What did you name the protagonist?

Eyjabria

Just curious. What did you name the protagonist? Did you go with a funny name or something serious?

I considered using some kind of a funny sounding old Finnish name for the main character but in the end went with an unoriginal choice of Akira Kurusu which I hear is the official name for him in the manga.

I actually sat there blindly for 20 minutes lol In persona 4 they didn't ask that.

So I went with "Yu" since it made the most sense to me. 

I forgot what the family name was... I'll update when I remember.

It's Adama, so Yu Adama(or Adama Yu depending on who you are ; ) ) 

(of course I forgot at the time about Battlestar Galactica orz. But now it pops into my head when I see the name orz ) 

On 4/9/2017 at 0:05 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm going to name him Dragon. 

You would :P

Edited by Dav9834
Remembered the last name

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I did the same on the first playthrough of Persona 4 Golden, afterwards I went with Yu Narukami.

Wait we named in persona golden? 

The heck did I name my character O_o

I don't remember giving him a name. 

Now I have to boot up p4g and see lol

Named mine "Fuck you", since that's usually what I write when someone forces me to sign a confession.

Restarted and named him something else though.

10 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I always look around for whatever their real name is, so in this case I named him "Akira Kurusu". :P

If Persona 4 is anything to go off of, the manga name won't stay canon for very long.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I always look around for whatever their real name is, so in this case I named him "Akira Kurusu". :P

16 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Akira Kurusu.

Is that his real name??? I looked but didn't find anything! 

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

Yeep.

I just did a google search on Persona 5 Protagonists name and saw Akira Kurusu. Checked google images and it was all artwork of the protagonist.

Edit: Let me also add I did get the game early so this information was out there before the game was localized.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 2

Just now, DuckSwimmer said:

Yeep.

I just did a google search on Persona 5 Protagonists name and saw Akira Kurusu. Checked google images and it was all artwork of the protagonist.

Damn

:facepalm:

Well I like Yu better anyway :shrug:

4 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I'm new to the series, so I looked some stuff up. Apparently that's his name in the manga. I also went with that name.

I named him the only correct and proper choice; Akira Kurusu. I'm someone who likes going with the canon name whenever possible. The same can be said with character creators too to some extent. Default male Shepard FTW!

I die a little inside when I see a westerner name the protagonist of a game set in Japan after themselves. It's just so out of place... The same goes for any "joke" names. But hey, whatever floats your boat. ?

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm going to name him Dragon. 

You seriously need to find a Japanese name xD

Naming everyone Dragon feels so bad xD 

3 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Is that his real name???

Until he gets another official name that is.

It's always problematic with Persona names.

Manga pretty much lives its own life =D

P3: Manga has Minato Arisato which eventually became more or less the official name (Minato does not have officially confirmed one) despite anime having Makoto Yuki

P4: Manga has Souji Seta which... became completely forgotten as he's been officially named Yu Narukami by his anime name. This is officially confirmed due to Persona 4 Arena. Per rule of even Personas, protagonist has an official name.

P5: Manga has Akira Kurusu which could be the similar case like P3 since anime special didn't name Joker. However, that could change if P5 gets full fledged series. But they may go odd Persona rule and not confirm actual official name.

Now what I'm talking about when I say even Persona and odd Persona.

P1: Manga has Naoya Toudou which is like Minato. Eventually becoming used without being official.

P2: At least this is one is easy. Tatsuya is Tatsuya.

Eh... now on topic, I guess? =D I didn't break the tradition and I used Satoshi Ookami. I can't play Persona without this name. I mean, it was Persona 3 that made me create this name.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami