Shutting down July 1st.

goodSuM

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Did this not just come out a couple months back? Jeez.

Yeah, but like usual the advertising for the game was pretty horrible. It was playable in beta for a while too, they only added trophies around August and the last patch came out in September adding a new hero Minerva. Still in September Sony fired around 50 people from the San Diego studio and a lot of them were working on Kill Strain. Apparently they were told work on Kill Strain was to stop immediately which is why there's been no development since. It also doesn't help that the last hero they added (Minerva) has never been balanced and is stupidly strong. So Sony messed up like usual, the game's not that bad. (Here's an article about it).

1 hour ago, Mr-Of-TacTicZz said:

Damn i have downloaded a long time ago bit did not started it yet because of time frame , is all of this fast doable or not...

The trophies are doable. If you dedicate a good week to playing the game you'll get them before the server shutdown. The only trophy you have to look out for is the one to complete 10 'quests'. The servers are kinda 'meh' about handing out one every day.

Edited by FFHannibal

35 minutes ago, doordie19822015 said:

KillStrain was a really fun and addicting game.Especially playing as the mutants I thought. I put a lot of hours into that game so thankgod I got the platinum before those servers close.

How long do you think it really took you?

Too huge of a time sink to level up/gain gold to purchase chracters. If your into these MOBA like games then great. But with much better out there atm, its hard to focus on this game. Though I do love the idea of 3 teams duking it out. But again probably the grind to get something killed it. At least they got the name right....

21 hours ago, POEman553 said:

If someone were to start now, would it be possible to Platinum this between now and July 1st? Or would you have to purchase in game currency to get to move faster?

The paid currency would only get you things that you would unlock while grinding mutant kills and 10 missions trophies anyways. The plat seems doable in about 2-3 weeks of heavy grinding.

On the US store it shows the shutdown date, on the AU store it doesn't (probably don't bother keeping it up to date because it's a small market). It was previously on the 'death list' (checked on wayback machine), but now it isn't.  It's probably still doing down on 1st July, but why would they bother taking it off the list having previously putting it on the list?

Yes you are correct (note the profile pic of a Nimon).  I saw you on Kill Strain last night (GMT +10), I suck at the game.  Finding it very hard to get Mutant Exterminator (only have 6 out of the 50), 3 gold medals and 8 kills without dying.  Was trying to load up my other PS4 and self boost, but I could never get into the same game.  It seems they partition matchmaking players based on level (read this on kill strain forums).  My main account is level 20 and the boosting account is only level 1, so they never get in the same game.