Don't Break The Chain (A Trophy A Day)

Why not, I'll try. A trophy each day seems reasonable except offcourse when I'm not at home (vacation or stuff like that). I'll start today and post my first won trophy here every day (for as long as I can keep the chain going), lets see who gets the longest chain ;)

Even though it isn't a competition having multiple participants might help motivate

My best so far is 248 days according to TrueTrophies.  It's one of those easier said than done things though because you'll need to have some games around you can play for a bit and earn a trophy in easily to make up for those times when you have a game with a longer grindy trophy or a large space between earning storyline trophies.  Telltale games, VNs and easier puzzle games can be good for that sort of thing if you just take them slow and earn a trophy at a time to keep a streak going while playing longer games that may not net you a trophy a day.

• Like 2

i like this idea, i am also a member of true trophys :) currently standing at 88 days, but this is not what you was asking for, so il give you what you ask for :) and il keep a mental note on my streak to hehehe

DAYS: 88

TROPHY: no longer a rookie

GAME: ace combat: infinity

i fear this games going to kill my streak but il try and keep it running as long as i can, and if i get stuck, i guess il add another game like invizamals :)

also i like the calander thing so il see if i can get one from work :) mebe once the years done we could post pictures of the chain :), just a thought

Edited by Perfect_Sinn

Cool stuff, I won't get that far though because I have some weekends away coming up where I won't be able to do PlayStation gaming (that's what my Switch is for). My longest chain was 88 days, I believe (because I remember making Back To The Future jokes).

My current streak is going since April 6, last trophy before that was on April 1 (and in between, I only played Witcher III without getting trophies):

5S1c2c7b.png  57S264f24.png  27Se5d6e6.png  3S0f04c4.png  33Sfb6540.png

Trophies I've chosen for this list are not first or last of the day or whatever, just icons that looked like fun to use.

On second thought, seeing how busy the next weeks are for me, I'll be lucky if I get to 20 xD Hey, someone has to fail miserable to make the other participants look good!

I might get a longer streak starting after the summer holiday though.

@NebbyLunala, are you going to list participants in the OP and if so, are you going to order them on current streak or on highest streak obtained during this event/contest?

Anyway, I'm on a five day streak right now.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

You know what, I'll post my progress here. I'll count today as day 1 and post my progress here. I won't post all of the trophies I've earned because I might end up just pooling it all in one post, then forget to post them in the first place. 

Day 1: 

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2

:gold: The Blood of Many...

Finished the Conquest ending route

Edited by Edunstar84

Goodluck to you all, it can become quite addictive, personally I decided to stop looking at that statistic last year. I favour hitting a certain amount of Points per month now. Prefer the freedom of having trophy crazy days when I feel like it now. If a streak runs up so be it ............ Ironically I am on 54 days / 1266 trophies now. 

Still it is quite a challenge especially over the year, look forward to following along

Edited by cjshaitan

Day 1: April 11th 2017

37L09968a.png

Relic Runner :bronze: in Knack

I was actually going for another trophy but I doubt if I'd have enough time to get that one today so I switched to Knack to pick up this easy trophy to start my chain. I started Knack in the KYC3 event and liked it right away. Having finished the main story and picked up most of the trophies the game has become quite grindy but there are still some 'easy' trophies to pick up like this one.

I've tried it before and it caused me to add a lot games to my profile in order to keep up the chain. It helps with numbers, but screws over your completion. You may not be into completion and that's ok. Just thought I'd throw this lesson learned out there in case anyone may change their mind later in the future.

What do you do if you find yourself short on time and the game that you're currently playing doesn't have an easily obtainable trophy that can be earned today? Do you pop in that new game to get your quota or do you continue to grind away at that time consuming trophy? Sooner or later, you're going to end up with a bunch of unfinished games with time consuming trophies if you choose to keep up with your quota.

Some people are able to game hop. Some may even enjoy the variety of it. It's never been my thing. I'd rather finish what I'm playing before moving on because I know that I may not want to come back and just put it off forever. 

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, according to that site, someone has an ongoing 1546-day streak at the moment :o.

Damn, that is very impressive. Off the top of my head I've only gone on a 2 month streak. Then I decided to play a game where ~85% of the trophies are ultra rare and really grindy (EDF 2025) so I lost my streak.

Edited by The_Blackout_Kid

Neat idea for a thread.  I'm on a 568 day streak right now according to TrueTrophies.  It's just become a habit over time, although I rely on fallback games (like Telltale adventures) on bad days.

I agree with @Rowdi's comments on the downside though - sometimes I don't play longer games that I might prefer, just because I wouldn't be able to win a trophy in the time available that day, and it's not great for completion.  (Maybe I should learn from their example and try and focus more...)

I'll try and chime in with some updates here along the way. ?

Edited by Fitzquaid

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@NebbyLunala, are you going to list participants in the OP and if so, are you going to order them on current streak or on highest streak obtained during this event/contest?

Anyway, I'm on a five day streak right now.

3 hours ago, peppi_wayne said:

Good luck to all participants! I won't join because on quite a lot of days I'm not able to play on my ps4, so I would fail probably next week. If I ever get a vita or a new handheld console from Sony (?), I will try to build a chain.

This isn't an official event, it's a place for moral support. I'm not asking people to list how long they've gone without not earning trophies, I only ask them to list the trophies they earn each day. I don't think I could ever get to work on my own trophies if I had to locate and list everyone and how long they've been going. If you want to boast on your 'chains' that's fine but I'm not asking you to do so. ;)

I didn't realized that TrueTrophies had an app that tracked how long you've gone without earning trophies or how long you have going without earning them. I only used that site once when PSNProfiles was down.

After this I need to take a shower and then get started on my own progress. I'm going to motivate myself to try to get some nasty trophies which are like unwanted pimples on the roof of your mouth.

Edited by NebbyLunala

5 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

that's what your Vita should have been for, plus you could've kept the streak going ; )

Fixed :)

Bought the Vita for the PS+ games, to have something to play on holidays but I barely used it because games I started would get ignored once I got home. The Switch is really an improvement in that regard, being able to continue on the gamed I'm doing on the television at home when I'm away.

I know, the Vita technically has that option, but I never was comfortable enough to use that online PS4 connection (and the PS4 Vita controls were even more painful for my hands than the regular Vita controls).

23 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

This isn't an official event, it's a place for moral support. I'm not asking people to list how long they've gone without not earning trophies, I only ask them to list the trophies they earn each day. I don't think I could ever get to work on my own trophies if I had to locate and list everyone and how long they've been going. If you want to boast on your 'chains' that's fine but I'm not asking you to do so. ;)

That's a shame, I was hoping for something a wee bit more official. Nothing contest-y or prize-y, but the thread is in the event forum after all and not in the PSN forum so I expected more than just listing streaks.

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

That's a shame, I was hoping for something a wee bit more official. Nothing contest-y or prize-y, but the thread is in the event forum after all and not in the PSN forum so I expected more than just listing streaks.

they did state that right from the start, but you know what, you yourself could make it into an event/contest i would join in as that is what im doing anyways hehehe,i say go for it

6 minutes ago, Perfect_Sinn said:

they did state that right from the start, but you know what, you yourself could make it into an event/contest i would join in as that is what im doing anyways hehehe,i say go for it

Yeah I misinterpreted the OP because of the forum it was in, I'm prepared to take full responsibility for that.

I won't create such an event myself because I could never keep a streak going myself, already running three other events :)

27 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah I misinterpreted the OP because of the forum it was in, I'm prepared to take full responsibility for that.

I won't create such an event myself because I could never keep a streak going myself, already running three other events :)

ahhhhhh, thats understandable :) good luck on your other events mate :)

7 hours ago, Rowdi said:

I've tried it before and it caused me to add a lot games to my profile in order to keep up the chain. It helps with numbers, but screws over your completion. You may not be into completion and that's ok. Just thought I'd throw this lesson learned out there in case anyone may change their mind later in the future.

What do you do if you find yourself short on time and the game that you're currently playing doesn't have an easily obtainable trophy that can be earned today? Do you pop in that new game to get your quota or do you continue to grind away at that time consuming trophy? Sooner or later, you're going to end up with a bunch of unfinished games with time consuming trophies if you choose to keep up with your quota.

Some people are able to game hop. Some may even enjoy the variety of it. It's never been my thing. I'd rather finish what I'm playing before moving on because I know that I may not want to come back and just put it off forever. 

I give a thumb up to people who can stick to one game at a time. If the game is interesting enough I can. LIke Horizon Zero Dawn. that is all I played and managed to earn a trophy everyday I played it. Right now I am in a game hoping mood because I am trying to play games I started so I can bring up my completion. Plus I have been doing DLC for some games I platinum a while back.

• Like 2