What to do if you get hacked and trophies pop, screwing your list…

Gray-Fox-44

On 2017-5-17 at 0:09 PM, mekktor said:

maybe your wording could have been a bit better when you said that having your trophies hacked "is not an excuse". I think it is a perfectly valid excuse for the situation they find themselves in, just not one accepted by this site. But apart from that I didn't see your post as blaming anyone.

I took advice from your positive feedback and modified my wording so that it doesn't lead to misunderstanding ;)
This is how it looks like now:
I DO BELIEVE that it’s not your fault, but the site’s rules are clear, and there is no way to prove that you didn´t do it on purpose. Therefore, “there was a hacker” IS NOT an excuse IN THIS SITE to get a flag removed. "

:)

• Like 1

OK, I'm about to delve into uncharted waters here...I may have messed up the steps laid out in the first post of this thread so will do some testing in a few hours to see how easily hacked trophies can be avoided in gta iv...either I will have footage on how to avoid these kinds of trophies or how difficult it is to avoid them...anyone is welcome to join who has the game...will start at 22:00 est tonight...all I got for now...

3 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

OK, I'm about to delve into uncharted waters here...I may have messed up the steps laid out in the first post of this thread so will do some testing in a few hours to see how easily hacked trophies can be avoided in gta iv...either I will have footage on how to avoid these kinds of trophies or how difficult it is to avoid them...anyone is welcome to join who has the game...will start at 22:00 est tonight...all I got for now...

That's really nice of you :) I don't have the game, so I can't try this with you though.
Did you see the "enhanced" steps that I quoted you in?

I know this is going to be taboo but think we might have grounds for whitelisting this game if really unavoidable...the funny thing is I don't really care about trophies and stuff but I like testing things like this so a fun challenge...I'll create several accounts and try different things if needed...and yes, record it all...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

Do you think this could happen on ps4 ? i remember when WWE 2K16 was released there were online trophies for ranking up, and when you win or play a match they all pop all together, now if that happened on ps3 you will be flagged on the spot, and let's say this happened on ps4 you won't be able to do that method maybe ?

4 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Do you think this could happen on ps4 ? i remember when WWE 2K16 was released there were online trophies for ranking up, and when you win or play a match they all pop all together, now if that happened on ps3 you will be flagged on the spot, and let's say this happened on ps4 you won't be able to do that method maybe ?

There are games in which known glitches or exploits let you pop several trophies at the same time. The thing with those games is that, since the glitches are commonly known and shared, those trophies are "whitelisted." That is to say, the trophies are legit, since you didn't use a mod or a savefile or any other hacking method. Anyways, I don't know if I'm making myself clear with this explanation :facepalm:

ok...i have just done a $hit load of tests on how this all works for gta iv...the results...the steps you laid out are fine...i unlocked cut your teeth and wanted several times with a variety of combinations...i tried simply just signing out with the xmb > psn > account management > triangle > sign out as well as unplugging the lan cable as soon as the trophies dinged and combined with your latest suggestions worked just fine for both situations...this means that it could also be safe for wifi users as well...as far as being able to avoid "hacked" trophies in gta iv it is entirely possible...not only will you have until the end of the match to be able to leave the game but also performing the steps in your post should you acquire the modded ca$h before being able to do so....

i also discovered that the data on the save file does not carry over unless, and this is gta specific and not entirely sure how it works, you see the rank 10 star upon loading up your old data and entering a multiplayer match...sometimes it carried over with the save file and sometimes it did not...i could look more into why but i think it is related to the latest patch needing a 2nd match to officially ding the trophy...if i continued to play on a carried over save my multiplayer stat would show me as rank 10 the second time around whereas i was still at rank 0 on a clean save despite having earned a gazillion $s...i could be wrong though...just a hypothesis...

for trophies syncing on their own...is it possible that just loading up a game will sync trophies to the server if online?...i earned off the boat, quit the game, and reloaded the game (all of the time connected to psn) and it was stuck on my profile after quitting the game again and completing the "cleansing" of the user...i have everything recorded and if anyone is either interested or really, reallyreally, REALLY,  f**king bored would be happy to submit it as evidence...

i apologize for casting doubt and have no idea what i messed up the other day that had them stick to my profile...i guess my punishment is going through all the trouble of sorting this out...i'm glad i decided to test it all out again though and would be really curious as to where i went wrong the first time around...thanks for your patience and replies...now at least we can say "i know a guy who got rid of his hacked trophies this way", aye?...haha...

edit: forgot to say on ps3 after you create the same user again, all you need are the email, password, (and remember the date of birth you used, that $hit is glitchy)...for some reason after creating the user my password would not work...i had to go on forgot password? and change it through a link emailed to me...the verification then becomes the date of birth you used...just a heads up...

Edited by ProfBambam55
added edit...
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

ok...i have just done a $hit load of tests on how this all works for gta iv...the results...the steps you laid out are fine...i unlocked cut your teeth and wanted several times with a variety of combinations...i tried simply just signing out with the xmb > psn > account management > triangle > sign out as well as unplugging the lan cable as soon as the trophies dinged and combined with your latest suggestions worked just fine for both situations...this means that it could also be safe for wifi users as well...as far as being able to avoid "hacked" trophies in gta iv it is entirely possible...not only will you have until the end of the match to be able to leave the game but also performing the steps in your post should you acquire the modded ca$h before being able to do so....

I'm really glad that you could prove the steps to be useful :) Thanks for getting into such trouble, although I totally understand your passion for testing as you have previously said ;)

for trophies syncing on their own...is it possible that just loading up a game will sync trophies to the server if online?...i earned off the boat, quit the game, and reloaded the game (all of the time connected to psn) and it was stuck on my profile after quitting the game again and completing the "cleansing" of the user...i have everything recorded and if anyone is either interested or really, reallyreally, REALLY,  f**king bored would be happy to submit it as evidence...

As far as I know, there are games that automatically sync your trophies each time you load the game. I can't be sure about this thing happening while being offliine though... I'll try to find related info.

I'm sure your videos would hit the gazillion views ;)

i apologize for casting doubt and have no idea what i messed up the other day that had them stick to my profile...i guess my punishment is going through all the trouble of sorting this out...i'm glad i decided to test it all out again though and would be really curious as to where i went wrong the first time around...thanks for your patience and replies...now at least we can say "i know a guy who got rid of his hacked trophies this way", aye?...haha...

There is not need for you to apologize, at least you kept on trying and didn't leave it just as a negative comment. You really committed to the topic and I am thankful to you for doing so.

As for your punishment, I guess that leaving a reputation point in the OP would be enough ;)

Haha...I think I have over 2 hours of footage of myself rambling on so will consider editing to at least show the steps you have laid out...I think you might want to put emphasis on something like  "follow these steps carefully as you will have a limited opportunity to remove illegitimate trophies from your list...any deviation from these guidelines might leave you in a situation where the only solution to remove them will be to either hide the trophies on your profile (with a link on how to hide) or to start a brand new psn account" or a disclaimer of some sort...all I got...

Edit: i would also try to take "I" statements out of the op if possible since this may become an official post somewhat representing the site...makes it more informative, formal, and impersonal...

Edited by ProfBambam55
Added edit...

4 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

Haha...I think I have over 2 hours of footage of myself rambling on so will consider editing to at least show the steps you have laid out...I think you might want to put emphasis on something like  "follow these steps carefully as you will have a limited opportunity to remove illegitimate trophies from your list...any deviation from these guidelines might leave you in a situation where the only solution to remove them will be to either hide the trophies on your profile (with a link on how to hide) or to start a brand new psn account" or a disclaimer of some sort...all I got...

Edit: i would also try to take "I" statements out of the op if possible since this may become an official post somewhat representing the site...makes it more informative, formal, and impersonal...

Wow, those were loads of reputation points :giggle: Thanks ;)

As for your suggestion, I will take some time to formalize my thread a little bit. Becoming an official post :eyebrow: That could be innteresting :awesome:

On 4 April 2017 at 9:56 PM, Gray-Fox-44 said:

I thought that it could be a good idea to make a post where people learn about this, simply because we got this new “dispute your flagged games” feature and I’ve seen many people claiming that “I was playing an online match and a hacker in the lobby made my trophies pop, it’s not my fault, please remove my flag.” Now… I DO BELIEVE that it’s not your fault, but the site’s rules are clear, and there is no way to prove that you didn´t do it on purpose. Therefore, “there was a hacker” IS NOT an excuse IN THIS SITE to get a flag removed. Piece of advice: If you see the trophies popping up on screen, then you are at least aware of the situation, so set the trophy’s notifications TO SHOW UP ON SCREEN.

Let’s begin… If this ever happens to you, DO NOT SYNC YOUR TROPHIES. Why? Because once your trophy list is synchronized you won’t be able to delete the trophies from the PSN server.

Ok now, what do I do then if a filthy hacker pops my trophies against my will? Well, the best thing to do is ending the match as soon as possible and going offline. Then MAKE A BACKUP of your SAVE FILES using a USB Storage Devise (Pendrive, external HHD, whatever). Why? Because deleting your account also deletes your save files.

Then you should DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT. Why? It’s actually simple. Your PS3/PS4 keeps an internal record of your trophies and if you delete your account, those illegitimately earned trophies will disappear in thin air :D

Afterwards you’ll want to create your account once again (with your username, email, password, etc.) and sync your trophies. Why? Because the PSN server keeps a record of each one of your synchronized trophies. Therefore, your list will be back to the way it was THE LAST TIME YOU SYNCHRONIZED IT.

Now an easy step-by-step:

1. Trophies start popping on the screen. You are playing an online match and a hacker tries to ruin your gaming life… (Remember to have your trophy’s notifications set to SHOW UP ON SCREEN or else you won’t notice!)

2.a. Hurry up and go offline. Don’t even take the trouble of ending the match, just hurry up and go offline! :giggle: Then exit the game.

2.b. Check your updated trophy list in a PSN trophy-tracking site (e.g. PSNProfiles) to see whether your trophies were auto-synched or not. But for the life of you DON'T SYNC YOUR PSN ACCOUNT IN YOUR CONSOLE. If they are in your updated profile, then you can't remove them so there is no point in going further into the next steps. If they are not there you are good to go, so proceed to step 3.

3. Make a backup of all your SAVE FILES using a USB Pendrive. (Don't use the PS+ online storage cloud)

4. Delete your user profile:

On a PS3: Go to the far left on the XMB -> Highlight your hacked account’s username -> Press triangle -> Delete -> Confirm -> Done!

On a PS4: Settings -> Initialization -> Delete user -> Select your hacked account’s username -> Confirm -> Done!

5. Create your account again, using your ID, username, password, etc.

5.b - Optional - Check your trophy list before logging in. That will show that the hacked trophies are not in your system, since there should be zero trophies there at this step.

6. Log in to PlayStation Network.

7. Sync your trophies.

8. ENJOY YOUR CLEANSED TROPHY LIST B)

Throwback: If you don’t sync your list often you might end up losing more trophies than only those that popped due to the hacker, because PSN servers keep record of your SYNCHRONIZED DATA.
Solution: Sync your legitimately earned trophies often!!

I hope this helps all those honest players that care about their gaming and don’t want a stained profile on their backs! :wave:

Side note: Using PS+ online storage cloud might result in an accidental sync of your trophies, so don't risk it and use a USB device! Thanks to @mking_63 for pointing this out and to @Saionji for providing an answer to it.

List of games with known hacked lobbies that make trophies pop:

- Call of Duty (mainly Black Ops 2 and Wold at War)

- Red Dead Redemption

- Warhawk

- Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA)

- Little Big Planet 2 (apparently)

-Dark Souls - The hack in this game doesn't pop trophies per se. I works as follows: it's mainly with players dropping hacked equipment pieces (which can relate to the relevant trophies) with the 'victim' per se picking them up without knowing (Thanks to @wackt1 for sharing this info)

Any confirmation on whether this list of games is correct or incorrect is welcomed. I'm not a frequent online player and I'm having a hard time finding info about this on the internet, but so far this is the list. The Flagged Games Dispute threads was mainly my source for this. If you know of any other games with trophies popping due to online hackers please leave a comment and those games will be added to the list. I'm sure that many honest players here will appreciate it. :) 

What is flagged mate? I hate hackers and have no time in them what so ever so I don't understand how they do it, what they do or how they even hack stuff, also if u hack a game don't u get removed from the leaderboards straight away?

1 hour ago, afc-razor-84 said:

What is flagged mate? I hate hackers and have no time in them what so ever so I don't understand how they do it, what they do or how they even hack stuff, also if u hack a game don't u get removed from the leaderboards straight away?

Hi! If people notice a suspicios trophy list in someone's profile, they can report it. That gives the trophy list in the suspicious profile a 'Flag.' After that, the 'Flagged' user has to prove (if interested in doing so) that he/she earned those trophies legitimately for the site's staff to remove that 'flag' from their profiles.

Only when a user's trophy list is flag will he be removed from the leaderboards. That is to say, is a hacker unlocks trophies in his profile and no one notices, he will be in the leaderboard even though the trophies are hacked. That is why people go around reporting (flagging) suspicious profiles ;)

52 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

It is not possible to do this if you are playing with PS Now. While playing a game with PS Now, it syncs your trophies as soon as you earn them.

This is useful information. I'll add this to the OP, and give you credit for it. All the same, confirmation on this from other users would be appreciated since I don't use PS Now and therefore can't check this myself. Not that I don't trust you! It's just for the sake of double checking ;)

Thanks for your contribution!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

This is useful information. I'll add this to the OP, and give you credit for it. All the same, confirmation on this from other users would be appreciated since I don't use PS Now and therefore can't check this myself. Not that I don't trust you! It's just for the sake of double checking ;)

There's a possibility that it's changed as I haven't used PS Now since 2015. At the time, I was playing a game and hadn't looked at the trophy list or synced but the earned trophies could be seen here. I don't think it's likely that they've changed it though.

1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I would like to also ask out of curiosity do you know if any of the games in the list are also on ps now?...

Red Dead Redemption and Warhawk are both available in the US region. Source

17 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Hi! If people notice a suspicios trophy list in someone's profile, they can report it. That gives the trophy list in the suspicious profile a 'Flag.' After that, the 'Flagged' user has to prove (if interested in doing so) that he/she earned those trophies legitimately for the site's staff to remove that 'flag' from their profiles.

Only when a user's trophy list is flag will he be removed from the leaderboards. That is to say, is a hacker unlocks trophies in his profile and no one notices, he will be in the leaderboard even though the trophies are hacked. That is why people go around reporting (flagging) suspicious profiles ;)

Thanks for your contribution!!

Thanks grey fox for clearing this up. Damn hackers I don't understand why they do it it's pointless. 

On 22/5/2017 at 11:52 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

wow...completely ignored...kind of sad...

Did I miss anything? I'm sorry if I ignored you somehow, it wasn't on purpose.

5 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

was an error on my part....sorry for bothering...

same here...

6 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

I got a notification that I was mentioned here. Was it in this post? I haven't been on since you made the post and then edited it.

I mentioned you in the OP ;)

As I said a couple of days ago, I'm kind of busy lately. The most I'm doing in the forums is checking word games in game forums.

Sorry that it has to be this way, that is why I just leave "reputations" instead of answering to all the replies. Between my jobs and college it's been a mess for me and my cellphone isn't great for this kind of editing. But I will be here on Saturday as last weekend. Trust me I'll check everything then!

• 1 month later...