Does anyone have any physical abnormalities/mutations?

Lady Lilith

On 12/29/2012 at 11:04 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If you think that's weird. I write right-handed but I am physically dominant with my left-hand (I throw left-handed, bowl left-handed, play drums like a lefty on rockband etc). If you think that's confusing then hold on. I am also left-footed in all sports. However I bat/golf like a right-handed player. I hold on to a wii controller with my left hand but I hold forks and spoons with my right hand. :blah:

In other words, if either of my hands/arms were amputated, I'd be screwed!

Nothing weird about that. While I am right handed and right footed, I write, pour drinks, and use forks/spoons with my left hand. Playing a gun game such as Time Crisis 5, I hold the gun left-handed while using my right foot on the pedals (TC5 has two pedals, unlike the other TC games). I'll hold a Wii controller right handed unless I'm playing Ghost Squad (for that I mount it in a gun shell and hold it left-handed similarly to TC5 above).

I did try to bowl left-handed once and failed terribly... after 2 straight gutters I switched back to right-handed.

16 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Nothing weird about that. While I am right handed and right footed, I write, pour drinks, and use forks/spoons with my left hand. Playing a gun game such as Time Crisis 5, I hold the gun left-handed while using my right foot on the pedals (TC5 has two pedals, unlike the other TC games). I'll hold a Wii controller right handed unless I'm playing Ghost Squad (for that I mount it in a gun shell and hold it left-handed similarly to TC5 above).

I did try to bowl left-handed once and failed terribly... after 2 straight gutters I switched back to right-handed.

Lefties in general are kind of rare, but I've yet to meet someone else who writes with their right, but is physically dominant with their left.

But welcome to the weird semi-ambidextrous club I guess? Haha! xD Definitely is interesting to read to say the least.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I learnt the other day i can control my tensor tympani.

Its a muscle in the ear and i can make it vibrate which causes a loud rumbling that blocks out pretty much most sounds.

Apparently its an evolution thing that is incredibly rare :P

Ive always been able to do it but thought it was normal until i saw a news story on it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have joint hypermobility (ultra flexible joints) and can 'rotate' my elbows and knees almost to the max, and when I do that it makes it look like my arms and legs are backwards. I used to do that all the time when I was a kid to scare my friends, and they'd freak out. 

Edit: I also wear glasses for myopia and astigmatism since I was a kid. 

Edited by flugurnarrr

2 hours ago, StewartBros said:

I have an excessive amount of body hair.  I'm talking Robin Williams levels of hair.

You'll never see me going swimming or being topless on the beach! 1f602.png

Robin Williams didn’t have that much hair later in life, but when he was young he had a lot more, I think mainly due to the time period (70s/80s).

If you’re rocking the hair metal style of hair, that’s awesome.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Robin Williams didn’t have that much hair later in life, but when he was young he had a lot more, I think mainly due to the time period (70s/80s).

If you’re rocking the hair metal style of hair, that’s awesome.

I did specify body hair, dude - body hair.

I don't have much hair left on my head, but there's more than enough elsewhere on my person. ?

5 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

Ever thought of waxing it and fashioning it in to some sort of wig?

Nah ?

It's only hair, after all - there are more important things in life to concern myself with than how much hair I do or do not have on my head.  If it all fell out overnight, I wouldn't give a toss.

16 hours ago, StewartBros said:

I have an excessive amount of body hair.  I'm talking Robin Williams levels of hair.

You'll never see me going swimming or being topless on the beach! 1f602.png

You can shave it or even better - wax it off or get an epilation device. You wouldn’t regret it! :)

On 5.11.2020 at 4:50 PM, SpacebarPIays said:

Its a muscle in the ear and i can make it vibrate which causes a loud rumbling that blocks out pretty much most sounds.

Ive always been able to do it but thought it was normal until i saw a news story on it.

Never thought of it as being incredibly rare. Yai I am special .. :D

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, SpacebarPIays said:

Oh my god same, I thought this was completely normal until I saw this comment. :o 

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing special, I have a few scars on my leg from surgery when I was 25. I used to skateboard but was always more into street, I did start practising vert eventually but I was never too comfortable with it. Anyway, one day I was practising getting more height and my board yeeted itself into another dimension which left me crashing into the ramp knee first. I shattered and dislocated my kneecap, and tore my achilles tendon when my leg twisted under my weight as I rolled down the ramp. I guess the tendon would've snapped anyway but I'm probably a good advertisement for why you should wear kneepads. 

I can also bend my thumbs backwards in half, if that makes any sense. I first noticed it when playing with the dual shock controller for the first time but I don't know if I was born with it, or if it's result of playing the shit out of Tony Hawks games. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2021 at 8:55 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

I can also bend my thumbs backwards in half, if that makes any sense. I first noticed it when playing with the dual shock controller for the first time but I don't know if I was born with it, or if it's result of playing the shit out of Tony Hawks games. 

I am curious does this reduce the pressure you can apply with your thumb. Or does this effect nothing?