AlcoholicDinosaw

Sphinx's Riddles Guide

56 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Okay thank you, looks like my guide isn't as informative as it should be, I'll update with this information, thank you :)

I also believe an important aspect is that it isn't just 55+ damage done; I believe if someone is at 40 HP and you hit them directly with the Hand that doesn't count, because I've many games like that. It's very frustrating because you can't see people's health before you shoot them.

Edited by Piggy1
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Piggy1 said:

I've definitely completed the All Kills from damage 50 or higher" because I've used the Suzanne and headshot two people. It was unranked though, so just for clarification I believe you can only solve these in RANKED MODE which is unfortunate because trying to do these riddles tanks my ranking.

It is possible in unranked, but it is a little bit buggy. My problem was that I used Cyborgula and if you kill someone with the self-destruct it counts as kill.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think one of the challenges is glitched or bugged for me.
I managed to get 3 kills with the hand (with my luck it wasn't the active one :( ).
And somehow I have Brainfreeze unlocked but the challenge is not completed. 

Edit: It actually somehow counts as completed now :D 

 

Edited by PhoenixIKN
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2017 at 9:19 AM, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Riddle 1:

"15 frozen then shattered, the pieces they fly. And The Hand will scream bullets from up in the sky."

This requires Brainfreeze or 'Emily' (unlocked with 1 key) the only two weapons that will freeze enemies, you must hit them with Brainfreeze or 'Emily's' shit while they are in air, they will fall and "shatter". (Refer to Riddle 3 on how to unlock Brainfreeze).

THIS CHALLENGE UNLOCKS 'GUN' HAND.

 

Riddle 3: "One game, 3 Hand kills*, this task it is bold. But reward-o so great-stops enemies cold. 

*This task must be completed one time in one unique game." 

This may take some time, personally I found this one the most difficult as it's kinda lucked based, however, with practice of the hand, your skills with further, best on 2v2 and wait for your team mate to fuck them up then steal their kill, orrrrr, free for all, organ donor preferably, when it comes to nearer the end of the game and buffs appear, take the damage buff, use The Hand and obliterate your enemies!

THIS CHALLENGE UNLOCKS BRAINFREEZE.

 

An easier way to get Riddle 3. Solve riddle 1. Get the gun hand. It has more damage that you can aim at each person. You can easily knock out all 3 if they are on the field if you manage not to die while shooting each of them.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to unlock in unclassed mode the riddle with melee kills only by winning the game ! (a 2v2 game on the map Mars City in my case)

Edited by Nakqz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Only punch kills" riddle unlocked right now during one of my matches where i only did ONE kill via punching, all the others were with other weapons. 
Happened to anyone else?

EDIT: just read @Nakqz post, basically happened the same to me but in a brawl, ranked match. 

Edited by NekoSama87
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NekoSama87 said:

"Only punch kills" riddle unlocked right now during one of my matches where i only did ONE kill via punching, all the others were with other weapons. 

This is what was originally posted before I had a flood of reports from here and in PM's about it not registering as complete, thank you for commenting I'll update the guide again :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was working on Riddle 1.  After getting the last kill, my game crashed mid-match.  Now it won't unlock. Help!

Edited by tigersfan3023
It unlocked after closing and reopening the game
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there :)
Can someone help me or give some sort of a tip?
I'm stuck on the 1st riddle.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PhoenixIKN said:

Hey there :)
Can someone help me or give some sort of a tip?
I'm stuck on the 1st riddle.

 

The kills only seem to count when the enemy falls and shatters from being frozen, freezing an enemy then killing them any other way besides height, won't count, maps such as Bloodbath & Swearhouse, and any other map that has many elevated positions are a good choice as they'll be a lot of jumping and floating around that the enemies will do, the jumpad in the centre of the lowest floor in Swearhouse was convenient, I just kept bouncing on that and it somehow lured enemies over to wanna kill me, I used Brainfreeze to hit them while in mid air with them (you can use Emily if you haven't done Riddle 3), they will fall a long way down and shatter, maybe you could try this way, the jump pad on the lowest level in the centre of Bloodbath is also a really good choice, some who play as Cyborgula tend to fly around a lot, maybe you could catch one of those flying around and bringing them to their cold death, regardless, hope this is some help to you and others reading this who are a little stuck :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

The kills only seem to count when the enemy falls and shatters from being frozen, freezing an enemy then killing them any other way besides height, won't count, maps such as Bloodbath & Swearhouse, and any other map that has many elevated positions are a good choice as they'll be a lot of jumping and floating around that the enemies will do, the jumpad in the centre of the lowest floor in Swearhouse was convenient, I just kept bouncing on that and it somehow lured enemies over to wanna kill me, I used Brainfreeze to hit them while in mid air with them (you can use Emily if you haven't done Riddle 3), they will fall a long way down and shatter, maybe you could try this way, the jump pad on the lowest level in the centre of Bloodbath is also a really good choice, some who play as Cyborgula tend to fly around a lot, maybe you could catch one of those flying around and bringing them to their cold death, regardless, hope this is some help to you and others reading this who are a little stuck :)


Yo AlcoholicDinosaw,
you are the real MVP, this is my last challenge and these are some great tips thanks a lot for the help with all the challenges.
I should get you a round of beer :P 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm stuck at riddle 2.

Done the requirements several times, but it does not unlock.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, duc-748S said:

I'm stuck at riddle 2.

Done the requirements several times, but it does not unlock.

Try earning a win whilst meeting the requirements and ensure all damage is over 50, you cannot at all do any damage that is less than that else it won't count complete, so any accidental shots or grenade throws will unfortunately stop you from completing the riddle. 

There also may be a stat delay as that has occurred quite an unfair amount of times, just simply keep meeting the requirements and eventually it'll register as complete, you will get it done :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Try earning a win whilst meeting the requirements and ensure all damage is over 50, you cannot at all do any damage that is less than that else it won't count complete, so any accidental shots or grenade throws will unfortunately stop you from completing the riddle. 

There also may be a stat delay as that has occurred quite an unfair amount of times, just simply keep meeting the requirements and eventually it'll register as complete, you will get it done :)

I'm sure that there was all damage 50+ and no accidental kills.

Some of the games i won, too.

One other riddle left,  so I will do this first and then it hopefully works.

Thank you

 

Edited by duc-748S
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, duc-748S said:

I'm sure that there was all damage 50+ and no accidental kills.

Some of the games i won, too.

One other riddle left,  so I will do this first and then it hopefully works.

Thank you

 

 

Same problem here... i got over 50 but nothing happened -.- when i dont hit the enemy it counts 0 and i can leave the session right ? Its the second buggy sphinx riddle for me -.- 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, duc-748S said:

I'm sure that there was all damage 50+ and no accidental kills.

Some of the games i won, too.

One other riddle left,  so I will do this first and then it hopefully works.

Thank you

 

 

4 minutes ago, xTwoFace619x said:

 

Same problem here... i got over 50 but nothing happened -.- when i dont hit the enemy it counts 0 and i can leave the session right ? Its the second buggy sphinx riddle for me -.- 

Seems as if the riddle is currently glitched, like most have been at some point, for now continue to work on other riddles and come back to this one last, not sure what's causing the issue as you're both meeting the requirements, I'm sorry I can't be more of a help but you're doing everything right from what I can read :/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

 

Seems as if the riddle is currently glitched, like most have been at some point, for now continue to work on other riddles and come back to this one last, not sure what's causing the issue as you're both meeting the requirements, I'm sorry I can't be more of a help but you're doing everything right from what I can read :/

 

17 minutes ago, xTwoFace619x said:

 

Same problem here... i got over 50 but nothing happened -.- when i dont hit the enemy it counts 0 and i can leave the session right ? Its the second buggy sphinx riddle for me -.- 

 

Are you guys making sure that every kill you get is caused by a weapon or special that does 50+ damage? (i.e. Uncle Joe, Sexy Beast, etc.) I was able to get the riddle after getting 1st place with all my kills, including final kill, from using both Sexy Beast & Suzanne.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BurstNova said:

 

 

 

Are you guys making sure that every kill you get is caused by a weapon or special that does 50+ damage? (i.e. Uncle Joe, Sexy Beast, etc.) I was able to get the riddle after getting 1st place with all my kills, including final kill, from using both Sexy Beast & Suzanne.

Yes, I am absolutely sure.

All Kills 50+ and some first places as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/4/6 at 9:19 PM, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

The Temple of Sphinx, oooooo mysterious, luckily, the riddles aren't mysterious at all and are in fact simple, they're basically just a bunch of challenges that are, obviously, a little challenging, they can be done in any order, but to unlock them you need 10 keys to unlock the Temple but after that they can be done whenever. You can only have one riddle active at any given time. Here they are in no particular order:

 

Riddle 1:

"15 frozen then shattered, the pieces they fly. And The Hand will scream bullets from up in the sky."

This requires Brainfreeze or 'Emily' (unlocked with 1 key) the only two weapons that will freeze enemies, you must hit them with Brainfreeze or 'Emily's' shit while they are in air, they will fall and "shatter". (Refer to Riddle 3 on how to unlock Brainfreeze).

THIS CHALLENGE UNLOCKS 'GUN' HAND.

 

Riddle 2: "All kills from damage 50 points or more higher* The Devil's Monkey arrives shitting ice, bombs, and fire

*This task must be completed one time in 1 unique game" 

Simple right, kinda, you need the shotgun called 'Sexy Beast' (unlocked with 1 key), this weapon is really convenient to use as it racks up to like 85 damage in one shot if close enough, you can also you use the sniper 'Suzanne' (unlocked with 1 key), or good ol' 'Uncle Joe' (also unlocked with 1 key), as these are both very powerful weapons with direct hits, The Hand will work but shots need to be absoulte direct, if absolute direct, you'll do 55 damage to your opponent! RPG won't work it only does like 40 damage. You could just get one or two kills and then wait out the match, doesn't have to be a win!

THIS CHALLENGE UNLOCKS DEVIL MONKEY.

 

Riddle 3: "One game, 3 Hand kills*, this task it is bold. But reward-o so great-stops enemies cold. 

*This task must be completed one time in one unique game." 

This may take some time, personally I found this one the most difficult as it's kinda lucked based, however, with practice of the hand, your skills with further, best on 2v2 and wait for your team mate to fuck them up then steal their kill, orrrrr, free for all, organ donor preferably, when it comes to nearer the end of the game and buffs appear, take the damage buff, use The Hand and obliterate your enemies! Alternatively, you can unlock 'Gun Hand' (see Riddle 3 on how to unlock it), you have unlimited ammo for a set amount of time with this Hand so fire away!

THIS CHALLENGE UNLOCKS BRAINFREEZE.

 

Riddle 4: "All kills come from punching, your fist brings them down.* Your prize: a great battlefield with trees all around.

This task must be completed one time in 1 unique game." 

Play this safe, I used the weapons 'FU47' to pick away at their health, and the 'Pump N Dump' to bring their health down at a faster rate, once they're on low health, finish them off with fisticuffs. You can also do this in the mode 'Brawl', all you need to do is get a minimum of one melee/punch kill and it will unlock. Note: as the challenge states, you cannot kill in any other way. 

POSSIBLY GLITCHED. It is yet to be confirmed whether or not a win is required for this challenge to be registered as complete. Keep meeting the requirements until it completes.

THIS CHALLENGE UNLOCKS THE MAP LOG JAM. 

 

Riddle 5: "100 kills when your health is 30 or fewer. Brings forth the Great Hand with his enemy skewer!"

If you're Johnny Savage, well lucky you, he enters Punk Rage after health drops below 25%, meaning he gets a damage boost, meaning his overall damage is 1.5x, this will come naturally so don't dedicate your entire game solely on this task, unless of course you've done absolutely this game has to offer challenge wise, just keep playing and grinding for this annoying one! You can track how much you've done as the number becomes lower the more you do.

THIS CHALLENGE UNLOCKS 'STAB' HAND.

 

Riddle 6: "In 1 game with 1 life, bring 3 enemies death. And the Dragon arrives, bringing hell with its breath."

Personally this one is the easiest, do I really have to tell you what to do on this one ;) Play it safe, you could always use The Hand to help, just be careful! If you have trouble unlocking this try doing it in Ranked matches.

THIS CHALLENGE UNLOCKS SCORCHY.

POSSIBLY GLITCHED. It is yet to be confirmed that you need to obtain this in your first life of spawning into a game, I strongly advise to earn your 3 kills BEFORE dying once, after you've got 3 kills in 1 life you should be fine to die afterwards with your riddle still complete.

 

I hope this guide has helped! Let me know what you think of the guide I'd really appreciate some feedback, or simply just leave a like if it has helped you so I can continue to write up other guides!:D

 

A few riddles may be possibly glitched, fixes have been stated but it only seems to be a minority affected, if this happens to you, keep trying and meeting the requirements, it will eventually register as complete.

Hey, My friend, I want to ask this mission。

Riddle 6: "In 1 game with 1 life, bring 3 enemies death. And the Dragon arrives, bringing hell with its breath."

How can I get it?I with my friend on 1vs1,but I did not unlock that mission。Maybe it must kill 3 Different PSN ID ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BurstNova said:

 

 

 

Are you guys making sure that every kill you get is caused by a weapon or special that does 50+ damage? (i.e. Uncle Joe, Sexy Beast, etc.) I was able to get the riddle after getting 1st place with all my kills, including final kill, from using both Sexy Beast & Suzanne.

 

I tried it with sexy beast, suzanne and with the hand 1 kill and in the other session with 3 but nothing... the coolest thing was when my teammate left the match and i fight with 200% health against 2 people, i stand there and do nothing, wait till they come close enough and boooom headshot or something and wait till the and...nothing happened :( i tried it for hours.. now i will do first the other riddles :/ but thank u for help guys :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jajolin said:

Hey, My friend, I want to ask this mission。

Riddle 6: "In 1 game with 1 life, bring 3 enemies death. And the Dragon arrives, bringing hell with its breath."

How can I get it?I with my friend on 1vs1,but I did not unlock that mission。Maybe it must kill 3 Different PSN ID ?

You need to kill 3 enemies in (potentially, due to a registering bug/glitch) your first life, unconfirmed if it has to be 3 different ID's as I did mine in a 2v2 Deathmatch, meaning I killed the same enemy twice, either it doesn't count in 1v1, had a problem registering, or you may have been killed before earning your 3 kills? Regardless, keep trying to meet the requirements and it WILL complete, hope this helps :)

 

2 hours ago, xTwoFace619x said:

 

I tried it with sexy beast, suzanne and with the hand 1 kill and in the other session with 3 but nothing..

I know I've stated in my guide about using The Hand, but I must stress that the shots with the Hand need to be absolutely direct to ensure that 55 damage, stick to Suzanne, Sexy Beast & Uncle Joe, you will get it just keep meeting the requirements :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, duc-748S said:

Yes, I am absolutely sure.

All Kills 50+ and some first places as well.

 

4 hours ago, xTwoFace619x said:

 

I tried it with sexy beast, suzanne and with the hand 1 kill and in the other session with 3 but nothing... the coolest thing was when my teammate left the match and i fight with 200% health against 2 people, i stand there and do nothing, wait till they come close enough and boooom headshot or something and wait till the and...nothing happened :( i tried it for hours.. now i will do first the other riddles :/ but thank u for help guys :)

 

I forgot to ask if you guys were also doing this in ranked as well? If you guys are and you've gotten a 1st place final kill win with all 50+ damage kills, then I can't really think of any other reason why you guys haven't earn it yet. I earned mines in a brawl match if that helps.

 

Also, I thought the Hand missiles could only do 45 damage max per shot? I avoided using the Hand because of that out of precaution. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BurstNova said:

 

 

I forgot to ask if you guys were also doing this in ranked as well? If you guys are and you've gotten a 1st place final kill win with all 50+ damage kills, then I can't really think of any other reason why you guys haven't earn it yet. I earned mines in a brawl match if that helps.

 

Also, I thought the Hand missiles could only do 45 damage max per shot? I avoided using the Hand because of that out of precaution. 

 

Done it again and again today in ranked with sexy beast... 2 kills 2vs1 and nothing...now i will try riddle 1 :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riddle 1 done with no problems, was easy..now again 50+ -.- 

 

Edit 1: first time with a win in unranked and i think it was 5 kills but nothing happened !

Edited by xTwoFace619x
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xTwoFace619x said:

 

Done it again and again today in ranked with sexy beast... 2 kills 2vs1 and nothing...now i will try riddle 1 :(

 

Were you getting consistent point blank kills with Sexy Beast? Sexy Beast's damage can easily waver to below 50 if you don't get a direct hit with it, so getting a kill with a not-so-direct shot from Sexy Beast could potentially void your efforts. Suzanne is consistently high damage, so it's more reliable than Sexy Beast. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.