Shutting down July 1st.

goodSuM

14 hours ago, LordNimon99 said:

Yes you are correct (note the profile pic of a Nimon).  I saw you on Kill Strain last night (GMT +10), I suck at the game.  Finding it very hard to get Mutant Exterminator (only have 6 out of the 50), 3 gold medals and 8 kills without dying.  Was trying to load up my other PS4 and self boost, but I could never get into the same game.  It seems they partition matchmaking players based on level (read this on kill strain forums).  My main account is level 20 and the boosting account is only level 1, so they never get in the same game.

I love the Tom Baker era. One of my favourites has to be Horror Of Fang Rock. Reuben is actually quite frightening.

And the 50 MEC kills is by far the hardest thing. They can be boosted although the matchmaking is very odd as you say.

My favorite era is Tom Baker, then Davison, childhood memories of good times.  Probably saw every show 5 times because they were repeated heaps in those days by the ABC.

Kill Strain, argh!  Given I can't get into same game with 2 accounts with normal matchmaking, I've been trying to party up, go in on the same team, boost account get turned and then do MEC mutant kills from there.  The problem is when I want to get turned, I can't get anybody to turn me, or not with enough time left to make a difference.

3 hours ago, MrMaximusHTO said:

iv been playing for a bit, and from the UK but currently cant get on , any one from the UK that can ?

Happens a LOT recently. It's not just you.

7 hours ago, LordNimon99 said:

My favorite era is Tom Baker, then Davison, childhood memories of good times.  Probably saw every show 5 times because they were repeated heaps in those days by the ABC.

Kill Strain, argh!  Given I can't get into same game with 2 accounts with normal matchmaking, I've been trying to party up, go in on the same team, boost account get turned and then do MEC mutant kills from there.  The problem is when I want to get turned, I can't get anybody to turn me, or not with enough time left to make a difference.

Baker and Tennant for me. 

As for the mutant stuff...you only really get it done if you start as a mutant. As you say, sod's law has it that if you get turned...it's usually with 3 minutes left.

On 2017-04-27 at 7:09 AM, anonamous2 said:

Man I'm so close to getting the plat, only need to save a team mate from getting turned for the plat. That's the only trophy I've been trying to get for +- 2 months, how bad is my luck?

Myself and a group of 3 others all got this trophy in a few rounds today by focusing on that goal alone. All 4 of us would start on 1 team and focus on mining ARCC while watching out for mutants who could turn and then lure them into changing one of us. Friendly mutant would then hang out with us at the top of our base and repeatedly kill us or help repel the other team until his mutant turn meter filled up. Then we'd take him down to almost no health, let him kill one of us and drag us away and another player would finish him off and grab the trophy. We were able to cycle through 3 players in one match because the mutants ability to turn doesn't get used up if it's unsuccessful. Then in the next match we got the fourth. We noted that in order to get the trophy the mutant actually had to be moving with the injured merc and the merc had to be struggling.

Good luck to anyone else who tries to snatch up this platinum before is sinks into oblivion. ?

• Like 1

I've tried at least twice to connect to matches in Kill Strain, I get connected, start a match, play through it then disconnect mid-match. I wouldn't mind getting the Platinum for this, but it's going to be impossible with my (normally good) connection not being able to complete matches.

Edited by POEman553

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I've tried at least twice to connect to matches in Kill Strain, I get connected, start a match, play through it then disconnect mid-match. I wouldn't mind getting the Platinum for this, but it's going to be impossible with my (normally good) connection not being able to complete matches.

The game just does not function with bad internet connections. Even if it does decide to let you on to the server, I have a feeling that weaker connections also seem to result in less missions being given. Most people i know who had weak connections seemed to have bigger problems with the missions.

12 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

The game just does not function with bad internet connections. Even if it does decide to let you on to the server, I have a feeling that weaker connections also seem to result in less missions being given. Most people i know who had weak connections seemed to have bigger problems with the missions.

I have three missions open when I launch the game so it may not be me. Of course, my internet connection may not be as good as I thought.

• 1 month later...

Still having problems now. I'm at 63%. Also seems Modnation Road Trip having problems with Kill Strain together.

Might not help, but also spam the shit out of them if you are doing Kill Strain; http://sds.playstation.com/      email: [email protected]    

Also don't forget to send them another email as well to the custom support. "Contact Customer Support". Also visit Playstation website and make a ticket for this game that the game doesn't work and that it should work till 1st July. The more people will do it, maybe the more chance they looking to it. It might be get ignored but it is worth trying. Also call Sony, about this tommorow.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

I have connected to the servers, though only because I restarted the software numerous times until by luck it reached 100%.
Transactions still work when I buy stuff with my silver currency, though nobody seems to be playing it online as I'm on the same 'Searching for 9 player(s)' screen. I'm assuming it's because of the connection issues many people are having which lessens the chances if me finding a full party online.

I hope it doesn't take long til these connection issues are alleviated as I could connect and find games quickly before Saturday when this started happening.

Edited by DuplexGemini

16 minutes ago, DuplexGemini said:

I have connected to the servers, though only because I restarted the software numerous times until by luck it reached 100%.
Transactions still work when I buy stuff with my silver currency, though nobody seems to be playing it online as I'm on the same 'Searching for 9 player(s)' screen. I'm assuming it's because of the connection issues many people are having which lessens the chances if me finding a full party online.

I hope it doesn't take long til these connection issues are alleviated as I could connect and find games quickly before Saturday when this started happening.

Did you skipped the cutscene? Or just watched it till the loading screen was done?

Edited by TazDevilz1986

4 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Did you skipped the cutscene? Of just watched it till the loading screen was done?

I skipped the cutscene each time when attempting to connect and each time it was stuck on a number (Usually 15% or 39%) I simply reset the game until it went to 100%

3 minutes ago, DuplexGemini said:

I skipped the cutscene each time when attempting to connect and each time it was stuck on a number (Usually 15% or 39%) I simply reset the game until it went to 100%

I almost connected now, it was just loading up quikly and got stuck at 75%. I guess you need to reboot the game all the time and press X quikly to try your luck.

7 hours ago, Skadanton said:

Contacted customer support (hopefully someone will respond after weekends). Loaded once up to 43% but that's about it.

Don't forget to call Sony as well. I'm recuiting people for it so that the more calls can help. It is worth the try.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

• 3 weeks later...

It's July 1 and the servers are still up. Which means 1 of 2 things: 1) It's July 4th weekend and probably everyone at Sony went on vacation. July 4 falls on a Tuesday this year so you won't see anyone on Monday. It may be Wednesday before the server is shut off. 2) The store page said that the game is 'no longer available on July 1," which isn't the same as a shutdown. You just can't get it.

Sony did have the game on their shutdown page but removed it, so the game may be up for awhile but new purchases of the game can't be made.

EDIT: Also, the store description makes no mention of no longer being available on July 1....so who knows?

Edited by POEman553

• 2 months later...

Servers have a new closure date 

As of 12 December 2017 you will no longer be able to use the online features of the following games:

PS4

• Kill Strain: As you have to be online to play this title, you will not be able to play the game at all after 12th December 2017.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

• Like 1