Trophy thoughts for Disney Afternoon

Looks simple enough. I expected something similar to Mega Man Legacy with lots of challenges.

I know we are all here because we like getting trophies, but I will never understand why some people won't get a game just because it doesn't have a plat or only bronze.

• Like 3

This is so tone-deaf. I saw multiple interviews with developers & they seemed to know what people wanted from this. Let me tell you, they wanted a Platinum.

Whatever it's just trophies & the world is burning around us but it's a niche product to begin with & they just cut their audience, on Playstation, by a third with that list. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foster Addison said:

NES games weren't the easiest in the world. I wonder if rewinding invalidates them. 

There were a few notoriously difficult ones across the entire library, but for the most part they weren't that hard.  The games in this collection weren't particularly tough in regular play mode, in my opinion, which is why I wondered about the speed runs.  Won't be "easy" but it's not like a 10/10 difficulty either probably.

Well, darn. I would have loved a Platinum just because I love these games but the lack of Silver and Gold trophies is even worse.

If memory serves, playing the games shouldn't take longer than two hours once you know what you're doing, so the speedruns shouldn't be too difficult. It's just a bummer that so many of the trophies are just for speedruns. Not a lot of creativity in this list.

Normally I would complain more about lack of platinum, but this collection came to me as a complete surprise so excuse me while I try to calm down my inner child screaming from joy.

*ahem* These are the 6 favorite games of my childhood. I played all of them several times through as a kid, searching each stage's every corner for secrets. It little disappoints me that there's no trophies for collecting 100% secrets, but speedruns and boss rushes are really nice touch. I still own each NES original, but will definitely get this on launch. Platinum - missed opportunity, just like back on Mega Man Collection. But unlike that collection, I never thought I could get trophies from playing these classics, so I'll take what I can. Shame on you, whoever scrapped the platinum.

Too bad I most likely won't have time on launch to compete on first achiever leaderboard, so I will most likely do casually normal runs checking how many secrets I still remember and do speedruns some other time. I recommend people to skip rewind possibility and go through each as originally intended. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soniq said:

Looks simple enough. I expected something similar to Mega Man Legacy with lots of challenges.

I know we are all here because we like getting trophies, but I will never understand why some people won't get a game just because it doesn't have a plat or only bronze.

I'm still going to buy it, just wish it had more to offer than bronze trophies. The harder trophies [speed run] give the same reward as just finishing the game. :/

29 minutes ago, chrissonn said:

Well, darn. I would have loved a Platinum just because I love these games but the lack of Silver and Gold trophies is even worse.

Well the two come hand in hand really. There are no silvers nor golds because there is no platinum. Without a platinum the total points they can allocate is reduced so to have as many trophies as they wanted they had to be all bronze. At the end of the day it's Sony's fault for not having decent rules about this sort of thing. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

Well the two come hand in hand really. There are no silvers nor golds because there is no platinum. Without a platinum the total points they can allocate is reduced so to have as many trophies as they wanted they had to be all bronze. At the end of the day it's Sony's fault for not having decent rules about this sort of thing. 

I'm not sure what rule of Sony's allows My Name is Mayo to have a platinum and this collection to not have one. I'm guessing this is Capcom's doing, right? This is a fail just like the Mega Man Collection. Dissapointment abound.

• Like 1