Dr_Mayus

This game makes me sad :(

29 posts in this topic

I just shot a tiger in the face and then cut him open :(. Do any other animal lovers get really depressed playing this game :P?

Beyond that it is a great game :D

Yeah it is quite sad, the sound it makes when you're skinning the animal is quite graphic. Still its an awesome game :)

not as bad as, red dead redemption.

Really, I still have to play that one :(. Is there shooting dogs in the face and then cutting their entrails out in that one too?

sure is, horses, buffalo, plus to many more to mention

Lol, nope not at all. Primarily because they're not real animals :P

Plus when you skin them it doesn't actually remove their skin.

I just shot a tiger in the face and then cut him open :(. Do any other animal lovers get really depressed playing this game :P?

Wow, really? As a vegetarian that doesn't sound like fun to me, but at least it's just pixels and not the real thing. :rolleyes:

Wow, really? As a vegetarian that doesn't sound like fun to me, but at least it's just pixels and not the real thing. :rolleyes:

Hey Buddy xD

Yeah, often times I will be walking past some dogs and then they will attack me. I think to myself "I don't want to shoot you in the face but now I have to"

They might not be real, but they let out a real sad whine when you kill them :(

I personally hate killing animals in any game haha, but my god in movies I always tear up a bit when animals especially a dog dies. If a tiger is coming at me well then I won't mind decapitating it.

:)

I killed 2 Galapagos Tortoises, instant sadness. I won't bother any of the animals unless they start attacking me. If I can't outrun them, they must die.

But yes, it is sad-ish.

You're not skinning the people though...

its funny that you dont care about killing people in the game but killing animals is too much doesnt it 

And personally not really, only once or twice when I accidentally killed those innocent turtles :c

I don't like killing most animals in Far Cry. They're just being who they are.

I do make an exception for the honey badgers in FC4. Screw them.

The part i found sadder was having to play as such a total douchebag of a character. The best part of that game was getting to see all the horrible rich kid brats die on the island ;)

On 12/31/2012 at 10:50 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh yes. Killing a digital animal hurt my feels. /sarcasm

btw hope youre joking cuz i find “animal lovers” cringy and hypocritical. They get hurt killing animals in a video game but killing humans is aight to them. Lol

Edited by UlvenFenrir

Killing pixels never bothered me, and yet I somehow have never hurt a living soul in real life, lol.  What makes me sad about this game is the absolute garbage ending that made no sense that someone wrote while trippin balls once the game was already 95% done and decided this ridiculous excuse for a conclusion was anything other than outrageously terrible.  I was enjoying the game up until pretty much the final boss fight, and then everyone at Ubi dropped acid and shot heroine in unison and all hell broke loose.  At least the entire story in 4 was garbage (though I appreciate the incredibly obvious twist that I guessed about 15 minutes into the game) so we weren't let down just at the end, but the stories in this series are what makes me sad, they're always so mediocre.

I'm vegetarian and have no problem killing animals in video games (providing it isn't set up in an emotional way) because it's not real although I don't go out of my way to do so, only for crafting materials, self defence or if there's a trophy.

34 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

Killing pixels never bothered me, and yet I somehow have never hurt a living soul in real life, lol.  What makes me sad about this game is the absolute garbage ending that made no sense that someone wrote while trippin balls once the game was already 95% done and decided this ridiculous excuse for a conclusion was anything other than outrageously terrible.  I was enjoying the game up until pretty much the final boss fight, and then everyone at Ubi dropped acid and shot heroine in unison and all hell broke loose.  At least the entire story in 4 was garbage (though I appreciate the incredibly obvious twist that I guessed about 15 minutes into the game) so we weren't let down just at the end, but the stories in this series are what makes me sad, they're always so mediocre.

In fairness, the ending can actually make prefect sense, but only if you choose the correct one i.e. the ending no one else seems to have done.

that ending gives a proper, thematic end for all the middle-class white kids, and works from a dramatic point of view.

I remember discussing the ending with some other people at the time it was first out (it was a very popular game among the young engineers  I worked with at the time) and being absolutely dumbfounded that anyone would choose the other ending than the one I did... then realising I was literally the only one who went that way with the choice.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that I was also the only one who thought the ending was good...

At the first tigers I had a bad feeling. But after being bitten to death the 10th time while trying to take down an outpost, I started hating these damn beasts.