What to do if you get hacked and trophies pop, screwing your list…

Gray-Fox-44

Can i use this method for Twisted Metal? The servers are shutting down this month, and i am planning to do Twisted Metal. I put the ''auto sync off'' on the PS3 from PS Plus and trophy collection to ''offline mode.'' My plan is to get all the MP trophies and than sync it to the server. So if something happens with the server and it shuts down early i can delete myself.

But i don't know once i boost online the trophies might get synced to the server. I know it has nothing to do with these games: Black Ops 2, GTA 5, World At War from this thread.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

31 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Can i use this method for Twisted Metal? The servers are shutting down this month, and i am planning to do Twisted Metal. I put the ''auto sync off'' on the PS3 from PS Plus and trophy collection to ''offline mode.'' My plan is to get all the MP trophies and than sync it to the server. So if something happens with the server and it shuts down early i can delete myself.

But i don't know once i boost online the trophies might get synced to the server. I know it has nothing to do with these games: Black Ops 2, GTA 5, World At War from this thread.

That works fine, but make sure you’re signed out when starting the game and only ever sign in when prompted to in the game. If you start up the game signed in then it’ll sync, regardless of whether you’re in offline mode. You’ll be signing in and out a lot doing this since you need to change the clock 30 times, so best not to forget. It was fun watching @Sergen‘s name non stop in the corner of my screen.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

It all seems too simple, but what do you do with save files that DON'T ALLOW to be transferred to a flash drive/USB, and can only be backed up in the PS+ Cloud? They are lost forever.

EDIT: I just saw this question being asked previously. And the answer is that those saves are forever lost.

Yes, I see myself out...

Edited by Ghanupher
Question being answered previously
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

What happened to "innocent until proven guilty?" If person A could hack trophies on person B's account, then just looking at a questionable timestamp alone isn't enough to prove person B knowingly and intentionally hacked.

I wonder how such things would be handled in a courtroom...

Edited by me_is_caveman

• 4 weeks later...

This is kinda funny, I haven’t synced any of the list off my ps3’s since 2008 ? god would only hope those console still work with data intact when I finally can access the consoles again. I can taste the trip to the dispute or ban hammer already. If that happens not to be the case I’ll rejoice in confusion.

Also don’t mind me I’m just a weirdo trying to amuse somebody, but on serious note I actually haven’t .... ?

On 13/08/2019 at 5:54 AM, me_is_caveman said:

What happened to "innocent until proven guilty?" If person A could hack trophies on person B's account, then just looking at a questionable timestamp alone isn't enough to prove person B knowingly and intentionally hacked.

I wonder how such things would be handled in a courtroom...

Court rooms are usually pay to win, as for jury’s they can be unfair as a lot of the time dragging people away from there lives isn’t the best way to get a fair trial as people then to get annoyed and just judge on how bad the accused is made to look even if innocent. Though in this cause the evidence is clear and if you know about it you should just hide it before it’s seen as there usually isn’t a way to fix it legitimately, I can think of one way that could work but wouldn’t work for online titles even if it did overwrite them

• 1 month later...

i dont know if this is the right place to ask but yesterday i was playing through mgs peace walker and got about 55% of the trophies synced them up and went to bed, when i got back and logged on i went into the game to load my data i noticed that i started to unlock trophies like "finish chapter 1" or "unlock stealth camo" (all of them i had already unlocked) which all have the same timestamp and date. Also ALL of the trophies were locked and reset to 0% never had this happen before is there a fix? i dont want to sync while having this bug active. What would be the best COA?

• 1 month later...

if you have a console using a Ethernet cable and it's on a desk right next to you just pull the cable out like you'd do if you where playing dark souls and didn't wanna deal with invaders. After that delete you account and create it again, and if you have a CFW that's on rebug or DEX converted and not telling anyone because you know its frowned upon, head over to the trophy menu and press triangle to see a option to delete trophy from the ruined list. But since no one can be trusted to do the right thing with that kind of freedom no one would believe it was legit anyways ? moral of the story, don't go near modded things if you wanna be on a legit leaderboard in order to avoid being accused of cheating.

But lucky for everyone the moderators are pretty lax and give plenty of warning.

On 10/12/2019 at 7:29 AM, robby9918 said:

i dont know if this is the right place to ask but yesterday i was playing through mgs peace walker and got about 55% of the trophies synced them up and went to bed, when i got back and logged on i went into the game to load my data i noticed that i started to unlock trophies like "finish chapter 1" or "unlock stealth camo" (all of them i had already unlocked) which all have the same timestamp and date. Also ALL of the trophies were locked and reset to 0% never had this happen before is there a fix? i dont want to sync while having this bug active. What would be the best COA?

if it was on ps3 and you said you had progress then when you synced it was 0% I'd say you where using a cfw with fake save data turned on and not a glitch at all.

Edited by Pozri

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just want to thank the OP for posting this - I had to resort to this today, not because of hackers or anything like that, but because I was playing LittleBigPlanet 2 and messing about in the tutorial section. Next thing I know a trophy from the Move DLC pack unlocked for completing all the Move tutorials, and as I do not own a Move I did not want to unlock anything in this DLC :facepalm: 

Anyway, 5hrs later it looks like I've successfully removed the trophy from my profile, but honestly it was a bit of a nightmare having to restore all my save files and then having to go through my entire download history to restore each of my licences for all my games, themes, DLC, etc. I think it's finally back to how it was, but I really hope nothing is messed up now because of it.

One thing though - my user profile is now at the bottom of the list (it was originally at the very top). Is there any way to change the order of users so I can put mine back at the top? I couldn't see a way to do it so I'm thinking I might be out of luck on that front, but maybe someone here knows a way? Aside of course from deleting all other users?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Just want to thank the OP for posting this - I had to resort to this today, not because of hackers or anything like that, but because I was playing LittleBigPlanet 2 and messing about in the tutorial section. Next thing I know a trophy from the Move DLC pack unlocked for completing all the Move tutorials, and as I do not own a Move I did not want to unlock anything in this DLC :facepalm: 

Anyway, 5hrs later it looks like I've successfully removed the trophy from my profile, but honestly it was a bit of a nightmare having to restore all my save files and then having to go through my entire download history to restore each of my licences for all my games, themes, DLC, etc. I think it's finally back to how it was, but I really hope nothing is messed up now because of it.

One thing though - my user profile is now at the bottom of the list (it was originally at the very top). Is there any way to change the order of users so I can put mine back at the top? I couldn't see a way to do it so I'm thinking I might be out of luck on that front, but maybe someone here knows a way? Aside of course from deleting all other users?

I am really glad this method worked for you :)

As for your question at the end, I have no idea how to solve that, but I will try to look into it.

• 1 year later...