Top 3 Vita games to buy first (as of today)

AdventjX

Hi guys,

So I was thinking of adding a Vita to go along with my PS4 and was wondering what games I should buy FIRST. I know most of you guys will probably ask what kind of games I prefer or whatnot, so I'll just clarify right off the bat that I play any and all kinds of games, and am (sort of) an up and coming trophy hunter.

Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated. I really am at a complete loss on what to get first ^^

• Like 2

Some good ones brought up already. Looking back I have enjoyed many. The Danganronpa and Zero Escape series are excellent. For individual stand alone titles, I would recommend Severed, Dokuro and Grim Fandango as 3 of my favourites.

• Like 2

In general, I would recommend: 1. Persona 4 Golden (a must), 2. FFX/X-2 HD or World of Final Fantasy (if you haven't already played them on PS4), 3. Disgaea 4: A promise revisited (better than the ps3 version in that it has all the DLC included and has 100s of hours worth of play). 

Depending on your tastes, the Hatsune Miku Project Diva (rhythm), Gravity Rush, Tales of Hearts (action rpg) and the Atelier series (there's quite a few of them, ~8 I think) are a few other good games.  

For more niche games, Digimon cyber sleuth, Stein's Gate and Psycho Pass (visual novel) are pretty good even if you haven't watched the anime. 

• Like 2

If you're into the series, World of Final Fantasy. Fun game, and a nice homage to the older games in the series, and if you get the physical version on the Vita, odds are pretty darn high you get the Day One edition with the extra DLC.

I'd also go with Dragon Quest Builders, which is a fusion of Minecraft and an RPG.

Lots of other solid games in this thread that I haven't played but will in the future (like Persona 4).

• Like 1

If you want to try something a little different, and kind of "artistic" I guess, give htoL#NiQ a shot. It's a pretty hard, dark puzzle game, with lovely graphics, beautiful OST and great story and story-telling.

If you like rhythm games, DJMax Technika Tune is a nice game with some very rewarding trophies.

Lastly, for some action, and also difficult trophies, Soul Sacrifice is a great game similar to Monster Hunter. 

Have fun!

• Like 1

Salt and Sanctuary is a very tough and rewarding action-platformer, and a must if you like the Dark Souls franchise.

Bastion is a wonderful story-driven isometric action game with some (very) light RPG elements and a wide variety of mechanically unique weapons to choose from. One of my favorite games of all time.

Gravity Rush is Gravity Rush, there's not really any explaining or comparing it. Vita's best [former] exclusive.

From all games I have played and in no particular order:

Games only available on Vita:

Killzone Mercenary

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Freedom Wars

Multiplatform either with shared or own trophy set:

Metal Gear Solid Collection

God of War Collection

Helldivers

I haven't played very many Vita games, but I'd recommend looking into these:

Persona 4 Golden

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (if you didn't play it on PS4 yet or the original on PS2) / Gravity Rush

I'd advise against Tearaway if you're annoyed by bad controls. Both the design and technical implementation of the controls ruined the experience for me. Not much fun to be stuck for 15 minutes because the rear touchpad refuses to work as supposed to. Can't forget the countless glitches either - getting stuck inside ground, suddenly dying when sliding down from the top of a small rock or walking against an obstacle. Without those issues the game would have been great as the presentation and ideas were really imaginative.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Nonary Games

Zero Time Dilemma

Virtue's Last Reward

Persona 4 Golden

And now that I posted this...

The additional list :awesome:

1) Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki FC EVOLUTION

2) Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki SC EVOLUTION

3) Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki TC EVOLUTION

:awesome::awesome::awesome: 

12 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I'd advise against Tearaway if you're annoyed by bad controls. Both the design and technical implementation of the controls ruined the experience for me. Not much fun to be stuck for 15 minutes because the rear touchpad refuses to work as supposed to. Can't forget the countless glitches either - getting stuck inside ground, suddenly dying when sliding down from the top of a small rock or walking against an obstacle. Without those issues the game would have been great as the presentation and ideas were really imaginative.

That's sad reading this. I never had any problems with Tearaway. It was perfect for Vita. Using all the features Vita has to the max :/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

12 hours ago, adventheorex said:

Hi guys,

So I was thinking of adding a Vita to go along with my PS4 and was wondering what games I should buy FIRST. I know most of you guys will probably ask what kind of games I prefer or whatnot, so I'll just clarify right off the bat that I play any and all kinds of games, and am (sort of) an up and coming trophy hunter.

Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated. I really am at a complete loss on what to get first ^^

hope youre a fucking weeb cause thats all vita got

12 hours ago, adventheorex said:

Hi guys,

Nice one, while I think the Vita lacks somethings, it's still a decent console.

So I just took a peek at your profile and it seems that you're into Action-RPG, Shooter and Fighting games. Would you say these three are your favourite genres when it comes to games? If so, I think these three games would be up your alley.

1. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fighting

2. Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Action Adventure with a bit of platforming

3. Killzone: Mercenary