturally though my hair is mainly black it has red, blonde, brunette, white, grey and different shades of each.

Right eye due to being burned when I was younger is now super sensitive to heat otherwise I have no problems with my vision but during summer I am basically rendered practically blind in that eye due to the burning sensation it gets.

I have two extra ribs as well which I found at once getting x-rayed or scanned for something that I have forgotten about.

@gamerm1337: Taste is linked to smell so most people can to varying degrees actually taste smells to a degree but I actually find it weird that your sense of taste is there if you have no sense of smell since the two are linked.

Well, I have really long eyelashes which is not normal on guys, and one, just one eyelash in my right eye grows inside towards my eye. Its extremely annoying, if I let it grow too much it starts to ache and to hinder my vision. But it's even worse when it's in the process of growing because the little pointy thing is strong and it sting my eye. Anyways, I have to take it out with an eyebrow tweezer (no it doesn't hurts....that much...) every two months or so.

Don't worry my friend, there is 2 of us now. I mean I can see without glasses anyway, but if you go to a not so far place, I can't recognise people, just right in front of me is that I can recognise.

And I have also a finger in my left toe that is in top of the other finger.

Let me use google translate to see if this works out between me and everyone else.

The second finger of my left foot is on top of the third finger. While the other fingers of both feet are on the line.

Just abnormalitysince I am born.

Another thing is that when I was a baby (1 or 2 years old), one time my parents we're playing with me and I suddenly fell asleep not wanting to sleep, my dads were worried that I gone to heaven :) Well that never happened or else you we're talking to a ghost. Or maybe that happened? That is another story to tell on another topic :awesome: Don't miss it because I won't.

And I have also a finger in my left toe that is in top of the other finger.

Let me use google translate to see if this works out between me and everyone else.

The second finger of my left foot is on top of the third finger. While the other fingers of both feet are on the line.

Just abnormalitysince I am born.

Another thing is that when I was a baby (1 or 2 years old), one time my parents we're playing with me and I suddenly fell asleep not wanting to sleep, my dads were worried that I gone to heaven :) Well that never happened or else you we're talking to a ghost. Or maybe that happened? That is another story to tell on another topic :awesome: Don't miss it because I won't.

brain-on-drugs-cartoon-468.jpg

I mentioned the glasses in my first post.

I don't know that it qualifies, but I've delivered furniture for 6 1/2 years, leaving my back and right shoulder in constant pain, but it's a very dull pain, more like a discomfort really. Over the past few years, I've also had something going on with my wrists and right knee that I can't really name with any certainty, but with arthritis so prevalent in my family, I could take a shitty guess...

I'm a lefty, living in a right-handed world :facepalm:

If you think that's weird. I write right-handed but I am physically dominant with my left-hand (I throw left-handed, bowl left-handed, play drums like a lefty on rockband etc). If you think that's confusing then hold on. I am also left-footed in all sports. However I bat/golf like a right-handed player. I hold on to a wii controller with my left hand but I hold forks and spoons with my right hand. :blah:

In other words, if either of my hands/arms were amputated, I'd be screwed!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

If you think that's weird. I write right-handed but I am physically dominant with my left-hand (I throw left-handed, bowl left-handed, play drums like a lefty on rockband etc). If you think that's confusing then hold on. I am also left-footed in all sports. However I bat/golf like a right-handed player. I hold on to a wii controller with my left hand but I hold forks and spoons with my right hand. :blah:

In other words, if either of my hands/arms were amputated, I'd be screwed!

Actually, not that weird. I shoot left handed in stick sports. EDIT: I'm right handed :P

My physical weirdness is that I was born with club foot. Its a fucked up foot condition usually leaving people limited in their capabilities. However, my doc told me "you have no limitations"...so that's when I started skateboarding, rollerblading, snowboarding, running, parkour-ing?, or basically anything that required the use of my feet. I wanted to show them and myself that I was capable of anything I put my mind to. :)

Edited by daftprophet