Does anyone have any physical abnormalities/mutations?

Lady Lilith

I don't like lights, so i have to shower in the dark. whenever there's a light on i get a very bad headache and my eyes turn yellow. After i had 2 knee surgeries because of sports i cant feel my left leg at all.You can poke it with a knife or anything and i wont feel it. people call me weird when i tell them these things, im not weird. :(

• Like 1

Oh yeah, don't know how I forgot this one, since it's probably the one that interferes with my life the most.

Insomnia. Had it pretty much forever, couldn't sleep to the point of staying up till like 3-4am on school nights as a kid...I remember I'd hide under the covers with my little worm light and play Gameboy Color, to attempt to fool my dad I was sleeping. Later I got sleep medicine, and that seemed to help a bit, still stay up till like 6am (sometimes all night) if I forget to take it though. Other than that, I'm pretty much always tired in the morning at work, it sucks.

I don't have anymore, but when I was in 1st grade with 6 years old (it's usual to enter in the school in Portugal with 5 years old, but because of a car acident I had I lost my speech at 3 or 4 years old) I couldn't sleep too much time.

I was going to bet at 9:30 pm, but at 2, 3 hours in the morning I woke up and can't sleep anymore. I needed to take a medicine that made me sleep. Maybe even now it's not finished, because normal at my age sleep until 12 am or more, I can only until 6 or 7 am and I have to go to bet at 11:30 pm because I get too much sleepy and after that time I can sleep wherever I want, just close my eyes and put my head on something confortable.

Now that I see what I wrote, I think I might still need that medicine.

More PS3 time to me so not going to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well damn. I was going to post that I have an abnormally large penis but this threads all serious...

Parker

Same problem and its a pain in the cold weather. Turns blue and looks like a skinned rabbit if I don't keep it warm. And by that I dont mean hiding it in warm places, I mean thermal underwear, heavy trousers etc if the weather is less than 3 Celsius - although windchill and rain also have a significant effect. :( Nights out in the winter time were a curse as when its cold it doesn't like to be bothered which was distressing when I was a lad until I worked out what the problem was. :hmm::facepalm:

This is psychologist.

Everyone dreams when sleep, but what are the dreams you drem with? Normally I dream with the future.

But after a few days, weeks or months they really happen.

The newest thing this happend was me on summer vacations I dreamed about a friend of mine having a pc in the school library and was downloading something and then he said 26%.

Then yesterday, that happened. We have downloaded Alien Swarm for PC and then he said 26%!

This is a really strange thing that happen to me.

I am imagining that one day I dream someone will pass the street then some car hits him. But I can only say that will happen after they happen, because I just don't remember the things early then when happen I think that I saw that anoter place.

If this worked for jackpot. I would be rich :awesome:

Edited by BrunoBomb

My pelvis on one side is not even half the size of the other (tracing in 2D looks like a triangle. Kinda like one side shrunk in the wash or something). Luckily that leg bone is longer to compensate, but the leg socket is all messed up so my leg bone gets stuck in the socket sometimes. In mainly happens when I lift my leg straight in front of me. I have to rotate my leg to the side a bit in the process. This isn't a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but it takes lots of leg exercises impossible. Any of those exercise cardio videos? Yeah, can't do the leg stuff. Right now, I'm just thinking about lifting my leg straight out, and my bone twinges.

My whole body is asymmetrical in some wacky way, but that seems to be the only one that bothers me. My rib cage is also visibly longer on one side. I had a vest custom made by seamstresses and the two each traced one side. When they couldn't match the other's drawing they got into a war about their skill levels. My stupid ribs killed a friendship.

• 2 years later...

I don't know if this counts but 80% of the time i can control my dreams. I Always dream of real places and people that i closely know and i can control myself in my dreams. I can feel it like i'm not sleeping, i'm alive and i'm doing what i do every day. I tell myself where to go or who to talk with and what to say. It's really strange and when i woke up there are times that i'm not sure if i even woke up or i'm still dreaming :unsure:  When i'm not seeing this kind of dreams i just see crazy nightmare stuff, like i'm lock in my house, someone is chasing me and i always try to lock the door behind me and never make it on time, or even when i do the door still opens.

• Like 2

I don't know if this counts but 80% of the time i can control my dreams. I Always dream of real places and people that i closely know and i can control myself in my dreams. I can feel it like i'm not sleeping, i'm alive and i'm doing what i do every day. I tell myself where to go or who to talk with and what to say. It's really strange and when i woke up there are times that i'm not sure if i even woke up or i'm still dreaming :unsure:  When i'm not seeing this kind of dreams i just see crazy nightmare stuff, like i'm lock in my house, someone is chasing me and i always try to lock the door behind me and never make it on time, or even when i do the door still opens.

Isn't that lucid dreaming? Many people actually practice and put in a ton of effort to be able to do that as you can do whatever the fuck u want in your dreams after you gain conciousness and act like a god pretty much. Tho if you get that all the time you've probably experienced sleep paralysis too which is damn terrifying.

On topic I don't have any abnormalities I know of.

• Like 1

Isn't that lucid dreaming? Many people actually practice and put in a ton of effort to be able to do that as you can do whatever the fuck u want in your dreams after you gain conciousness and act like a god pretty much. Tho if you get that all the time you've probably experienced sleep paralysis too which is damn terrifying.

I'll check know what lucid dreaming is and yes! I forgot to write it but i've experience sleep paralysis 4 times until now and it scares the sh!t out of me. I open my eyes but i can't move anything. I try to move but i feel like i'm tied up and i can't even speak. Last time this happened to me i calmed down, close my eyes again and tried to fall asleep. I woke up fine but i certainly don't want this to happen to me again :S

• Like 1

I'll check know what lucid dreaming is and yes! I forgot to write it but i've experience sleep paralysis 4 times until now and it scares the sh!t out of me. I open my eyes but i can't move anything. I try to move but i feel like i'm tied up and i can't even speak. Last time this happened to me i calmed down, close my eyes again and tried to fall asleep. I woke up fine but i certainly don't want this to happen to me again :S

Yep, it's really bad. I've had it only once and it was before i knew such a thing existed so it freaked me out so much I don't think I've ever been more scared than that. Just like you I couldn't move but I also felt like someone was staring at me from behind constantly. I panicked and probably fainted or something cuz I can't remeber how it stopped. Then I looked it up and found that it's not an extremely rare phenomenon and most people have it at least a few times in their lives and it's pretty common to hallucinate in the meantime too, like seeing aliens or some demon thing sitting on you and eating you, :blink: If you lucid dream often, you should do some research on how to snap out of it quickly :).

• Like 1

I don't really share this all that often, but I actually have a physical abnormality. I've only ever got like one or two comments about someone actually noticing something related to this in my life without me telling them about it first. I guess it's not that visible. One of my feet were bent inwards. o.O They had to cut over the bone inside my leg and turn it around, put a screw inside there to let it stay on it's place and let it grow. I had many surgeries when I was a child because of this, which is rather obvious by some sewing marks that is becoming far less visible these days. The sewing was done with actual skin tissue (I think pig or something, but I could be wrong), so it stays around. It's not like when they use some plastic to sew you when you sew a couple of stitches etc, this was meant to be there for a longer time. The worst part was that the last time I had on bandage (whatever it's called, the hard kind) after an operation, they went too long between when it was changed, so the tissue in my foot started to die. I got a massive scar from it. Imagine the kind you get when you were a child and you ran and fell, and scrubbed your leg. Yeah, that kind of a scar, a massive one covering my entire inside of the heel. Just look at the inside of your own heel, and you will see a big open, almost circular area below where the bone between your leg and foot is. Yes, that was covered by a big scar, that looked like a scrub mark. Because the tissue were dead, this didn't heal quickly. In fact, this was when I was like 5 years old, and now more than 20 years later, I still have a tiny bit left of this scrub mark scar. It's nowhere near as big, and the "scrub" mark part is barely visible now, which is a massive improvement that has mostly happened over the last 5 years. Because of all of this, the foot has also grown slower. It's both clearly weaker (muscle-wise, even if it's rather strong), and size-wise. Pretty much no people actually spot the difference in size unless they are told about it, but when they are told about it and they see them next to each other, they're like WOW, such a big difference. We're talking a couple of cm in length. It's also easier for me to go inwards with the leg, but this is something I've worked on, and isn't all that visible anymore. I can't turn it as much in both directions as I can with the other foot.

This has never stopped me from getting good grades in PE (we're talking A's and B's etc), and neither from going on long hikes or bike cycling or similar quite a lot, so I guess it's not something I've had a lot of issues with since I was very young. In my country it's mandatory for males to have military practice, but you can skip this by doing community service. These days, not all men are required to have military practice, but they are all called in to test them and check if they are fit for military or if they want to do community service. I could pretty much pick, because I told the doctor I was unsure if I could get permanent damage to my foot from the military practice. So I got the choice to either defend country (military service which I couldn't do) or community service, so I picked military service, which I wasn't allowed to do, and by that skipping it all together. lol

I'm glad I got the treatment I did for my foot when I was a child, even if the last time I had on bandage it was on for so long some of the tissue in my foot simply died. It's such a little problem for me that most days, I'm not even consious about it. I don't think about it for weeks.

Yup, that's lucid dreaming. I've heard about people who has practiced doing for study purposes. There are certain things you can do to more easily do it. I know when it's supposedly easier when you're younger, and I personally had a lot of it when I was younger. In fact, I very much liked to get these dreams... lol... :o :o :o I wonder why... :o :o :o I often was able to have them on will. :S They are best when they are in the morning though. Anyways, I also had some nightmares this way and cases where I can get very mad. :S One of the big issues about it is that when you're not in full control, you will often find yourself thinking about what you wish would not happen now, and that is then of course what happens. You can even be half-aware you're dreaming and that you can control this, but yet, you're thinking of bad stuff, and no matter how much you know it's affecting what you're dreaming, that still happens in the dream. I've had some really fucked up dreams this way, especially some scary ones that repeats, and I just have to mentally shut it off and wake up. :P I've had dreams where I feel cheated on by my wife, and I will be actually angry at her when I wake up and have to ask her various questions to re-assure myself it's all a dream. lol I think the most fun ones are when I need to scream to someone in a dream, and I actually scream it out loud. I know my wife talks in her sleep sometimes too. :S

EDIT:

I actually have one more physical abnormality I guess. Yes, most of us gets dandruff, but sadly this is a problem for me, because it's not enough to simply wash it out or something. It's back within an hour, and I've been to many professional hair cutters etc, some that even has specialized in this, that have not been able to do anything about it. I've tried all kinds of hair products, I actually had access to quite a lot for free at one point. Let's just say it's more dandruff than you think, I can't do shit about it, and it's very annoying. :S It's not a huge problem, but it's a constant annoyance. I think my dad had the same problem to a lesser degree too. I'm also not at all hair sore, like you could probably almost pull me up by my hair without it feeling really bad. I was more hair sore when I was younger, especially on the sides, so I know what that is like, but not anymore, at all. Might be a connection. :S

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

I'm double jointed all over (or a better word for it, just flexible but I do feel like there is more than that to it).  My thumbs have to stay in a certain way when I'm not using them and some people have told me it freaks them out while it has also seemed completely normal to me.

Since dreams are a part of this.. I never seem to dream anymore.  I did as a kid, but now I just don't.. that or I just happen to wake up when they are complete/during them? (can't remember what's meant to make you forget a dream completely).

I can't smell at all.

I am missing what has been described by my neurosurgeon as and Ice cream scoop of brain,  left/Front. I have almost half of a replacement skull though I still have a hole just past the hairline. I can't open my jaw very wide, I can't fit something like a Big Mac without splitting it. I couldn't talk or eat for almost 2 years and as a result have a scar on my stomach from the tube that fed nutrients to me. I'm deaf in my right ear which is actually really good for sleeping through noise. Oh yeah, with half of a larynx I'm constantly choaking on food.

At the end of the day I really am just a happy person, Lucky to be alive, Lucky I still have both my parents and lucky I have no signs of male balding ;)

On my left hand, my 3rd finger has poor ligaments so when I try extend my hand I can't completely spread all my fingers out which leads to this finger slightly drooping down which looks very deformed. 

I'm also colour defect, kind of like being colour blind, but I do see colours, but mine just get hashed together and my brain doesn't register what the colours are actually are.

• 4 months later...

So a little bit of a bump, but I've been suffering the past couple days from something that now seems to be recurring, and figured it'd be worth a mention here... 

A few years ago, I had a pretty bad case of central serous retinopathy in my right eye... where fluid builds up behind the retina. It was so bad that I was practically blind in the center of my vision for that eye. (If I covered my left eye and looked at you standing 4ft away, I wouldn't be able to see your face even though I could see everything around it.)

A year or so later, it came back, but in the left eye, and thankfully not as bad.

And now, I have it in both eyes, at the same time.  :shakefist:

So depth perception's kinda hurting, atm.  :(

The doctor says it's something usually stress-related, and that there's not really much to do for treatment, besides waiting 3-4 months for it to go away.  -_-

I have Raynaud's Phenomenon in my fingers, meaning the arteries in my digits overly constrict when it's cold. This gives them a blue color when it's chilly (and this is the reason why Sub-Zero is my favorite character  :lol: ).

I used to have an underbite but I had corrective maxillofacial surgery 3 years ago so now I have small titanium screws in my skull. It's pretty metal.  :devil:

I also can hyperextend my elbow joints.