TigressLion

Recommendation: Couch Co-Op

19 posts in this topic

I am looking for a Couch Co-Op game, nothing really AAA grade or just generic shooters or splitscreen like BL, MC, Army of Two, etc.

Looking something more "normally" price range starting $20-30 (when new) which puts it closer to the Indie market. Wife was really interested in that Don't Starve Together.

So maybe something from the "survival-esque" category? I don't really know many. If anyone can recommend a Couch Co-op game where Survival is maybe a key feature? You can stray a bit from this as long as it is relevant or close to being relevant?

Edited by TigressLion
I made an error on an example.

You'll have a fun time trying to stay alive in Jamestown +. It is local co-op only!

Another vote for Jamestown from me. Fun Co op bullet hell game!

I also recommend the free game this month on PS4, lovers in a dangerous spacetime. You'll need to work together with your partner (s) to drive your spaceship and over come alien obstacles.

Dead Rising series had couch coop ? Never knew it and played DR2 Off the Record . 

I can recommend Dead Nation which is a top-view survival shooter and it's much fun on couch coop . 

See if that suits you and your wife interests . Cheers ! ^_^

Edited by Sigma999

1 minute ago, Sigma999 said:

Dead Rising series had couch coop ? Never knew it and played DR2 Off the Record . 

I can recommend Dead Nation which is a top-view survival shooter and it's much fun on couch coop . 

See if that suits you and your wife interests . Cheers ! ^_^

Im not sure if it does. I just dont want it recommended if so.

I already have the DN plat lol.

ARK: Survival Evolved has couch co-op, if you like dinosaurs and survival.  You can set up a single player world how you want it (fast taming speeds, god mode etc.)  I think it's still a little on the pricey side for the budget you're on, but I've seen it on sale a couple of times.  I think it might be split screen though so it's worth looking that up.

Also I do highly recommend Don't Starve Together (your wife has got good taste)  Husband and I had a lot of fun playing that.

What about Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime?  It's not necessarily survival but it was free on PS+ this month and has couch co-op

Edited to add:  I hear Overcooked is a pretty fun game for couch co op too

Edited by Rach

HELLDIVERS

DEAD NATION

Resident Evil Games

Diablo 3

Bordelands 2 and the Pre Sequel

Zombies in cod games

Lego Games

Edited by Zero_Ace

2 minutes ago, TigressLion said:

Im not sure if it does. I just dont want it recommended if so.

I already have the DN plat lol.

Oh sorry  then congratz on that plat cause i certainly won't plat DN . 

Then i don't know anymore couch coop games with survival theme to recommend :unsure:

DO you like RPGs? Divinity made my wife and I rage at one another while playing couch co-op (and, if your wife also collects trophies, both accounts can get trophies simultaneously). The PS4 Gauntlet was a fun couch co-op for the wife and me as well.

I don't know about any of the survival ones, though. Not my cup of tea...

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

DO you like RPGs? Divinity made my wife and I rage at one another while playing couch co-op (and, if your wife also collects trophies, both accounts can get trophies simultaneously). The PS4 Gauntlet was a fun couch co-op for the wife and me as well.

I don't know about any of the survival ones, though. Not my cup of tea...

Never evem heard of this game, thanks for the input. RPG is my fave genre, I'll look it up.

Thanks to the Jamestown recommendations too. Definitely look both up.

11 minutes ago, Rach said:

ARK: Survival Evolved has couch co-op, if you like dinosaurs and survival.  You can set up a single player world how you want it (fast taming speeds, god mode etc.)  I think it's still a little on the pricey side for the budget you're on, but I've seen it on sale a couple of times.  I think it might be split screen though so it's worth looking that up.

Also I do highly recommend Don't Starve Together (your wife has got good taste)  Husband and I had a lot of fun playing that.

What about Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime?  It's not necessarily survival but it was free on PS+ this month and has couch co-op

Edited to add:  I hear Overcooked is a pretty fun game for couch co op too

I remember how hyped you were with ARK, definitely on the radar. Thanks for the input!

I'm also curious about that 7 days to die game.

Just a warning - Divinity is a bit old school, which means it's quite clunky, particularly at the beginning. But you have full control over characters, and can search separately or together. It's pretty neat. I wish my wife would play a little more often (I promised I wouldn't play without her, and wouldn't look up how to do things, which is why our own progress is painfully slow)

From the games I've played here are my recommendations for good co-op games.

• Borderlands The Handsome Collection (Borderlands 2 & The Pre-Sequel)
  • Helldivers
  • Alienation
  • Diablo 3
  • Don't Starve
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • Trine 2 (I think that's co-op)

...and whilst not co-op, I did play The Witness with a friend and had lots of fun solving all the puzzles together.

Diablo 3 is a good recommendation for non split screen.  You could also play Resogun. Or if you go back to the PS3, the Deathspank games were fun short adventures.

I'd go with:

Guacamelee

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Castle Crashers

Also, Cloudberry Kingdom is good for a few laughs...and broken controllers 😁

Try Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, or its sequel, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. If you're familiar with Diablo, you'll probably like it.

PS4 only?

N++ and Resogun is couch local co-op, but with the exception of some few trophies, N++ doesn't work against any trophies.

There's also Risk of Rain (pretty sure it has local co op).

Oh, and Terraria.

Rayman Legends (and Origins I think).

LittleBigPlanet

Borderlands

DeadNation

ICO (NG+)

Most LEGO games, but many have issues unlocking trophies then.

Edited by MMDE

I know it's not co-op but there are a lot of games that are fun to play with someone else, experiencing it together and figuring things out like danganronpa 1 & 2, the witness, are just a few that come to mind.

I would totally enjoying giving input on danganronpa as a second mind. 

There's a bunch of games like that too! 

Alienation its a harder and better version of both Dead Nation and Helldivers

Diablo 3 Reaper of souls

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Borderlands series

Ark Survival or 7 days to die choose if you prefer Zombies or dinosaurs

RE 5/6/Revelations 2

LBP series

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2

Rayman Legends and Origins

Any Warriors games (Dynasty/Samurai/Pirate/Orochi/Gundam)

EDF

Resogun

Dragon's Crown

I could list loads more let me know if you got any particular genres.

21 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

Try Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, or its sequel, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. If you're familiar with Diablo, you'll probably like it.

I'd second these

Both probably more lightweight than you are looking for, but Towerfall Ascension has both coop play as well as fun pvp, Overcooked is also great if a little short, although can result in arguments on the sofa!

If you care about trophy completion then Overcooked is much easier, the rarer trophies on Towerfall are also not for the coop section, but it is still a superb game.