Does anyone have any physical abnormalities/mutations?

Lady Lilith

Well, I wear glasses if that counts (they're photochromic and darken in sunlight B) <- just like these sunglasses. My eyes are now very sensitive to bright light). I actually got my left eye taken out for an operation when I was like... 7, I think. Yeah... It looked like the eye of Sauron for a couple of weeks after

People also think I always get manicures I don't.

... I saw you at the nail salon on Saturday. You even waved  :facepalm:

Edited by Aela
  • Like 2

Well, I wear glasses if that counts (they're photochromic and darken in sunlight B) <- just like these sunglasses. My eyes are now very sensitive to bright light). I actually got my left eye taken out for an operation when I was like... 7, I think. Yeah... It looked like the eye of Sauron for a couple of weeks after

... I saw you at the nail salon on Saturday. You even waved  :facepalm:

Ha, that couldn't have been me I'm not allowed to move during a manicure... oh wait.

I have Daltonism / Deuteranopia ( Which means that I see certain tints of red and green as grey and if red and green occur together in a large amount, I see it as 1 brown-ish color...)

I have to comment on this, for me it is orange a green. Orange lights make everything black and white (more like shades of brown), I mistake green for orange. The city I live in has 1950's sodium street lights, they give off an orange glow, as a result I do not drive at night. The city I come from only had these lights in low income suburbs, it was not a problem as frequently as now. I can not see or determine green or blue neon lights, I can't see a shape or read a word. This wasn't diagnosed until I was around 21.

• 2 weeks later...

I was born with Scoliosis, a hereditary birth defect that has made my spine slightly crooked, it does get annoying because my head is always slightly tilted to the right, so I have a bit of difficulty judging whether something is straight or not. I can think of one more thing, but I'm not sure if it counts and that's Gout, I know most people associate Gout with the elderly, but it can also be hereditary, which it is in my case, I can't really explain what Gout is (but I hate how it makes my feet swell if I eat chicken,because I love KFC), so I'm afraid you'd have to look it up.

interesting, a doctor told me that everyone of us have scoliosis, at least in a very very minor degree, no one's spine is perfect.

Anyway my spine is like the Flash symbol below the back of my neck, due that I cannot carry stuff with the arms extended.

I thought of this topic after thinking how weird it is how I can't smell...at all, and have never been able to. So, yeah. I guess anything out of the ordinary counts, physical impairments (if you so desire to share them), or just simply other mutations, like missing a sense, having two different color eyes, or anything like that.

So....I can't smell. Period. Never been able to. Apparently it's called congenital anosmia.

I lack in depth perception too. I first noticed this at work, where we have to put books on shelves at times, and sometimes we have to judge how much more to post until we fill up the shelf. Well....I can't do that. I just have no judgement of space. Goes for anything where I need to eyeball measure something.

I....think this is one, but I'm not sure if this isn't just making up for not being able to smell. Apparently I can "taste" smells, but only really strong ones...I think. First noticed this when I was cleaning someting with rubbing alcohol at work...I got this feeling like I imagine what it would be like to smell it, but I didn't do anything with my nose, so I know it wasn't that. It wore off after a few seconds, but it was pretty odd.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm safe posting this here, everyone seemed very supportive of my last...ahem...personal...post, so I don't see why this would be any different.

Oh wow, anosmia, like Michael Hutchence.

Sad to hear that, I have respiratory problems but I can smell, only through one nasal cavity, the another one is always blocked.

Hmm, does "constant ringing in my ears" count as a physical abnormality? Also, I think it's a pretty common occurrence, so I don't know how it is abnormal. But yes, I have this constant ringing in my ears, I think it's called tinnitus, it's not that bad as it sounds as my type of ringing isn't prevailing over other sounds in the room, most of the time I hardly notice it, but at night when everything is quiet it's hard to ignore, so I usually sleep with music playing, cause it's harder for me to sleep without it.

Also yeah, I wear glasses since I was 5 years old. Interesting fact, I've never been bullies because of my glasses ... I've been bullied cause of other things, ugh :D

Edited by QuinlanLJ

My brain is wired weird.

My eyes supposedly change around blue grey and green

Girls want my eyelashes and I don't know how many times in my life I've had to say I don't use eyelash stuff they are just long and thick

I would have a mono brow but it's the only thing I brother keeping under control and have to pluck or shave it urgh

• 6 months later...

Central Heterochromia. I never knew what it was called until today (I blame learning it on not being able to sleep.) My iris on both eyes are two different colors: goldish and blue.

The colors are messed up on the picture, but you can get the general idea

ujcHMyW.jpg

Edited by kuuhaku

So....I can't smell. Period. Never been able to. Apparently it's called congenital anosmia.

Misread this as "I can smell period" and I was just thinking "Dude.. that is fucking disgusting how the hell is that a physical mutati- ohhhh...."

Well I don't think I have any, my jaw is pretty fucked up but other than that my body is fairly normal. Oh I have a silver hair sprouting out of my head, its not grey, its super shiny and it just keeps growing back longer each time I cut it. pretty cool eh?

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 12/29/2012 at 0:33 AM, Lady Lilith said:

"Momma i can't smell nothing." "you can't smell? lord you gone smell blind." sorry not poking fun just popped in my head when i read that.

as for me i have whats called hammer toe. its where my pinky toes tuck under the toe next to them a bit. doesn't hurt but actually causes excess skin like a callous to grow on the bottoms of my pinky toes. i use nail clippers to trim the excess skin off.