RomanClaret

RomanClaret's Dispute

74 posts in this topic

Please give me any evidence of possibility of this "glitch", any post/video would help, anything.

There are hundreds of people, I mean really HUNDREDS (or thousands, if we count all FIFA09 players in PSN, not registred in PSNP), but all you can find - save cheating, only this.

3 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Occam's razer tells us that the simplest explanation is the rightest. We heard plenty of stories about "glitched" trophies and console before.

Your Occam's razor tells you a thousand people suddenly learned to sign protected files just to beat FIFA 09, and just as soon disappeared into the void they came from? Or could it be the trophy pops by accident, based on sloppy software programming. Especially, say, within a specific timeline when something like server authentication could be online while support for the content isn't.

Noone was caring for all this years. There was no need for signing of save file, cause FIFA09 didn't have this type of protection (like most of the games in that time), like MW2/CoD:Classic etc. save files. Just download - copy - launch the game - BINGO.

1 minute ago, ScooloV said:

Noone was caring for all this years. There was no need for signing of save file, cause FIFA09 didn't have this type of protection (like most of the games in that time), like MW2/CoD:Classic etc. save files. Just download - copy - launch the game - BINGO.

Considering you know a lot about how save games and CFW works why don't you enlighten me on the fact i found an account with your username on a Russian jailbreak forum last signed in June 26th 2012.

I don't speak russian but this is pretty interesting : http://www.psjailbreak.ru/user/ScooloV

I haven't read all, so this might have been said already, to be able to hack this trophy, you had to download a save AND win a standard online match. This is why so few hacked it after feb 8 2011, the day the server closed. Everyone after this date have used other tools, not the game save.

The reason why so many hacked this one trophy was because it was the only unobtainable trophy, BUT it was very easily hacked. To be honest, I doubt this trophy glitch-popped after the interactive servers closed, and that it didn't glitch until 2010 seems very unlikely. I bet if all players back to june 2009 are removed, there is going to be noticeable gap between the day of the server closure and the day the first game save showed up online

Edited by Bezenko

13 minutes ago, HallawMickey said:

a lot about how save games and CFW works

3JlxCva.png

That means "ReadOnly", cause all was doing there - mass trolling until I got banned.

I know a lot, because I have master degree in information security and in 2011 had the "Protection system of game consoles" qualification work. Please skip digging my private personal information. Anyway, here are some English translated scan.

3JlxVcs.jpg 3JlxYhQ.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bezenko said:

noticeable gap between the day of the server closure and the day the first game save showed up online

Lol, it is! First save appeared in mid of December 2009, from June 2009 to December 2009 there was almost dead silence (like 5-10 people got this trophy, but all of them are CFW users, I checked).

Edited by ScooloV

6 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Lol, it is! First save appeared in mid of December 2009, from June 2009 to December 2009 there was almost dead silence (like 5-10 people got this trophy, but all of them are CFW users, I checked).

Where do you see this? I can only see last 50.

8 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Please skip digging my private personal information.

Please skip creating flagging disputes against an innocent person.

3 minutes ago, Bezenko said:

I can only see last 50.

Check PM, there are some technical table to look through. I think this counts as a 100% proof that I'm right?)

1 minute ago, ScooloV said:

Check PM, there are some technical table to look through. I think this counts as a 100% proof that I'm right?)

If it's proof, why don't you post it here to help your own case? Then it can be used for or against 

Nah, whatever. Here is some parsing table I did with public PSN trophy API and NodeJS (and compared to psnprofiles.com, to exclude already banned ones)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NAq_ymqwyWsmImGR5jar3LUhIpi6qEsGZzeLZS4xMBM/edit - here is table for 90% of achievers (I was lazy to parse them all).

Look closely what happens after 3/06 (line 1333), there was NOONE for 3 months(!) aside from this  LAGalaxy23b guy (his trophy list is messed up, so I think he just CFW hacked it), then there were like 10 guys in september and then again NOTHING.

Only in mid-december that save file cheat became public and everyone started to use it daily.

If the game was "server glitchy", it wouldn't wait for 6 month, that's for sure.

Again, this confirms Bezenko words about this save file usage.

2 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Nah, whatever. Here is some parsing table I did with public PSN trophy API and NodeJS (and compared to psnprofiles.com, to exclude already banned ones)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NAq_ymqwyWsmImGR5jar3LUhIpi6qEsGZzeLZS4xMBM/edit - here is table for 90% of achievers (I was lazy to parse them all).

Look closely what happens after 3/06 (line 1333), there was NOONE for 3 months(!) aside from this  LAGalaxy23b guy (his trophy list is messed up, so I think he just CFW hacked it), then there were like 10 guys in september and then again NOTHING.

Only in mid-december that save file cheat became public and everyone started to use it daily.

If the game was "server glitchy", it wouldn't wait for 6 month, that's for sure.

Again, this confirms Bezenko words about this save file usage.

Wait September it dropped off? Isn't that when the new FIFA comes out every year? There's nothing to say the game is or isn't server glitchy, but if all it has to do it is a check of the save, and online was up, it could have checked the save eventually and popped the trophy

Edited by Pricey403

And noone never wrote about it, yeah yeah "glitchy FIFA09 servers" club.

Anyway I'm tired of this discussion, let the moderator decide who is right.

1 hour ago, Pricey403 said:

So if the hacked save file goes off of local data for unlocking the trophy, what's to stop Roman's save file from randomly being searched during an online game and the criteria being met? The exact same thing is how the hack works as you say yourself, and he played more than 5 matches legit. 

Randomly checked during online play? Uhm, I don't think this is how it works, knowing you can still pop it using the save. What that tells me is that once the requirements are met, it pops, and those requirements is saved on the save. And that seems to be the case for all the online trophies in FIFA09 when you can boot it up for them all to pop, even if the online is no longer accessible.

Edited by MMDE

31 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I'm sorry, but did you actually look at the link that you quoted? The evidence that ScooloV posted seems pretty damning to me, and should actually be addressed in a manner more satisfactorily than "well it *could* have just luckily glitched". I get that a lot of people around here know/like RomanClaret, but please try to remain objective. The number of people responding to this thread just to "vouch" for RomanClaret worries me. Special treatment for "friends" is an awful path that should be avoided.

Yeah, and Roman being an honest dude who normally would never cheat, especially not online etc, doesn't bear much weight. If he cheated in this case, all of that doesn't matter at all. And just to be clear here, we're not talking about cheating in some game, only that he booted up some save to get a trophy that was no longer available. It's also many years ago.

It seems to me perfectly believable that "hacked saves" or whatever you want to call them require some online condition to be met before the trophies are actually unlocked. It happens with other games where you need to first connect to the multiplayer or finish a game before your glitched or auto-popping trophy will pop. So I don't think the fact that the number drops off after the servers shut down is proof of OP's innocence at all. I have definitely switched to #TeamScooloV

Edited by mekktor

5 minutes ago, mekktor said:

It seems to me perfectly believable that "hacked saves" or whatever you want to call them require some online condition to be met before the trophies are actually unlocked. It happens with other games where you need to first connect to the multiplayer or finish a game before your glitched or auto-popping trophy will pop. So I don't think the fact that the number drops off after the servers shut down is proof of OP's innocence at all. I have definitely switched to #TeamScooloV

But some online condition isn't required here. Game's servers are down and you can still boot up the game with a save that has unlocked the trophies and get them.

EDIT:

I'm sure I misunderstood you! ;D I replied to something you must have said wrong or something.

Edited by MMDE

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

But some online condition isn't required here. Game's servers are down and you can still boot up the game with a save that has unlocked the trophies and get them.

Is this possible today using the same save file from back in 2009 though? Is it possible that the file used back then just contained save data where the criteria to unlock the trophy was met, while a newer save does something more advanced to bypass the online requirement?

Edit: I'm not sure you did misunderstand. If the same save file still unlocks trophies then what I said doesn't matter. Still, there is pretty convincing evidence that a save file was being used at the time the trophy in question was unlocked.

Edited by mekktor

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Nah, I think he's right -- you still had to win one online ranked match to unlock the trophy in question (see this tutorial video, for example).

To clarify, since there's a whole mess of information about this, here is the deal (as I understand it):

1. The "Real World Winner" trophy was tied to one particular online game mode. That online game mode was taken offline after about 2.5 months of the game's existence (June 3, 2009).

2. However, the rest of the online features of the game remained online until Feb. 8, 2011.

3. In December 2009, a save file appeared online that let you earn the Real World Winner trophy. This save file worked because the EA servers checked your save file to see if you met the required condition any time you won *any* online game. Since other game modes were still online, this save file worked to get the trophy. However, after the full server shutdown, even this save file could not be used to unlock the trophy.

7 minutes ago, mekktor said:

Is this possible today using the same save file from back in 2009 though? Is it possible that the file used back then just contained save data where the criteria to unlock the trophy was met, while a newer save does something more advanced to bypass the online requirement?

I've previously said I know nothing about FIFA 09, so what I say should probably be taken with a grain of salt. If it is the case that you stil needed to play another online game for it to unlock, then what I said was wrong. This doesn't change the fact that the information required is saved on the save file, because else it wouldn't work. Might just be the trigger to check if you've met the requirements is done after an online game is finished. Like, if "just finished online game" and "requirements met" then pop trophy.

Edited by MMDE

3 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Nah, I think he's right -- you still had to win one online ranked match to unlock the trophy in question (see this tutorial video, for example).

To clarify, since there's a whole mess of information about this, here is the deal (as I understand it):

1. The "Real World Winner" trophy was tied to one particular online game mode. That online game mode was taken offline after about 2.5 months of the game's existence (June 3, 2009).

2. However, the rest of the online features of the game remained online until Feb. 8, 2011.

3. In December 2009, a save file appeared online that let you earn the Real World Winner trophy. This save file worked because the EA servers checked your save file to see if you met the required condition any time you won *any* online game. Since other game modes were still online, this save file worked to get the trophy. However, after the full server shutdown, even this save file could not be used to unlock the trophy.

And this info would have been helpful from the get go. Instead of ScooloV using the argument that the servers were down, and he had 'proof', followed by endless circular arguing - well, presenting it this way from the get go would have been a lot more useful.

I sympathize with those who used this work around to obtain a botched trophy, but I support the decision that they should be flagged and removed unless they hide the game.

I also accept that the info provided seems to fully refute any other possible explanation.

I don't regret coming to the defense of a friend - at least (finally) the full information was presented.

I remain less than impressed by the method used. Unnecessary drama IMO.

3 hours ago, HallawMickey said:

Considering you know a lot about how save games and CFW works why don't you enlighten me on the fact i found an account with your username on a Russian jailbreak forum last signed in June 26th 2012.

I don't speak russian but this is pretty interesting : http://www.psjailbreak.ru/user/ScooloV

Game saves and CFW has been around for more than five years.  All it takes is Google.  Also, this will ultimately stay flagged.  It's unfortunate that this trophy was problematic.  I'm going through one with NBA 2K17 ATM.  Just hide it and move on.  This is why this three strike rule was implemented, for games like this (apparently) and SOCOM/FUEL.  How many more disputes will happen because of an 8 yr old game :facepalm: