Terraria - Item Duplication

markcavan

I discovered over the weekend (completely by accident) a item duplication method for Terraria while transferring my character and world saves from my PSVita to my daughter's PSVita.  This may have been seen before but as its not reported on this site I decided to create a topic for it here in the hope that its useful to at least some of you.

How it works is by using the fact that character and world saves have different cloud save slots and you can transfer items between them.  I have tested this on PSVita but would see no reason why it would not work on PS3/PS4 also.  So, here it is ...

1. Disable auto saving in settings (don't think this is needed but I have this disabled).
  2. Select the items you want to duplicate and place them in your characters inventory.  Save and exit.
  3. Upload the character to the cloud save within terraria (not the PS+ cloud save).
  4. Open a world, any world with a chest in it (don't use a safe, needs to be a chest).
  5. Place the items you want to duplication from your characters inventory into the chest.  Save and exit.
  6. Now, from the terraria 'Main Menu' delete your character (only your character, not the world).
  7. Completely exit the terraria game so any cache data is removed from memory.
  8. Launch Terraria and then download your character again from the terraria cloud save.
  9. Open your world with the character and now the items are present in your characters inventory AND your chest giving you double.

This could help significantly with 'A Knight in Shining Armors' which I already had before discovering this.  Anyhow, for myself I used this method to get loads of spear traps which is coming in very helpful when building my frost moon arena saving me loads of time gathering these from temples.

Edited by markcavan
  • Like 1