Suggestion: Let us unsubscribe from particular status updates

since i stepped into "that trap" yesterday i turned off the notifications just for: "Someone replies to a status update I posted, is on my profile, or I have also replied to"

you don't have to turn them off completely, just the thing above and you won't get those notifications anymore.

but even that is basically just a band-aid and i agree with the option to unsubscribe from a status!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dernop said:

since i stepped into "that trap" yesterday i turned off the notifications just for: "Someone replies to a status update I posted, is on my profile, or I have also replied to"

you don't have to turn them off completely, just the thing above and you won't get those notifications anymore.

but even that is basically just a band-aid and i agree with the option to unsubscribe from a status!

I find it funny that you descirbe it as a trap aswell. It was my first thought when I checked the forum this morning and was overwhelmed by all these notifications.

But won't that turn of notifications on status updates completely? I just want to be free of the cursed one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soniq said:

I find it funny that you descirbe it as a trap aswell. It was my first thought when I checked the forum this morning and was overwhelmed by all these notifications.

But won't that turn of notifications on status updates completely? I just want to be free of the cursed one.

unfortunately: yes, it seems to turn off all status-notifications (even replies to your own status). a workaround is of course to tag the person... you will still get tag-notifications like  this

but yeah, it's not really a good compromise and we should be able to unsub from a specific, single status.

• Like 1

I know the feeling here, even the tagging can be a pain to deal with (which I've turned off the notifications for at the moment), especially for being tagged in a stupid status that had over 800 replies.  All I know was that in there I was being asked about my progress in Bloodborne, but I honestly did not care to answer back, cause I did not wish to get notifications every second from that status.

• Like 1

I was in this kind of trap aswell, i asked a mod to remove my 2 posts from this status and it stopped notifications. Im not blaming people for using there status update to spam nonsense, but as long as there is no option to unsubscribe specific status updates i will stop texting in "potential" traps.

3 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

That was my bad. I was removing individual comments and accidentally deleted the whole status. There is no undo option. :facepalm:

Ah well. I guess the problem is solved now though. :awesome:

You really are naive on this one. Stricken will be messaging you again soon.

2 minutes ago, TigressLion said:

Stricken will be messaging you again soon.

I didn't ask @Stevieboy to get involved - I wouldn't want to stop those who were enjoying the banter from keeping going. 

Nevertheless I am thankful to Stevie for being pro-active and removing people from that update in the meantime. :wave: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

Ah well. I guess the problem is solved now though. :awesome:

Like Tigress said it's really a naive way of thinking. Tigress and Milan may have been a bit extreme to show their request but the general suggestion still is a valid one. Unsubscribing from a status update or deleting your own posts like it was possible with the old IPboard-version are requested features. It doesn't really help to turn off notifications for all status update-posts once you notice that one update escalates or you don't feel like the direction it tends towards interests you any longer.

Common examples are "What should I buy / plat next?-posts. You state your opinion like some other people and afterwards two people start a more in deep discussion about one game you don't care for but at that point you are getting spammed with notifications you don't care for. To top that you can't distinguish all those notifications as they just show "xyz replied to a status update". To which?

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Like Tigress said it's really a naive way of thinking. Tigress and Milan may have been a bit extreme to show their request but the general suggestion still is a valid one. Unsubscribing from a status update or deleting your own posts like it was possible with the old IPboard-version are requested features. It doesn't really help to turn off notifications for all status update-posts once you notice that one update escalates or you don't feel like the direction it tends towards interests you any longer.

Common examples are "What should I buy / plat next?-posts. You state your opinion like some other people and afterwards two people start a more in deep discussion about one game you don't care for but at that point you are getting spammed with notifications you don't care for. To top that you can't distinguish all those notifications as they just show "xyz replied to a status update". To which?

No, I agree with you that it should definitely be an option and should be the way it was before. I wasn't being serious when I said that the problem had been solved, hence the :awesome: emoticon.

• Like 4

Just now, Stevieboy said:

No, I agree with you that it should definitely be an option and should be the way it was before. I wasn't being serious when I said that the problem had been solved, hence the :awesome: emoticon.

Sorry, didn't want to sound harsh. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell the difference between joke and serious even when such an emoticon is used.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

Sorry, didn't want to sound harsh. Sometimes it's hard for me to tell the difference between joke and serious even when such an emoticon is used.

It's all good. Better to question it and have it explained than to think the wrong thing. It can be difficult to convey exactly what is meant using only text.

• Like 2

I support this religiously!! 

Though I also support that the deleted status be restored by @Sly Ripper and locked(cause we don't need any more replies lol).

Reason being I've never seen a status with so many comments. It's a record for psnp I think and I didn't see(from what I read) anything bad. 

It must still be floating on the server. 

It just seems like a shame to have the record breaking status update lost forever.