This game sucks.

I presumed this was an add on for Saints Row IV and we could continue with pur characters or atleast create a new one. Playing as these two clowns the whole time is agonizing. Cant play this rubbish for longer than 30 minutes without feeling bored it has NONE of the elements that make open world games good. 

It wasn't saints row 3 caliber for sure. Not even saint row 4 but for PS4 this game wasn't terrible. However when it comes to the PS3 counterpart I have to agree, it is just terrible. I would suggest playing with a friend, it makes it a lot more fun in my opinion. But it has to be a nice friend because you know I'm playing as johnny gatt! How dare you call him a clown! But as stated above if you don't enjoy the game then don't play it. The whole point of a hobby such as gaming is to be fun and enjoyable.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Yeah, creating a thread to spark discussion certainly isn't the point of the forum, I agree.

Is that sarcasm I detect? :P I don't see how this is "sparking discussion". He's having a one-sided rant. Not really much to say in response.

• Like 2

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Is that sarcasm I detect? :P I don't see how this is "sparking discussion". He's having a one-sided rant. Not really much to say in response.

As a patron who has started multiple "This game sucks" threads, I'm gonna side with madbuk here. I personally would have liked more reasons as to why this game sucks, but sometimes, people need to hear another side (too often, the game forums turn into fanboy showcases).

• Like 4

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

He could've done it better, but now people can give counter points as to why the game is actually good and then the discussion will take off from there.

Personally I haven't played it yet, downloaded it when it was on PS+ and never got around to actually starting it, so I can't speak about the quality myself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

He could've done it better, but now people can give counter points as to why the game is actually good and then the discussion will take off from there.

Personally I haven't played it yet, downloaded it when it was on PS+ and never got around to actually starting it, so I can't speak about the quality myself.

To me, it sounds like he's already made his mind up about the game. I doubt anyone is going to be able to convince him to change his mind, but if someone's up to the challenge, by all means, go ahead. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

To me, it sounds like he's already made his mind up about the game. I doubt anyone is going to be able to convince him to change his mind, but if someone's up to the challenge, by all means, go ahead. :P

That might be true, but to another poster, having pros and cons in front of them can still be a useful resource.

• Like 2

I honestly don't remember Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell particularly sucking, with the exception of a 3 hour co-op trophy.

The first thing that I don't find encouraging is the presumption that it was DLC for Saints Row 4. I just feel that if you looked at the box for Re-Elected Edition or the digital product page, it would've been clear enough that it was a stand alone adventure.

The other thing is given what we had to go on, character creation is the sole definition of open world games? Sorry, but you can run at high speed, fly everywhere, use a variety of different weapons including a chair that has MGs and fires rockets, curbstomp a black hole and surf on a comet.

Oh boo hoo, collectible run. Ain't nobody got time for that.

• Like 1

I had fun with this game.....but had SR ever been srs gameplay? I never really had played anything besides IV and GOOH. That next Mayhem game whatever loooks sweeet! Im rdy to visit the SR universe again!

I agree. I thought this game was pure garbage. Extremely repetitive and constantly froze on me. One freeze even corrupted my savefile,  thank fuck for cloud saves. The gameplay was the exact same as SR4 but with way less variety in missions. Worst in the series. Other than the first game.

• 2 months later...

In my opinion this game was quite good, considering its just a dlc to Saints Row IV and not a full fledged Saints Row title it has quite a lot of content. Activities are fun to do, new gameplay mechanics since now you can fly and whole new island to explore. The only thing that may have actually sucked in this game are the grindy requirements for all challanges if going for the plat.

On 4/11/2017 at 0:27 AM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

had SR ever been srs gameplay?

Yeah, SR1 and SR2 were more along the lines of the GTA series. They had their comedic moments, sure, but they were considerably less goofy. SR3 is when the series started to shift into more of a Wacky Comedy™. imo, all the SR games are a lot of fun.

5 hours ago, GlennRhee said:

Yeah, SR1 and SR2 were more along the lines of the GTA series. They had their comedic moments, sure, but they were considerably less goofy. SR3 is when the series started to shift into more of a Wacky Comedy2122.png. imo, all the SR games are a lot of fun.

Yup, I really enjoy the series. Definitely my sorta wacky game. I usually never have a sense of humor but these games get me everytime. Guess I got that dirty mind sense of humor ^^; It's in the gutter but whatever. haha.

• 3 years later...
On 10/4/2017 at 2:48 PM, GRITTY_PITTY said:

I presumed this was an add on for Saints Row IV and we could continue with pur characters or atleast create a new one. Playing as these two clowns the whole time is agonizing. Cant play this rubbish for longer than 30 minutes without feeling bored it has NONE of the elements that make open world games good. 

How dare you to call Johnny... a clown!? Now i'm mad! 

And... EVEN KINZIE!!!???

jAN_4R.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having just played this and IV, I can say Gat out of Hell is a huge step down. I enjoyed the game, especially the improved superhero mechanics. Flying felt a whole lot nicer than jumping in IV. 

That said, Gat and Kinzie really showcase why they work as side characters and not main ones. Gat particularly is two-dimensional. 

Also, I just want to vent my frustration on that stupid Double Trouble trophy. That was probably the worst online trophy I've done lol. 

Edited by ThatMuttGuy
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Saints row 2 was the last game in the franchise i liked tbh.

Celebrity bullshit in the 3rd one

Aliens in the 4th one

Demons in this one 

Hell, you think this game has clowns? Maybe we will get a whole damned circus in the next one.

They oughta just reboot the whole damned thing. This isn’t the only game in the series that is shitty.