Trophy thoughts for Disney Afternoon

13 hours ago, Jamescush147 said:

I hate Speedruns. 1f641.png So many Speedruns. 1f620.png

The good news is you have to be pretty awful at the games/wanting to take it slow and explore everything there is to see to fail the speedrun trophies, from what it seems. Normal speedruns for these games are done in under 20 minutes.

Edited by TheDreaminHawk

On 4/12/2017 at 7:54 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Well, I already claimed this collection to be a half-assed quick cash grab because it would not be available for the Switch and because it's a basic emulator instead of a remaster (which does not need to be bad, but combined with wmy first argument doesn't make it look good), and now with the trophy list it seems my expectations were justified.

Skipped a platform where they would have made more sales and more money = Cash grab

Bad trophy list (because most casual gamers care about this /sarcasm) = Cash grab

Yeah it's a basic emulator... With a rewind feature, two extra modes and unlockable concept art/videos (not sure on this videos actually but I think I made my point).

After the hipsters and nostalgia fans, this is really meant for the speedrunners and so that's why they're not Remastered like the previous DuckTales release. Speedrunners notoriously hated it. The reason it's actually not on the Switch is probably because no coding experience and no idea how the system would turn out. It could have been another Wii U flop. Basically why delay three other versions for the unknown?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Skipped a platform where they would have made more sales and more money = Cash grab

Bad trophy list (because most casual gamers care about this /sarcasm) = Cash grab

Yeah it's a basic emulator... With a rewind feature, two extra modes and unlockable concept art/videos (not sure on this videos actually but I think I made my point).

After the hipsters and nostalgia fans, this is really meant for the speedrunners and so that's why they're not Remastered like the previous DuckTales release. Speedrunners notoriously hated it. The reason it's actually not on the Switch is probably because no coding experience and no idea how the system would turn out. It could have been another Wii U flop. Basically why delay three other versions for the unknown?

You say "skip a platform that would have made more sales and money" yet later on you explain the problems with releasing for said platform. You say "cash grab" but I said "quick cash grab" - emphasis on quick. They could have made much more money if they just had cared enough to put in the effort.

And please, quote the full post:

On 12/04/2017 at 1:54 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Well, I already claimed this collection to be a half-assed quick cash grab because it would not be available for the Switch and because it's a basic emulator instead of a remaster (which does not need to be bad, but combined with wmy first argument doesn't make it look good), and now with the trophy list it seems my expectations were justified.

I'm not a trophy hunter and I don't really care all that much but this trophy list reeks of minimal effort. Compare DuckTales Remastered with a fair few fun trophies...

You quote my first bit then ridicule me for caring about trophies while most casuals don't care, even though my second bit explains that I'm a casual myself and why I think the trophy list is evidence for a quick cash grab. It's really annoying if you quote only part of my post, then misinterpret and ridicule it if the part you didn't quote already explained it.

The trophy list is evidence for a quick cash grab, as it not releasing for the Switch right away. It's because it's all very minimal effort. I already said this in my original post but by ignoring that bit you made me say it again, so well done you.

And as for it being for speedrunners, if that was true then they'd have picked actual hard times to beat as many posts by people who have actually played these games in this thread will show you, the speedrun times are a laugh.

Edited by BillyHorrible

12 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

They could have made much more money if they just had cared enough to put in the effort.

Effort for what though? They added in some extra things and gave us port perfect re-release. Should they have hired a group of people to sing the theme songs to us while we play or something?

They did this as a convenience to speedrunners. Again a super niche group. Re-releases of old games outside of Mario don't sell that well either. Original DuckTales sold almost two million, Remastered probably sold a lot less. It would probably been more profitable to just not have done this collection and just saved the cash for the next Disney shovelware tie-in game.

Again, another bad trophy list. All bronze. I'm getting it for Xbox One when this game is on sale.

Any arcade games with few trophies and no platinum will be buy on Xbox One because achievement on these arcade games are worth 1000G like all other games. So much better!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Richtoon said:

Again, another bad trophy list. All bronze. I'm getting it for Xbox One when this game is on sale.

Any arcade games with few trophies and no platinum will be buy on Xbox One because achievement on these arcade games are worth 1000G like all other games. So much better!

Yeah the X1 is really pandering to the achievement hunters, many of those small games aren't really worth 1K points (then again many games with a platinum trophy really shouldn't have one either).

On 4/12/2017 at 3:17 AM, dell9300 said:

Its more the lack of rules that's the issue. It used to be stricter back in the day but now it's just a free for all. It's funny you should mention the Mega Man collection though because this was ported by the same team, seems they're clueless. 

So true! The inconsistencies are maddening at times.  They should just make all games have a platinum.  The fact that you are able to platinum some games in 2 hours or less now (I'm guilty of playing these games) means there really isn't a reason any longer to argue that a game shouldn't have a platinum.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim_bag said:

So true! The inconsistencies are maddening at times.  They should just make all games have a platinum.  The fact that you are able to platinum some games in 2 hours or less now (I'm guilty of playing these games) means there really isn't a reason any longer to argue that a game shouldn't have a platinum.

I suppose that's true. The "value" of a platinum has been degraded already so now it's just half hearted "rules" that remain. I was never in favour of small, dead easy games having platinums but I think that ship has sailed now, and with so many games that do deserve one not getting I can't say it wouldn't be better if every game had one anymore. I would rather not miss out on a platinum on a game that should have.