Dishonored Definitive Edition digital giveaway!!!

AARCT1C

50 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

MattyH16 has asked me to give an update as to what has happened with this giveaway.

The winning number has indeed been guessed, however I noticed that the "winner" had been using multiple accounts with the same IP address to gain extra guesses per day. I sent Matty a PM informing him of this and he wasn't happy about giving the prize to this person. The winning number had also been guessed a 2nd time, so there is a "runner-up" that Matty would prefer to give the prize to instead. The delay in announcing this was due to investigating and confirming the foul play.

Hopefully Matty will be on shortly to announce the real winner of the giveaway.

So,you know the number,right? 

EDIT.Well,if we have a competition like this again,one of the rules should be that only members who joined before the creation of the thread can participate.It's easy to see when anyone joined

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

So,you know the number,right? 

EDIT.Well,if we have a competition like this again,one of the rules should be that only members who joined before the creation of the thread can participate.It's easy to see when anyone joined

Except lots of people will have alt accounts on the site already. Something like what @EpicNogg4 says, with post count, is probably better though there still will be people that post on multiple accounts.

• Like 1

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Except lots of people will have alt accounts on the site already. Something like what @EpicNogg4 says, with post count, is probably better though there still will be people that post on multiple accounts.

People will create many accounts just in case this happens again? Well,it's not impossible but isn't it excessive? Anyway,about this one,it's bad news for anyone who created a spreadsheet and erase every answered number :facepalm:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

People will create many accounts just in case this happens again? Well,it's not impossible but isn't it excessive? Anyway,about this one,it's bad news for anyone who created a spreadsheet and erase every answered number :facepalm:

I didn't mean create just in case for events like this (though no doubt it happens), I just meant they'd have them on here already.

13 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

Firstly I would like to congratulate sephiroth4424 for correctly and validly guessing the number 950. Secondly I apologise for the delay. Thirdly I would like to thank everyone who participated, I am grateful for the support you have given me and my giveaway. I chose to make it a bit of a game instead of doing a random number generator because I wanted to do something that could get the community involved and maybe having a little fun at the same time. I think I've done that based on many of the comments on the thread, so I'm glad that part worked out well.

Now I'm curious. Didn't you state somewhere that the number had a special to you? If so, I'm curious and want to know if you might share the meaning with us, pretty please? ;)

And like the judge said, don't let this deter you. It's surely a nice idea of doing a giveaway as compared to the typical RNG-thingy some users are using (me included). Sadly there are some idiots who spoil the fun.

And before I forget:
Congrats to sephiroth4424!

• Like 2

@MattyH16 Cheaters gonna cheat, don't let a few bad apples keep you from doing good stuff. as @grimydawg and @EpicNogg4 said, a minimum post count could work (and with a high ost count you'd be promoting site traffic). And if all else fails, just ask @Stevieboy to check if the IP of the winners turns up on other posts :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MattyH16 said:

Hi all,

Welcome to the final day of my giveaway and my last update.

Firstly I would like to congratulate sephiroth4424 for correctly and validly guessing the number 950. Secondly I apologise for the delay. Thirdly I would like to thank everyone who participated, I am grateful for the support you have given me and my giveaway. I chose to make it a bit of a game instead of doing a random number generator because I wanted to do something that could get the community involved and maybe having a little fun at the same time. I think I've done that based on many of the comments on the thread, so I'm glad that part worked out well.

I'm pretty happy with how most of the event has played out, I definitely have a couple of things to improve and work on before I host another giveaway. I will certainly be reaching out to a moderator beforehand if I do anything similar to ensure fairness. I will be open to suggestions and ideas for rules/hints etc should I get the chance to host another event.

I hope you all had as much fun as I did, Once again, congratulations sephiroth, I hope you enjoy the game. Thank you all for participating and have a great week of trophy hunting!

Matt

Thank you Matt.(i would like your post but i can't).This is the first time i win everything.As i wrote you in the pm,all that's left is to confirm i can play the game beacuse i'm from a different region.If i can't, you should give it to someone from your region that guessed a number closer to 950

Edited by sephiroth4424

9 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Thank you Matt.(i would like your post but i can't).This is the first time i win everything.As i wrote you in the pm,all that's left is to confirm i can play the game beacuse i'm from a different region.If i can't, you should give it to someone from your region that guessed a number closer to 950

Make a new account for the correct region, keep it on your PS4 while you play the game on your main account :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The game will be available for my normal id even if i download it with a dummy id?

2 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

You may have to make the dummy account your main PS4, just in case.  You shouldn't have any problems, though.

Like @grimydawg said, yes it will work, but only if you leave the account with which you downloaded the game on your PS4 (because that's the account with the rights to the game).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The PSN-store for Australia and Greece are both part of Sony Europe's realm so you should have no problem redeeming the code on your main account. Codes for games normally work for all stores that fall under the realm of one of the subsidiaries (Europe, America, Southeast Asia, Japan), only the codes from the topup-cards are tied to one specific country (e.g. you can't use a greek topup-code to increase your funds on a spanish PSN-account, although both have the Euro as currency).

• Like 1