Cross Controller Help...

ShadowGandalf

I bought my Vita just today. I want to cross control with LBP2 to get the new trophies.

I downloaded the new LBP2 patch (took over 2 and a half hours)

I bought the DLC pack

I linked my Vita and PS3 via remote play (using internet, not private network)

I try to connect them with cross controller but it won't work. They won't connect.

LBP2 on the PS3 tells me to download the lbp2 cross control software onto the Vita,

My Vita tells me to start software that supports cross control on the ps3. I have the ps3 sitting there waiting to hear the vita has the software, and the vita sitting there waiting to hear from that the ps3 has software activated.

BUT THEY WON'T CONNECT!!

I need help. Otherwise, I have dlc that I can't use.

UPDATE... I've used this guide

https://getsatisfaction.com/littlebigplanet/topics/littlebigplanet_2_cross_controller_pack_installation_guide?page=1

But step 7 is where it stops.... that's where it refuses to go any further

Edited by ShadowGandalf

Yeah, the download is around 460 MB from what I remember. Puts a new icon on your home screen for LBP2 cross connect rather than using the CC button in Remote Play. I'm also not sure about connecting them via the internet... why wouldn't you just use the direct connection via bluetooth?

I just try and it work fine.

I am pretty sure you forgot to download Cross Controller software from your Download list

http://tinypic.com/v...?pic=5kj0pe&s=6

still having no luck. Got my new memory card, but i get to the same point and no download.

My PS3 screen says "Start Littlebigplanet Cross Controller on the PS Vita system ... If you have not yet installed it, go to remote play and select cross controller from the live area screen"

I do that and on my vita i get the message "On your PS3 system, start software that supports the cross controller feature"

that thing you told me to download won't install either. I'm pretty sure that's just a bonus costume pack for LBPVita anyway.

This is so frustrating. I spend £4 on a dlc pack and can't even use it....

Oh FINALLY!! It worked. I followed this advice from a Theo Thomas on this guide. https://getsatisfact...on_guide?page=1

The most found problem was not stated in the OP so here we go. If your Vita and PS3 are on the same network and you can't get them to see eachother, go onto your PS3's network settings and look at the 'Settings and Connection Status List' then go onto your Vita, get up the network settings on their, choose your network and go to advanced. From there go to IP address and change it from automatic to manual, input everything the same as it is on your PS3 (Default Router == Default Gateway) except the IP. Add an extra number to it, for example if the PS3 says 192.168.0.58 change the Vita to 192.168.0.59

Doing what he suggested here made it work. The app is downloading as I type. ...

*some time later*

grrr, it keeps losing connection to ps3 and restarting... highest its reached is 271mb

FINALLY!!! The app is downloaded and installed....

Edited by ShadowGandalf

It's probably just costume stuff, but why wouldn't you? It's 100kb.

Yay!

I won't because I have a situation with this.

My account is set to Bulgaria (accident), I can't find any Bulgarian PSN card, so I buy all my DLC and everything else from another account, but since I can only use one account on the Vita, I can't buy anything. I can't order any BG PSN card online either.