What do you like most about trophy hunting?

Quink666

I'm not competitive at all or care about leader boards, scores, completion % etc... I like to get trophies as it gives a sense of achievement and it feels like getting the most out of the game and in some way mastering it. I only get trophies for games that I like and would not mind doing more than one run playthrough or putting the hours in. FF and the Tales series are two that I really make the effort to get the plats in. FFX, ToZ and ToS were the three that I couldn't plat though. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Completing the game 100% experiencing all parts of the game that I might have overlooked 

Building new social connections with other gamers when going for multiplayer trophies I have made friends that we play other games with now because of MP trophies.

Having a mark of completion giving extra dedication to my favourite titles (platinum trophy)

I like collecting useless things

• 3 months later...

I'd have to say the challenge. While the rewards are completely virtual and non existing, it nice to have some incentive to better myself at gaming. There are some modes or other stuff I'd have never bothered doing if it wasn't for trophies. I generally only try to platinum or 100% a game if I really enjoy playing it. 

Edited by Firefoxie
  • Like 3

Getting more out of the game, especially when they're fun trophies to go for! :) The Crash trilogy were fun to do! But for instance the stupid arse grinding trophy for AC:Syndicate where you have to hit things on the street with a cart.. *sigh*

And just the satisfaction after hours of gaming, seeing that lovely notification pop up that the platinum is yours! :D 

Aside from the trophies, I like the way the story of a game (if this applies to the game) is presented/narrated. About trophy hunting, I like that the game rewards me for acomplishing objectives. I like the popping of trophies on my console's or handheld's screen, specially when it's a challenge to earn them. I like the trophy art, I prefer trophies with complex images over simple ones. 

• 6 years later...

For me it's the community feeling of many people having a common goal be it co-op with your friends, boosting with new friends, talking, chatting everything about the hobby with people you know and don't know, and of course places like this, the trophy hunter mekka so to speak where you can talk about any game or niche part of trophy hunting be it ultra rares, completion, competetition, shovelware, trophy count, etc, etc.

To me it's what keeps pulling me back when i get worn out. Its nice having things in common with so many people even though we don't always agree on everything.

• Like 3

The satisfaction from it. I always liked the feeling of just seeing the trophy pop up. Even if I'm not activitely hunting a game, I still love seeing when I get a trophy.

It's just a fun thing that makes games even more exciting than they are already are. I also like that it's basically my 'gaming history' and I can see what I earned over the years.