Xseed announces Trails in the Sky the 3rd Release Date (May 3) and Trails of Cold Steel (PC)

Cave Johnson

I'll definitely get the 3rd right when it comes out. I don't really care about the PC version of Cold Steel since I already played both games on PS3. I remember a lot of people on the Steam forums who wanted it, so I'm sure they'll be happy.

14 minutes ago, Terra said:

Just PC?

XSEED couldn't find suitable PSP version.

I'm glad Sen is getting PC treatment. Kiseki belongs to PC as well, it was pretty weird Sen became PC exclusive.

And Sora TC. Oh my, 

SO
MUCH
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

XSEED-sama just gave me the next game to play after P5 =D

Finally...

Renne.

Why buy a game on a PlayStation platform if they gonna do a better edition on PC?

If you are going to answer, please, a real answer. Keep in mind that the release of this game was a long time ago.

Edited by Chunchunmaru

Just now, A-Brawl3r said:

it sounds like Cold Steel 1 got additional voice acting added, or maybe I'm interpreting wrong.

Yea, 50% more English voices.

Instead of 100% more Japanese voices.

Just now, Chunchunmaru said:

Why buy a game on a PlayStation platform if they gonna do a better edition on PC?

For trophies?

8 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Is FC Evolution a remastered version of Trails in the Sky?

Technically =D 

In core, it's still the same game just new sprites and most importantly, full voicing =D

9 hours ago, FlareXV said:

I hear that Xseed do good ports so I expect to see some good optimization settings.

They aren't doing ports, though.

The games were on PC from the start.

8 hours ago, T87 said:

Or that they no longer have PSP devkits.

That would be a bit weird considering they localized PSP SC not too long ago.

And TC localization announcement came little after SC's release.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Technically =D 

In core, it's still the same game just new sprites and most importantly, full voicing =D

They aren't doing ports, though.

That would be a bit weird considering they localized PSP SC not too long ago.

And TC localization announcement came little after SC's release.

Yeah but i really read something like that a year ago or so.

The last localized PSP title will be "Class of Heroes 3" by MonkeyPaw Games but even that has been M.I.A. for ages.

This is simply GREAT. I didn't know that these words may come out from my mouth since I prefer playing games on consoles (or better, on Sony's console) and I hate when they bring exclusives on other platforms, but since I haven't modded my PS3, nor my PS Vita, the only way to play Cold Steel with japanese voice has always been a PC port with mods. I'm looking forward to it.

Still, about those 5.000 new voice lines, perhaps they are talking about japanese voices? Because games like Conception II got JAP voices on PC and only ENG voices on PS Vita and 3DS. Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 too.

Edited by NaRayquaza

14 hours ago, Chunchunmaru said:

If you are going to answer, please, a real answer. Keep in mind that the release of this game was a long time ago.

The only PC I use on a regular basis is my laptop at work? The PC I do have at home is pretty inconvenient to play on? Some of us don't care about "better edition" and are perfectly happy with the PlayStation versions? Finally, there are more and more households every year in which there is no PC. They access the internet through devices like phones and tablets and have no need for the traditional Windows PC. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Trails of Cold Steel series was a console game, I know the first games in the series was but this one was not.

Yet xSeed decide to do their own port of it where they could have spent the money to try and buy the rights to FC Evolution or port the Trails in the sky 3 PSP version to the Vita.

This one is hard for I want to play the game but I don't want to support xSeed's PC releases as it does seem to be more of a focus then console. Won't be surprised in two years time that xSeed will announce Trails of Cold Steel III for PC only.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NaRayquaza said:

Still, about those 5.000 new voice lines, perhaps they are talking about japanese voices? Because games like Conception II got JAP voices on PC and only ENG voices on PS Vita and 3DS. Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 too.

Unfortunately 5000 new English voice lines.

9 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Trails of Cold Steel series was a console game, I know the first games in the series was but this one was not.

Oh yea... I forgot this wasn't TC only thread xD

29 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Why would they do that when it's announced to be a PS4-only title?

For the same reason they are doing a PC port. I have lost the count of PS exclusives who lost their exclusivity due to XSEED.

And I don't care, if more people will enjoy them, fucking fantastic. But this...

XSEED tried to convince Falcom for putting those 5000 new voice lines in PS3/Vita, but they said NO, and now they are sharing the news like nothing happened... 

I don't know about you, but I am fucking mad.

1 hour ago, Chunchunmaru said:

XSEED tried to convince Falcom for putting those 5000 new voice lines in PS3/Vita, but they said NO, and now they are sharing the news like nothing happened... 

So, those are some kind of missing parts but now they are selling them to us as if they were something new? Wow. Now I'm wondering if the JAP version has 5000 missing lines, too...

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Unfortunately 5000 new English voice lines.

Damn it, but oh well, somebody will do a mod or an undub like they did with God Eater, Dragon's Dogma and other titles lol.

I got excited for Trails in the Sky the 3rd briefly, but then I realised it was a PC game. Eh, whatever...

As for the the PC version of Cold Steel, I think it's kinda BS that they get more more voiced lines than those of us on PlayStation got. They could have at least patched this into the PS3/Vita versions of the game upon the launch of the PC version, but I guess they wouldn't get as many people double dipping if they did that. <_<

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I got excited for Trails in the Sky the 3rd briefly, but then I realised it was a PC game. Eh, whatever...

You have the Vita version, but you want to understand it, right? =D

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

As for the the PC version of Cold Steel, I think it's kinda BS that they get more more voiced lines than those of us on PlayStation got. They could have at least patched this into the PS3/Vita versions of the game upon the launch of the PC version, but I guess they wouldn't get as many people double dipping if they did that. <_<

On the contrary, they didn't want use to suffer more :awesome: 

1 hour ago, Chunchunmaru said:

It's still Falcom game, they need to advertise it.

• Like 1

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

You have the Vita version, but you want to understand it, right? =D

On the contrary, they didn't want use to suffer more :awesome:

Sure, but we both know that's not gonna happen. :awesome: It will probably just stay on my shelf, never to be played. :P The backlog is just too strong and it expands by the day. I can't even keep up with the new releases, let alone all the stuff that's been sitting there for years waiting to be played.

I know you wouldn't like the dub because... well, it's you. :P I actually quite enjoyed it, though, and more voiced lines would have been welcome.

22 minutes ago, NaRayquaza said:

So, those are some kind of missing parts but now they are selling them to us as if they were something new?

I think the reason is that they can't add voice acting where it was never meant to be originally. Not without help from Falcom at least, who denied their request. How they are doing it on PC, I don't know.

I can't seem to find it, but I'm pretty sure they stated something like this in one of their localization blogs.

56 minutes ago, NaRayquaza said:

Now I'm wondering if the JAP version has 5000 missing lines, too...

I highly doubt it. I can't claim to know exactly how it works, but it all comes down to money. Someone or a team of people at Falcom decided they had the budget to voice about 10,000 lines. That or they worked out that they could hire x amount of VAs for x amount of hours. Like I said already, the problem Xseed had with the console versions is that they couldn't add voice acting where it didn't exist originally. Falcom didn't have this problem since it is their game. I don't see why there would be any missing lines.

• Like 1