Cool Raiting on Stage 4

Can anybody tell me how to get the "remix edition" trophy, which asks you to find the secrets in all levels. I held the up-button down on the D-Pad during all 6 levels in both level select and the main game playthrough, didn't unlock. Anybody know what I did wrong? Thanks!

This one is a pain in the ass, I have cool ratings on every level but this one, would be a very easy plat if it wasn't for this damn trophy 

I keep freestyling and following the video, but every time it just fails me and I passed every other song by doing the same method what am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

This song is giving me troubles as well. I can only really do the parts where it's one button, because you can outright close your eyes and just listen to the lines and it's perfect then.

But toss in extra buttons and you fuck it all up trying to time it all right and push the right  buttons. [at least I do]

• Like 1

jesus christ stage 4 is a hot mess.

I thought I finally clicked how the game works after getting good on the first 3 stages and making it into cool mode a few times, but I honestly feel like stage 4 is just an unfair/broken mess. i've seen videos where people press the buttons earlier than prompted, later than prompted and even in time. I made it to the end once or twice earlier, but haven't made it anywhere close in the past few hours of playing on and off.

• Like 3

Try watching my videos, i use the same pattern in all levels, and ensure the pattern i am doing only includes any buttons on the bar at the top lf the screen. It doesn't matter if the pattern is played with the buttons in that section, just so long as all buttons on screen are played at least once. 

My pattern is this: (Repeated through the whole song)

(*=press a button)

**3**6**1**4*6*8

The above is two bars of 8 beats, as in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and i hit a button on 1,2,4,5,7,8 on the first 8 bar, and on 2,3,5,7 on the second 8 bar. 

To put it another way, tap tap pause tap tap pause tap tap pause tap tap pause tap pause tap pause.

See my cool rating videos and you'll hear that pattern all the way through. 

Youtube channel TheMightyImp08 

https://youtu.be/Jkv6VAQ8vU4

Edited by TheMightyImp2
Video embedded, typos fixed
  • Like 4

Literally nothing is helping me beat the 4th song. I can barely even finish the song let alone on Good. Most frustrating shit ever. Particularly when I get a decent line and it's one of the worst timed nonsense fumbles ever, but the game gives it to me anywhere, meanwhile I hit the beat and the lines come out of Parappa's mouth as they should and you fail it. *flips table* Think I may just give up.

• Like 3

I can't even finish this dam song let alone try and pass it with a cool rating,,, This is way out of timing.
Most of part 4 is annoying but the third and second last lines of the song get me every time now matter what I do which then puts me below good.

EDIT: Took me song long to pass the song first time around but then get the cool rating on the very first try......

Edited by fisty123

On 7.4.2017 at 2:00 AM, TheMightyImp2 said:

Try watching my videos, i use the same pattern in all levels, and ensure the pattern i am doing only includes any buttons on the bar at the top lf the screen. It doesn't matter if the pattern is played with the buttons in that section, just so long as all buttons on screen are played at least once. 

My pattern is this: (Repeated through the whole song)

(*=press a button)

**3**6**1**4*6*8

The above is two bars of 8 beats, as in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and i hit a button on 1,2,4,5,7,8 on the first 8 bar, and on 2,3,5,7 on the second 8 bar. 

To put it another way, tap tap pause tap tap pause tap tap pause tap tap pause tap pause tap pause.

See my cool rating videos and you'll hear that pattern all the way through. 

Youtube channel TheMightyImp08 

https://youtu.be/Jkv6VAQ8vU4

You're my savior!

But what did the trick for me was adding another **3 to each set with a Button that wasn't on screen. 

• Like 2

I finally beat the level! Praise.

Huge tip, the vibration helps yes. But MUTE THE DAMN GAME ENTIRELY when you do it this way. The vibrations are loud as hell and it's far easier with less noise going on to focus on the timing of the vibrations and ignore the visual queue [still pretty hard to ignore the visual queues imo]. But I got it in two tries this way.

Now to get cool rating. heh... D:

• Like 1

why u no merge comment

how the hell does the saving work in this? I can't chapter select all the levels anymore, and the Cool icon keeps disappearing from levels. And now I have to beat Cheap Cheap yet again normally because I can't do the cool version at all. :/ And I beat it again, but the game froze and so I have to do it a third time normally. FML this game.

Edited by Elvick_

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm genuinely very, very pissed off with this level. I actually managed to get nearly all the way to the end of the song, with the cool rating. And right at the Very, VERY fucking end. Cheap Cheap pops back, and knocked me down to bad. Once I get the cool rating for this level, I don't think I'll ever listen to the stage 4 music again. Also I'll probably eat chicken with a burning hatred.

I finally managed to beat this level. And I think it's due to a minor discovery, regarding, getting the cool rating in the first place. Don't just tap :r1: or :l1:, at the end of the beat/freestyling. Especially if those are ones you have to push already. I found using button prompts, not on the little beat bar at the top, had a higher chance of letting me reach that coveted, 'Cool' rating. I had time to mellow out, from my pure rage induced earlier comment. Go into this with a positive attitude, that it can be done. Keep practising, getting the timing down, and don't get a cool rating, too early in the song. I found that was how I lost my cool rating twice. If possible, get it on Lesson 3 or 4.But if you have the chance, get it earlier, and just hope your freestyling is good enough for Cheap Cheap. 

Edited by James_Tonto