Don't Break The Chain (A Trophy A Day)

14Lfc4275.png Yeah, go ahead and make fun of me. I'm a humble cat. ?

So yeah, the game I swore never to touch is now on my account. I platted My Name Is Mayo for one reason and one reason alone, above all else: There are very few cheap options for the Vita. I also have Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom on my Vita too, but that is for the Summer Backlog Challenge next month. :(

EDIT: I am a scrub. I just platinumed the PS4 version of this game too, stupid cross-buy! My only stacking platinum.

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I ended the streak on 15 days, 12 games, 200 trophies, 4 platinums, 5 story finishes, 2 milestones (6K trophies, fastest platinum).

1S107813.png  26Sbc01fb.png  9Sec0087.png  12S37a336.png  15S9550f3.png  35S4681fa.png  5Sba5de5.png  1Sa32875.png  33S560537.png  10S5318b7.png  11Sf00dc1.png  24S537133.png  26S6a7b0b.png  44S3e9e22.png  52Sbd3cc8.png

After that I finished Specter Of Torment on the Switch and I played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe exclusively for a while. 2nd of May was the start of my new streak, where I finished the main story of The Witcher III, completed all of Horizon Zero Dawn, and did some random trophy stuff in The Witcher III before starting its DLC.

New streak: 9 days, 2 games, 74 trophies, 1 platinum, 1 story finish.

4S744f24.png  24S45aed7.png  9S7adf12.png  20S05b9e2.png  53S9b4f51.png  45Sc60b2c.png  56S76d9ad.png  1S848de1.png  20S27f97d.png

I honestly wish I had your strength of will, Billy. That is quite impressive! :D

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

For fuck's sake, I haven't even completed Everybody's Gone To The Rapture yet though that's trivially easy and would just take an afternoon of gaming with a guide next to me.

For God's sake, why haven't you yet?!? That was my first platinum and it's a very beautiful game!!!

J/K. :) I know how hard it is to get up the motive to sit down at your PS4 and just play when other things can distract you. I am guilty of that too, just wasting time with watching Youtube videos all day, and with the new Re:ZERO event going on in Maplestory which rewards you for making a new character and leveling it to Level 180, I'm going to have less time for other games. I should just uninstall Maplestory and stick with console games, but it's so beautiful and I don't have to pay to explore everywhere! :(

That is why I made this thread, to encourage players to earn a single trophy each day. That's all asked of you - earn just one trophy each day. It can be a crappy bronze, it doesn't matter. By having you earn a trophy each day, you slowly chip at the platinums. In the immortal words of Confucius, "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single kick-ass tag."

No wait, wrong person. Sorry, just platted inFAMOUS Second Son. xD

Edited by MidnightCJ

On another note, I have decided, against better judgement on my bank account, to renew my 1-game-at-a-time GameFly account. I learned that I have been erroneously mislabeling my address so the middle two numbers are flipped, which means that stuff that was addressed to my account are getting delivered to some Chinese restaurant down the road so they get returned to sender. ?

My dad told me that I should stop buying games and PSN game cards as there is no point to buy a game just for the platinum, so I am going to stick to a few titles in my library I like and rent the rest.

Day 3 - May11th

1st Trophy

14Lec90c7.png

Journeyman Treasure Hunter:bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

All Trophies from May 11th

Journeyman Treasure Hunter:bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Hero of the Day :bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Let loose the Ghost of War:bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Frenzied Fores Spirit:bronze:  - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Day 31, May 11th 2017

1st trophy:

10L23d831.png

Call To Action :bronze: from Loadout

All trophies won on the 11th:

Loadout:

Call To Action :bronze:

Wolfenstein: The New Order:

All that glitters :bronze:

While continuing to work on Wolfenstein (now trying to get all collectables) I threw in a trophy from another game: Loadout. A grindy game that one day I hope to 100%, not that hard to do (I guess, because the campaign missions are really becoming hard now) but very grindy and very repetitive, that must be the reason why most trophies are UR!

8L38df52.png

Devil on Your Shoulder.

So I never wanted to taint my account with a Telltale Game, but since Tales From The Borderlands was free on PS Plus, I downloaded and I ended up playing it. Turns out that the game isn't just quickly choosing options in dialogue and actions - you have QUICK TIME EVENTS. I am so glad I have some skill in the QTEs or I'd been killing the characters a lot. Pandora is not kind. (Ironic: The place is named after an ancient Greek myth about a woman who opened a box that released all the evils in the world, and considered the Vaults holding demons in them, I think the people who created the games were basing it off of this ancient myth. ^_^) I've completed Episode 1.

2 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

8L38df52.png

Devil on Your Shoulder.

So I never wanted to taint my account with a Telltale Game....

Why would it be tainting? :blink:  Some of the Telltale Games have some interesting stories (especially Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands)  They are certainly no worse than My Name is Mayo :lol:

On topic, currently at around a 6 day streak...I don't tend to maintain for very long as I get preoccupied with other things outside of gaming or play a long grindy game where trophies are few and far between.

May 6th: 4 trophies from Type: Rider

May 7th: 3 trophies from Type: Rider

May 8th: 5 trophies from Type: Rider (now 100% complete)

May 9th: 2 trophies from Steins Gate

May 10th: 1 trophy from KH: CoM and 8 trophies from Steins Gate

May 11th: 1 trophy from KH: CoM and 2 trophies from Steins Gate

Will probably continue to post if I manage to maintain my streak :dunno:

1 minute ago, Rach said:

Why would it be tainting? :blink:  Some of the Telltale Games have some interesting stories (especially Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands)  They are certainly no worse than My Name is Mayo :lol:

You HAVE a point. I played with the sound off, but I did have subtitles on and the story for the first chapter was pretty interesting. I will have to play a chapter a day, though - it took two hours watching that whole thing and such and there are five more to go. I guess TffB isn't bad, made me a little more interested in Pandora, but not enough to plat the Borderlands collection.

Good luck on your streak, by the way. ;)

Only just noticed this thread (I don't visit this sub-forum much lol), seemed like a neat idea though. I'm currently on day 11.

Day 10 - 12th May 2017

Trophies earned: 6

8S0f0f15.png6Sf025ae.png2Sde0cb6.png5Sec8468.png7Sf6360b.png1S950f69.png

Spoiler

• :bronze: Behind the Scenes :bronze: - Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (Unlock all Backgrounds)
  • :bronze: Avatar Hunter :bronze: - Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (Unlock all Avatars)
  • :silver: Professional Fortune Hunter :silver: - Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (Complete each Fortune Hunter match at least once)
  • :bronze: Baby Got Back :bronze: - Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (Unlock all Card Backings)
  • :bronze: Card Collector :bronze: - Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (Unlock all Cards)
  • :gold: Master Fortune Hunter :gold: - Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (Unlock everything in Uncharted Fight for Fortune)

On 5/13/2017 at 4:50 PM, Rach said:

Day 7 - May 12th 2017

Trophies earned:

• Butterfly Effect's Divergence :bronze: - Steins Gate
  • Identity of Complete Isolation :bronze: - Steins Gate

Welcome to the roller-coaster you'll never want to get off :awesome:

Edited by madbuk

Did my first playthrough of Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart. I failed to get "Nay, Sir" because I had to skip the puzzle involving trade ships, as it doesn't have a reset button. ? I'll be following a strict video guide for my Expert run to get all of the puzzles without skipping, then I have to do a third playthrough to do the Mahjong puzzles...

Trophies Earned:

2S0a5514.png4S11d38b.png6S1f219e.png8S5bbc7e.png10S70ca49.png12Sfda1be.png13S43f7a6.png15S7b1358.png

Day 11 - 13th May 2017

33Sf71b33.png28S4ee6db.png12Sfbb9b4.png21Se8e628.png13Sef763f.png32S822560.png

Spoiler

• :bronze: Three-star Chef :bronze: - Dragon's Crown (Score over 50,000 points during camp.)
  • :bronze: Insatiable Adventurer :bronze: - Dragon's Crown (Clear all 9 rounds in the Labyrinth without returning to town.)
  • :bronze: Talismaster :bronze: - Dragon's Crown (Obtain all the talismans.)
  • :bronze: Vanquisher :bronze: - Dragon's Crown (Defeat the Ancient Dragon within 2 minutes on Normal.)
  • :bronze: Fantastic Fighter :bronze: - Dragon's Crown (Complete the game as a Fighter.)
  • :bronze: King of the Colosseum :bronze: - Dragon's Crown (Be the champion of the colosseum ten time.)

On 5/13/2017 at 10:12 PM, MidnightCJ said:

Did my first playthrough of Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart. I failed to get "Nay, Sir" because I had to skip the puzzle involving trade ships, as it doesn't have a reset button. 1f612.png I'll be following a strict video guide for my Expert run to get all of the puzzles without skipping, then I have to do a third playthrough to do the Mahjong puzzles...

Trophies Earned:

2S0a5514.png4S11d38b.png6S1f219e.png8S5bbc7e.png10S70ca49.png12Sfda1be.png13S43f7a6.png15S7b1358.png

Couldn't you have just moved the ships back to their starting position, or did it glitch somehow? I had to restart because a HOG puzzle never appeared so I couldn't get an item to progress -_-

Edited by madbuk

3 hours ago, madbuk said:

Couldn't you have just moved the ships back to their starting position, or did it glitch somehow? I had to restart because a HOG puzzle never appeared so I couldn't get an item to progress -_-

Ignore what I said - I finally got the puzzle to work and actually got the trophy on a second playthrough while going for the Mahjong trophies; seems the trophy counts if you had to skip a puzzle on one playthrough and then don't do so on the second, although I didn't skip any of the puzzles on the second playthrough up to that point either. Now I just have to beat a game of Mahjong in under a minute. Fun times.

Day 8 - May 13th 2017

9Sc5aca7.png 39Sd4fd1b.png 21Sc33fc2.png 37S67a1d2.png 32Scf1f76.png 7Sc26707.png

• Veggie Master :bronze: - Kingdom Hearts: CoM 
  • Warrior Girls Pride :bronze: - Steins Gate
  • 25% CG Achievement :silver: - Steins Gate
  • Discontinuous Qualia :bronze: - Steins Gate
  • Hero of RaiNet :silver: - Steins Gate
  • Chaos Theory Homeostasis :bronze: - Steins Gate

1 hour ago, Rach said:

Day 8 - May 13th 2017

9Sc5aca7.png 39Sd4fd1b.png 21Sc33fc2.png 37S67a1d2.png 32Scf1f76.png 7Sc26707.png

• Veggie Master :bronze: - Kingdom Hearts: CoM 
  • Warrior Girls Pride :bronze: - Steins Gate
  • 25% CG Achievement :silver: - Steins Gate
  • Discontinuous Qualia :bronze: - Steins Gate
  • Hero of RaiNet :silver: - Steins Gate
  • Chaos Theory Homeostasis :bronze: - Steins Gate

Nice job getting Veggie Master! That is going to be Hell for me when I have to do that game, lolz. xD

Anyways, I just Tile Time in Nightmares of the Cursed Heart. It took three tries but I eventually got it. Now getting through the Expert run and then the Bonus Chapter for the plat. :)

Just now, MidnightCJ said:

Nice job getting Veggie Master! That is going to be Hell for me when I have to do that game, lolz. xD

Anyways, I just Tile Time in Nightmares of the Cursed Heart. It took three tries but I eventually got it. Now getting through the Expert run and then the Bonus Chapter for the plat. :)

It turned out not actually that bad.  I got it on my 4th attempt and was just calm and patient, watching a few videos beforehand helped as it allowed me to get into a good rhythm.  Ended up with a score of 222 by the time I had finished ^_^  That was the only thing I was concerned about holding me back from getting the platinum, just got to finish getting Riku up to level 99, 2 playthroughs for Sora and some misc stuff left.  You'll be doing the PS4 version right?  At least you have the benefit of the difficulties stacking :)

1 minute ago, Rach said:

It turned out not actually that bad.  I got it on my 4th attempt and was just calm and patient, watching a few videos beforehand helped as it allowed me to get into a good rhythm.  Ended up with a score of 222 by the time I had finished ^_^  That was the only thing I was concerned about holding me back from getting the platinum, just got to finish getting Riku up to level 99, 2 playthroughs for Sora and some misc stuff left.  You'll be doing the PS4 version right?  At least you have the benefit of the difficulties stacking :)

You're doing the PS3 Remixes? I would say I pity you but I don't want to sound condescending. Good luck on that! ^_^

1L744064.png

So finally got the Platinum for Nightmares of the Deep: The Cursed Heart, and it was fun despite the Mahjong trophies. ^_^

That's my 19th platinum so I will have to be careful what I do for my 20th. Every 20th and 25th platinum is special so I don't want to throw it away on a trash platinum.

Trophies Earned:

16Sac72a8.png Aye, Captain! (Complete the game on Expert difficulty)

14S05e903.pngRuler of the Seas (Complete the bonus chapter)

1Se932ac.pngPlatinum (obtain every trophy)

Day 32, May 12th 2017

1st trophy:

49L2045f2.png

Vaporize :bronze: from Wolfenstein: The New Order

All trophies won on the 12th:

Wolfenstein: The New Order:

Vaporize :bronze:

Sentinel :bronze:

Secrets revealed I :silver:

Secrets revealed II :silver:

The lives of others :bronze:

Heart of gold :silver:

Secrets revealed III :silver:

Secrets revealed IV :silver:

8 more trophies from Wolfenstein: The New Order, I'm getting close to the end of that one, however I now started the Uber-run so it will take a while to get more trophies from this game.

Day 33, May 13th 2017

1st trophy:

33L184539.png

50 Kills: 92FS-9mm :bronze: from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered

It's the only trophy won on the 13th and it's because I really had little game time that day, so I optioned to play a game I hadn't played in a long time knowing it has easy trophies to win, I just picked up a trophy to keep the streak going.

Day 34, May 14th 2017

1st trophy:

20L7eb708.png

You know nothing Arctic Fox! :bronze: from Stories: The Path of Destinies

All trophies won on the 14th:

Stories: The Path of Destinies:

You know nothing Arctic Fox! :bronze:

New reader :bronze:

What does the fox choose? :bronze:

Show me your moves :bronze:

Finders keepers :bronze:

Excalibur? Nah! :bronze:

Get over here! :bronze:

The Good, the Bad and the Grunt :bronze:

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens:

Another Textbook Landing :bronze:

Hey! That's Not Yours! :bronze:

Time To Earn Your Passage R3 :bronze:

I Loosened The Lid :bronze:

Quite The Marksman! :bronze:

Kinda Like To Get Back To Work :bronze:

Who's Gonna Pick That Stuff Up? :bronze:

A Use For Scrap... :bronze:

Those Beasts! :bronze:

I Shall Deal With Her On My Own :bronze:

We Must Have The Girl :bronze:

I'll Remedy That Immediately Sir :bronze:

On Your Wing, Epsilon Six :bronze:

A lot of bronze trophies, I started a new PS+ game and attacked the DLC from Lego star wars.

Wow, that's a lot of trophies. Great job! :D

EDIT: Finally got my 20th platinum, Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek, although that's a huge misnomer - there are zero spooks in the story, mostly human sa-- er, I don't wanna spoil the plot, but it's a detective investigating a disappearing teenager in a sleepy town. ;)

Unfortunately, I lost all of my other screenshots on PS4 when I deleted my account and re-signed in to transfer my Yooka-Laylee trophies I had earned on a blank account. I think I'll try to keep my blank account transfers to a minimum. :(

Edited by MidnightCJ

Day 12 - 14th May 2017

Trophies earned: 15

11S9b5794.png19S80b40e.png13S1d30a6.png17S8917f1.png16S8ba3f7.png14Sc5de62.png18Sa83471.png15S513059.png2S3dc913.png4Sd0a02d.png1Sed6bd2.png35S8d0f40.png7S0ed9bd.png29Sbd35b2.png13S5126b6.png

Spoiler

• :silver: Snuffed Out :silver: - The Order: 1886 (Kill 7 enemies with silent takedowns)
  • :silver: Power of Observation :silver: - The Order: 1886 (Inspect all objects)
  • :silver: The Hunter :silver: - The Order: 1886 (Kill 10 Lycans)
  • :silver: Well-read :silver: - The Order: 1886 (Inspect all newspapers)
  • :silver: Archivist :silver: - The Order: 1886 (Collect all phonograph cylinders)
  • :silver: Up in Flames :silver: - The Order: 1886 (Incinerate 15 enemies)
  • :silver: Detail Oriented :silver: - The Order: 1886 (Inspect all photographs and documents)
  • :gold: Inspector First Class :gold: - The Order: 1886 (Find all inspect items)
  • :gold: A Knight No More :gold: - The Order: 1886 (Complete the game (any difficulty))
  • :gold: Well Rounded :gold: - The Order: 1886 (Kill an enemy with every weapon)
  • :platinum: The Grail :platinum: - The Order: 1886 (Collect all Trophies)
  • :bronze: My Protégé :bronze: - Assassin's Creed Revelations (Have one trainee reach the rank of Master Assassin)
  • :silver: Seal the Deal :silver: - Assassin's Creed Revelations (Complete DNA Sequence 3)
  • :bronze: Welcome To The CArrrrribbean :bronze: - Port Royale 3 (First time at sea)
  • :bronze: Kudos! :bronze: - Port Royale 3 (Tutorial completed successfully)

Edited by madbuk

Hallelujah! I am finally getting games from GameFly consistently now that I gave them my correct address. (I flipped the middle two numbers by mistake, oops!) So I just got the Vita version of LEGO Batman 3 and am working through story mode.

Sadly I couldn't update my profile because updating is disabled due to maintenance. I never ran into the site undergoing maintenance! Anyways, I need to take a nap and let my Vita recharge before I continue but I hope to platinum the game tomorrow so I can send it back and get a new shipment. ^_^

Trophies Earned:

45Se3c388.pngCrocaught in the act

35Sc8b762.pngCounter crazy

2S65421f.pngTo Catch a Croc

3Sf3aa9e.pngIt wasn't the speech

4S454b74.pngZero-G-whiz!

5Sd96863.pngBouncy futon thingy

Edited by MidnightCJ

Day 13 - 15th May 2017

Trophies earned: 5

2S5052eb.png5Se63912.png32S6e96bd.png27S0b18b7.png14S20fc1a.png

Spoiler

• :bronze: Got Ye New Ship :bronze: - Port Royale 3 (Purchased first vessel)
  • :bronze: Hypocritical :bronze: - Port Royale 3 (Pray 10 times)
  • :bronze: Christening :bronze: - Port Royale 3 (Name a convoy)
  • :bronze: Unsullied :bronze: - Dragon's Crown (Clear a round without taking damage.)
  • :bronze: Amazing Amazon :bronze: - Dragon's Crown (Complete the game as an Amazon.)

Edited by madbuk