PSA: PLATINUM IS UNOBTAINABLE

Xylobe

It really is a pity. I remember back in 2013 when the studio was folding and the servers shut down before I got the trophy. They came back up briefly, thankfully, but now they're gone for good it deprives many of the opportunity for an enjoyable plat. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

It really is a pity. I remember back in 2013 when the studio was folding and the servers shut down before I got the trophy. They came back up briefly, thankfully, but now they're gone for good it deprives many of the opportunity for an enjoyable plat. 

There's still the PS4 version which doesn't have the online trophy, but yeah it sucks that I won't be able to stack it if I end up enjoying Deathinitive (at the moment though, it's failing to capture my attention in the way Darksiders 1 did and I'm not even sure why).

If you do play the PS4 version, I'd really suggest turning off the damage display (you know, the numbers that show up when you hit something). They really screwed up when they ported the game to PS4 (dunno about Xbox One or PC), and large crit numbers cause the game to crash.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

With all due respect, that's not a surprise while on a community about trophy hunting. :P

People value thier platinums.

Enough to list their platinum count on their future resumes?

I think people's obsessions with platinums is comical.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrDan71 said:

And that game is available for the PS4 and works properly. Whereas the PS3 version is no longer working as was intended. And opinion is only "truth" to whom it matters most. I get missing out on a great game for a trophy is sad, but again this IS a trophy site. Trophies matter to most of us and to tell us otherwise and to insult us as a result IS trolling.

Friend me, you're awesome! Haha

Seriously though, high five to you

20 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Enough to list their platinum count on their future resumes?

I brought up my platinum obsession in job interviews. I bring it up a lot with my students. They get a kick out of it.

It's no different from, say, collecting sports memorabilia (which I don't anymore) or comics (which I still do).

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

You can say something is a hobby, or something is for fun, but when you purposely avoid something because you can't get something specific out of it... that's just shitty.

I swear, you write the strangest things. I can't think of a better reason to avoid something than because I don't get what I want out of it. Again, that just seems like basic economics.

20 minutes ago, Nishikino Maki said:

Not playing something simply because 2 trophies are unobtainable IS shitty, especialky when every other trophy is and completion whores can still get 95% out of this game. A game which has top notch production, a badass and hilarious hero and a very funny dark sense of humor. Darksiders II is a spectacular experience, so not playing it because of two silly trophies is a poor attitude to have with gaming.

Gaming was made for the gamer, not the reverse.

• Like 2