What to do if you get hacked and trophies pop, screwing your list…

Gray-Fox-44

13 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

This is a good topic. Would you take it one stage further please. Could you add to the bottom a list of known games that have hacked lobbies and auto-popping occur.

From the recent disputes we know about Black Ops 2 and World at War but if there are other games that are going to cause this is there any way of knowing what they are?

I'm sure any CoD lobby could be used, but yes BO2/W@W are the most hacked. Henceforth, it's not worth my time in playing BO2 since plat is impossible, and because any lobby has the chance of being modded. 

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

This is a good topic. Would you take it one stage further please. Could you add to the bottom a list of known games that have hacked lobbies and auto-popping occur.

From the recent disputes we know about Black Ops 2 and World at War but if there are other games that are going to cause this is there any way of knowing what they are?

Good idea, although I couldn't gather much info about it. Apparently any CoD game, mainly World at Wow and BO2, then according to some disputes Red Dead Redemption and Warhawk should be listed too.

I'll add this to the OP ;) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Well for Dark Souls, its usually when on co-op when your allies drop gear that has been "hacked" per se and you pick it up. Usually you won't know if its hack or not and by the time you find out it can be too late as bandai and Fromsoft can ban your account. 

With the call of duty games (this is from personal experience with MW2, MW3 and BLOPS1 though this is purely multiplayer and not zombies or co op modes and I've gained no trophies from hack lobbies) weird shit starts popping up on screen; like random ass codes popping on screen and gaining massive EXP and other stuff on separate occasions. 

With GTA5 on PS3 (also personal experience), it was super annoying because one of the players would teleport everyone to the said player then everyone but the player who did the hack is instantly killed.

(BTW I know you were asking this in relation to the trophies but I just wanted to share my personal experiences)  

Ah that's interesting! This is a specific thing though right? Some people are saying that someone started playing a game on their account. That's something else?

What you mention is based around joining a match in a specific game and it causing issues, so something you aren't responsible for. But other people seem to be saying that they find activity has occurred on their PS account, which is something else entirely. Am I understanding that correctly? it it can be broken down into:

• Person joins game server that is running exploits causing trophies to pop incorrectly as a result and then generating PSN Profile flagging.
  • Person logs into their PS account to find someone else has accessed it and played games on their account causing the flagging.

That's good to know if it's just those two games that can lead to you being flagged.

I know Red Dead Redemption has been in a mess for years and once repaired gets hacked again. As far as I know there's nothing that can lead to you getting flagged although if the level 50 glitch is still there it could raise a few eyebrows if you did this early on.

I also remember Dead Island multiplayer being hacked with insanely good weapons that meant you could breeze through it, I don't think there's anything there though that could lead to flagging.

It would be good to have a list of games that are hacked and which modes (so you can avoid them), also whether the hacks can lead to the game being flagged on your profile. I'm not sure of the extent of hacking on multiplayer games and whether this needs a separate thread on its own.

Well to avoid people playing on your account, just change your password every so often for your PSN/SEN account and PSNprofiles account as well as your email. Also, don't give out sensitive information to people you don't trust/people on the internet.

24 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Well to avoid people playing on your account, just change your password every so often for your PSN/SEN account and PSNprofiles account as well as your email. Also, don't give out sensitive information to people you don't trust/people on the internet.

Use two factor authentication. It's better than regularly changing your password by miles. 

Awesome post! ?. I never knew about this at all :P. However I think this thread should be pinned and moved somewhere where disputes are made. 

I would keep this method in my mind whenever I get Grand Theft Auto IV (there are also hackers??) and play MP. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Use two factor authentication. It's better than regularly changing your password by miles. 

This. Two steps verification will stop the problem. There are videos showing how to activate it ;)

4 hours ago, ee28max said:

Awesome post! ?. I never knew about this at all :P. However I think this thread should be pinned and moved somewhere where disputes are made. 

I would keep this method in my mind whenever I get Grand Theft Auto IV (there are also hackers??) and play MP. 

Thanks! As for your GTA IV, I've read that you can boost all the online trophies in a private match. So go for it and use the boosting sessions in the site!! :)

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

LBP 2 has hacked lobbies I believe. 

Added to the list! Thanks for your contribution!

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

LBP 2 has hacked lobbies I believe. 

No shit?! So some people have hacked pods? How do you find them? I still have to finish that damn 24 hours in Create trophy, but if I could be invited into someones pod and pop the trophy without doing the last 9 hours I need to do, I would gladly do so at this point.

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No shit?! So some people have hacked pods? How do you find them? I still have to finish that damn 24 hours in Create trophy, but if I could be invited into someones pod and pop the trophy without doing the last 9 hours I need to do, I would gladly do so at this point.

Be careful my friend, your about to enter a perilous street leading to the dark side... xD and there's no going back :P I suggest that you finish legitimately what you have legitimately started. There's no joy in getting a reward for something hacked ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Ask Super Fly Spider Guy or whatever his name is at this point. I believe he was originally Stoodgebag or something. He's been flagged for years because it happened to him. Not sure if it pops everything or just the online stuff. 

Also, that trophy is the reason I stopped working on LBP2. I've done all the single player stuff. I just need the create and online stuff, which I don't really want to do. Seemed like a huge waste to do 24 hrs in create so I just cut my losses and walked away. 

Edited by Hemiak

This is great thanks for putting this together. I have a question. I sync with the cloud every single time I turn off my console at the end of the day so my saves and trophies are never more than a day old. Could I skip the USB step and go straight to deleting my profile and then just download my saves from the cloud? Obviously I'd lose any progress that day but would that still work in getting rid of the hacked trophies if this happened to me?

31 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

This is great thanks for putting this together. I have a question. I sync with the cloud every single time I turn off my console at the end of the day so my saves and trophies are never more than a day old. Could I skip the USB step and go straight to deleting my profile and then just download my saves from the cloud? Obviously I'd lose any progress that day but would that still work in getting rid of the hacked trophies if this happened to me?

Thanks, I'm glad you found it helpful! Yes, that should be enough ;) Hopefully, you'll never have to find out :)

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Ask Super Fly Spider Guy or whatever his name is at this point. I believe he was originally Stoodgebag or something. He's been flagged for years because it happened to him. Not sure if it pops everything or just the online stuff. 

He was flagged because he save shared with himself, not from a hacked pod. My hopes are dashed. ?

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Steps to take:

Step 1.  Stop caring about leaderboards.

Step 2.  Enjoy games. 

Although I get your point, one think doesn't nullify the other. I don't care about leaderboards, and I enjoy games. But I also like the feature of getting trophies and thus I don't want someone else to get them for me ;)

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, DARKB1KE said:

Steps to take:

Step 1.  Stop caring about leaderboards.

Step 2.  Enjoy games. 

You're missing the point of the thread. As a casual gamer I have no interest in being ranked x in the world, I do care about being labelled a cheater.

The games listed in this thread are games that you can be playing normally and have trophies pop just by playing in hacked lobbies. It can be completely innocent but being labelled a cheater suddenly calls into question who you are as a gamer and whether you've cheated any other game.

The solution posted by the OP gives you step by step tips on how to prevent this happening.

Of course if I couldn't care less about trophies then I would take your stance but then again I wouldn't be on this thread in the first place.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4.4.2017 at 10:56 PM, Gray-Fox-44 said:

List of games with known hacked lobbies that make trophies pop:

- Call of Duty (mainly BO2 and WaW)

- Red Dead Redemption

- Warhawk

- GTA IV

- LBP2 (apparently)

-Dark Souls (althought it's not clear for me if the hacking pops trophies or only in-game stuff)

I personally think in a list we shouldn't use abbreviations. The person writing this just saves a few moments while people who don't know what "LBP2" or "BO2" etc. stands for have to search for the meaning of this.

5 hours ago, Balosar said:

I personally think in a list we shouldn't use abbreviations. The person writing this just saves a few moments while people who don't know what "LBP2" or "BO2" etc. stands for have to search for the meaning of this.

Fair enough. The OP has been edited accordingly ;)