Trophy thoughts?

rdhight

I guess there could be something hard hidden in there — one of the "defeat X" trophies refers to a hidden boss that only appears postgame on the hardest difficulty, or the like — but on the face of it, this looks like a very easy list that mostly comes naturally as you play. Interesting that there doesn't seem to be anything referring to maxing out a character or anything collection-based.

Now I'm really looking forward to this game. The marketing for it mentions a "fast pace, doesn't waste your time" philosophy, and these trophies seem to bear that out. I was watching a video of the first few minutes, and the "tutorial" is all of three fights long.

Also, I've never gotten to make one of these threads before. I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Edited by rdhight

Hard too tell if it still easy or not..........I'm annoyed that Europe has to wait a week longer too play this, when I pre ordered I could have sworn it said the 11th! And now last night when I checked the pre load it said unlocking in 8 days, still really looking forward too playing.

Here is what B.Stiernberg, one of the game's developers, said in a twitter conversation:

@bill_at_zeboyd How long do you think that it will take to unlock all of the trophies in the game?

Oh huh you know I'm not sure, but probably just a little longer than playing the game+side quests and a few little things

It won't be "hard" to get them, nothing obscure or convoluted or whtaever [sic]

Edited by mr2k_pdh
  • Like 2

What was said by Robert at Zeboyd Games on NeoGaf:

The general impression I got from asking around is that the people who care about achievements/trophies, don't want them to be very hard and the people who want a challenge, don't care much about achievements/trophies. So I'm just trying to give people what they want - if you like achievements, it's not too hard to get them all and if you want a challenge, well, have fun on some of these bosses on the highest difficulty mode with no grinding. :)

Actually a pretty interesting insight on trophies/achievements from an industry perspective.

• Like 3

I like to be challenged by a game but not have to grind for hours and hours simply for trophies. I'm fine with stuff like "beat the game on Insane" difficulty and I think every game should require at least finishing it on Normal to get the Platinum but don't make me pointlessly grind.

• Like 1

Played around 45 minutes last night... this game is adorable! It wields its retro/lo-res elements really well; they're not allowed to be a substitute for having fresh ideas. Still very early, but it may be the best pixel game I've played. Combat looks good. Combination of serious Blade Runner synths with jazzy music is really fun. Also, the hardest difficulty setting is a BEAST that will absolutely require you to use all tools at your disposal.

EDIT: Aaand apparently the PS4 build that went live was incomplete, and the update can destroy your save. That's kind of an enthusiasm-killer, even if you're just getting started.

Edited by rdhight
Zeboyd screwed up bad. Real bad.