Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition trophy discussion

6 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I've never played the game so I don't know from experience.

The guide on playstationtrophies.com says 35 to 50 hours. That is for the plat. I imagine the PS4 version will take a bit longer were the dlc is added into the main list and is required for the plat now.

I guess we will have to wait and see when someone does manage to get the plat on PS4.

I don't think it'll take longer, considering the mp trophies to reach lvl 30, complete 50 team challenges, and get a score of 40,000 are now easier and less time consuming. The PS3 version's requirements are lvl 65, 200 team challenges, and 50,000 points. Especially those first 2 will reduce the time spent on mp a lot.

And here I thought the Ezio Collection was setting a nice trend of dropping multiplayer from remastered games... Shame.

I played Bulletstorm on PS3 long after the servers had been shut down (because I didn't have a PS3 before that time), I enjoyed it but I wasn't into it that much that I need a PS4 remaster right away. I just bought the Uncharted remastered trilogy though because I wanted to play it again even though I had zero interest when the remastered version was released so I'll probably get this one as well, in time.

1 hour ago, ryan32289 said:

I fucking love that blue color though and I don't care if I'm the only one who likes it or not hehe

I'm with you, I think it's fitting.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ryan32289 said:

I fucking love that blue color though and I don't care if I'm the only one who likes it or not hehe

Yep me too. There's a few which look a bit weird and were better in the original yellow, such as golden idol and master of destruction, but that plat image is sweet.

To be honest I wasn't going to get this originally, the PS3 version is my rarest plat and I still have the disc if I want to play it again, if it was identical trophy images I (probably) wouldn't have bothered. But it was a very enjoyable game, I never got to play the DLC and I have found recently that whenever I go back to my PS3 the controller feels too light and takes a little while to get used to again. I've got far too many good games to get through at the moment, but I can certainly see myself getting tempted if it goes on a decent sale.

As for people on the fence, if you never played it on PS3 and like Borderlands style humour then go for it. If you've already got it on PS3 then it's going to come down to whether or not you want the plat because it's no longer attainable on PS3 after the server shut downs. Finally it's probably the only game that I've ever enjoyed every moment of the mp/co-op time I've put into it, and the trophy requirements on that side of it are now easier.

9 hours ago, Dr_WPJTPCSPCDM said:

As for people on the fence, if you never played it on PS3 and like Borderlands style humour then go for it. If you've already got it on PS3 then it's going to come down to whether or not you want the plat because it's no longer attainable on PS3 after the server shut downs. Finally it's probably the only game that I've ever enjoyed every moment of the mp/co-op time I've put into it, and the trophy requirements on that side of it are now easier.

I agree, this game was a hidden gem on the PS3 with the humour, crazy weapons, skillshot system, and stunning environments. Definitely a recommendation.

I borrowed this off a friend for PS3, so I didn't get to do a tonne of trophy hunting on it. I would love to replay it, but I'll wait for a price drop. Too many games to play as is. Same thing with the AC/Ezio and BioShock remasters. Sub $30 games for me.

Edited by Spartan

On Wed Apr 05 2017 at 7:48 PM, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

The game doesn't take that long to Platinum but it can vary depending on how long it takes you to do all the single player skillshots. But this platinum is still around 35-60 hours. The Multiplayer got reduced which in turn does reduce the completion time, but the DLC is added to the Platinum time now which takes 2-3 hours each. Some of the DLC needs a partner as you cannot do some of them by yourself. Like the space environmental kill one. 

You mean the teleporter kills trophy from the 2nd dlc?  If so, that one is doable solo, I did it solo on PS3.  It was a pain but doable.

4 hours ago, Warneki said:

It's not difficult at all, I'm actually only 3 trophies away from the platinum, it's really not that difficult. It's even easier when you have someone for anarchy mode to help you.  

I have since then been first to platinum the game, I'd give it maybe a 5/10, because of the anarchy mode. Scoring 40k would probably be the hardest one.

• Like 1

I'll definitely get this sometime. That Skillshot system is so much fun to mess with and the co-op on PS3 was great fun as well. It's nice that the DLC is included as I couldn't play it in time on the PS3 before the servers shut down. As far as trophies go, Anarchy Master is slightly easier this time, but the DLC trophies from the PS3 version are now required for the platinum. I'm not sure how difficult they are, but they shouldn't be too bad. Everything else is pretty much the same. I don't like how they went overboard with blue in the trophy tiles, but ultimately it doesn't really matter to me.

On 4/6/2017 at 6:55 AM, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

True, I'm only paying for the game to Repaste my same guide again on PST.org. I did the original PS3 version guide but will make it modern and updated for PS4 version. 

Remastering trophy guides? Nice! :awesome:

Edited by cr1s
  • Like 1

On Wed Apr 12 2017 at 7:04 PM, det0xxp said:

Can you get still obtain trophies playing Dukes World Tour?

Yes, you can even earn trophies in Overkill mode using him.

For Environment Master do we need all Anarchy skillshots in the DLC levels too?  I'm assuming you do since they incorporated the DLC trophies into the main game, but am looking for a bit of confirmation on it.

UPDATE: You only need to do the skillshots on the 6 original maps for Environment Master, just like the original game.

Also, you may need to run through the prologue separately on V Hard to get the trophy, Overkill mode doesn't include the prologue in New game or chapter select.

Edited by Snake2410

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I noticed that the Echoes Mode trophies have increased requirements from the original PS3 version, eg:

Hoarder - Have a total of at least 250,000 points in Echoes Mode's total high score  (PS3 version requires 150,000)

Supernova - Get 3 Stars on 20 different Echoes  (PS3 version requires 14 different levels)

So while Anarchy mode is easier, looks like Echoes Mode may have gotten harder?  Any insights will be appreciated!  :)

PS: Since it is a free game on PS+ this month, thinking of firing it up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2018 at 10:05 PM, vinster said:

I noticed that the Echoes Mode trophies have increased requirements from the original PS3 version, eg:

Hoarder - Have a total of at least 250,000 points in Echoes Mode's total high score  (PS3 version requires 150,000)

Supernova - Get 3 Stars on 20 different Echoes  (PS3 version requires 14 different levels)

So while Anarchy mode is easier, looks like Echoes Mode may have gotten harder?  Any insights will be appreciated!  :)

PS: Since it is a free game on PS+ this month, thinking of firing it up.

Well, I got the Hoarder, Supernova and Shooting Star trophies for the PS4 Full Clip edition.  Since I never played the PS3 version, I can't compare with that.

For the PS4 Full Clip edition, there're 30 regular echo missions (which includes PS3 DLCs).  So you need to get 3-stars for 20 of them (Supernova) and at least 1-star each (Shooting Star).  It's not too bad, but does require that you know how to pull off skillshots with different weapons and kills.  Some maps I needed 3 or more tries for 3-stars.  Some maps I just give up on (looking at you Promenade map!).

As for the 250000 (Hoader) points, it should come naturally if you got the Supernova and Shooting Star trophies.  I think overall I had around 23 or 24 3-star echos and the rest are either 1-star or 2-stars.