Thor: Ragnarok Teaser Trailer

marvelboy10

Thor is back but this time he doesn't have Mjölnir. ? Asgard is on the brink of destruction and only Thor can save it. But he is trapped on the planet Sakaar and he has to fight his way to freedom. Only problem is that his opponent is not willing to let him win. Did I mention that his opponent has anger issues? I can't wait until November. :D

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Is it necessary to goofy everything?

I'll take the way MARVEL Studios is doing things over Warner Bros' DC films any day of the week. All the serious, grim-dark, no-one shall ever laugh, miserabilism of the DC films makes me come out of each one angrier than the last. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

I'll take the way MARVEL Studios is doing things over Warner Bros' DC films any day of the week. All the serious, grim-dark, no-one shall ever laugh, miserabilism of the DC films makes me come out of each one angrier than the last. 

My point is that if you want to make an action/comedy superhero movie,you are going to need the proper actors.I loved Ant-Man,Deadpool and the first Iron-Man.Especially in Ant-Man i was very skeptical before watching the movie but Paul Rudd was very good.For Deadpool it's already been said,Reynolds was born for this.But when it comes to Chris,it's just awkward

19 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Agreed, but I don't like the way Marvel mixes up its franchises. This is clearly Planet Hulk together with Thor, but honestly, either of those is interesting enough alone. No need to mix them in a single movie, with a competent writer.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

I will take Marvel goofying over the DC stick in the butt.

21 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

The existence of sucky DC movies (and make no mistake - they suck) doesn't excuse sucky Marvel movies. 

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't like the way Marvel mixes up its franchises.

I don't mind them blending the comic stories together so much. Big Green does need his own headline movie though, love to see some SMASH!

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

sucky Marvel movies

Such as? I can't think of a single one I wouldn't be happy to watch again... We're talking mainline Marvel Studios here though, the Amazing Spider-Man Garfield films can burn in the deepest circles of hell for all I care. 

You'd have to catch me in a really depressed mood for me to think that any of the DC movies might cheer me up. 

• Like 1

I saw the director's film "Boy" in 2011 or 2012 and it was decent but nothing amazing. I enjoyed it but didn't bother rewatching it. 

If you told me that the guy who made a movie about a kiwi kid and Michael Jackson would be making the third Thor movie (which in itself would have surprised me in 2011) and not only that, but that it looks like it will be not only the best Thor movie so far but possibly one of the best Marvel movies out there, and that there's like 20 something Marvel movies and shit, I'd shit the bed.

We've come a long way with superhero movies in the last 10 years. 10 years ago Spider-Man 3 dropped and say what you will, it was huge at the time, it was one of those big things, 3 of them, at the time 2 amazing ones and this new one and it was hot shit. Then Iron Man came out about a year or so later and I had a bit of an idea about him, which was more than average Joe, and next thing I know it's fucking everywhere. It's amazing how much has happened.

And not to make everything about Spider-Man, but conversely what's happened with him is so bad. 2 great movies, 1 decent movie (yes, it is) that got the shit tore out of it, 3 years spent working on a better follow up, only to be cancelled and rebooted to lacklustre reception, then a sequel to that, then they realize they can't make anything as good as Spider-Man 3 should have been so they just gave the shit back to Marvel.

On 4/11/2017 at 0:31 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

I think Marvel is coping Batman movies from the 90's.Is it necessary to goofy everything? Even Disney is more serious than this

I need to point out the "goofy everything" Marvel movies really began AFTER Disney bought Marvel, which nullifies your comment while simultaneously making it ironic as hell.

Huh, didn't realize this was directed by Taika Waititi... New Zealand film directors getting a bit more recognition (Peter Jackson doesn't count :P ).  But still, I am more interested in this.  Curious on what Dr. Strange's role is in this movie, since he's suppose to be in the movie too, not sure if he's going to be alongside Thor, or if he'll be only in for a few scenes.

On 4/13/2017 at 3:34 AM, DrakeHellsing said:

Huh, didn't realize this was directed by Taika Waititi... New Zealand film directors getting a bit more recognition (Peter Jackson doesn't count :P ).  But still, I am more interested in this.  Curious on what Dr. Strange's role is in this movie, since he's suppose to be in the movie too, not sure if he's going to be alongside Thor, or if he'll be only in for a few scenes.

Probably just the end-credit nonsense. 

So anyway, I've been bitching a bit in this thread, but honestly, I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I'm getting bored of superhero movies (ALL of them), but Thor: The Dark World really surprised me. I had already assumed that movie would suck, but it was quite good (almost as good as the original to me). I hope this one matches that.

On 4/13/2017 at 3:23 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

And not to make everything about Spider-Man, but conversely what's happened with him is so bad. 2 great movies, 1 decent movie (yes, it is) that got the shit tore out of it, 3 years spent working on a better follow up, only to be cancelled and rebooted to lacklustre reception, then a sequel to that, then they realize they can't make anything as good as Spider-Man 3 should have been so they just gave the shit back to Marvel.

Are you an old Spidey fan, too? I read him for a long time. And yeah, the reboot really sucked. I didn't like 3, but I know what you mean. There's a good movie hiding in there, but it's wrapped in a whole bunch of studio-required nonsense.

To be fair, though, the comics have been awful for Spidey, too (ever since that god-awful story where he sold his marriage to the Devil to save Aunt May).