Not connecting to anyone in Anarchy Mode

If it helps any, I opened support tickets with both Gearbox & People Can Fly last week. Here is a link to the discussion on another website:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/bulletstorm-full-clip-edition/307356-anyone-else-having-trouble-joining-friends-online.html

And here is the link to Gearbox's ....'official statement' ...... about the issue in response to mine and other's requests for help. It's partially vague and involves a rather convoluted technical work-around (that none of us should have to deal with, TBH), but for what it's worth:

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/temporary-work-around-for-multiplayer-connectivity-issues/1559753

Hope this helps the community in some way!

• 1 year later...

I'm here to tell everyone that the problem is still very prevalent, and the answer is still the same. I don't know if its the netcode or what, but joining matches is cumbersome, and allowing friends to join is essentially impossible. I play this game with another person over the same internet, and nothing seems to work. Half the time it says my friend is offline, and when they're not, they are never joinable. Sending any invites from either of us leads to the error saying "unable to join the game." Very rarely we will find one another in quickplay, but even then voting for maps never happens, and we are trapped. 

My internet I believe is fine, since we play games like this all the time and never encounter this. Occasional lag, but that's it. Bulletstorm so far is proving to be a pain, and the main problem is one of the trophies requires online for the 40,000 points in Anarchy. This essentially makes the plat impossible.

I've gotten Gearbox's same response, and aside from the fact that I'm not exactly sure what' they're saying, I find it crazy that I have to do it in the first place. Sad too, because I loved this game, and my friend is literally at the stage where this is his last trophy to obtain. 

Hopefully something happens now that the game is free for PS Plus. Hope it leads to something.

1 hour ago, liveintheevil66 said:

Only two: anarchy master and the team challenge one since you need to be in a team for both. Otherwise you could do everything solo.

by the way, using the party method, use the play together option. That’s what I did.

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, UK-Danny-93 said:

'Team Player' and 'Anarchy Master' need a partner

Thanks 

34 minutes ago, bengamer1998 said:

sorry to bother you but i didn´t even started the game, i´m not sure about the online trophies.... is that party methood a way to do it solo? can i use a second controller? or it´s mandatory to go online and pray for luck? thanks =)

You can do all the online with just one other friend, it's actually recommend to only have two people doing it. ^_^

Sweet merciful Buddha trying to connect to anyone's lobby/game is abysmal, ever since I started playing this (which is like for almost 2 weeks), I was able to connect once, only once, after hours of trying, getting stuck in lobby and getting same shit eating messages about lobby being closed or getting disconnected from the host, it's beyond me how anyone in their right mind could green light this, when that fucking thing doesn't even work properly! Anyway I'll keep trying, at least until I'm gonna completely loose my patience, so if anyone's still sane enough to try and get those trophies, just add me to friends list with "Bulletstorm" in the message.

Brooding over the party method suggested by liveintheevil66, which I thank, my friends and I found this solution. We are using this procedure for a couple of days and always worked.

None of the participants must start the game. If you have started the game, close the application.

Note that who create the party must be the host of the gaming session and complete the whole procedure, other participants need to accept invites only.
The host creates a party from the dash inviting all participants.
Once everyone is in the party, the party owner, who will also be the host of the online match, from inside the party, select the "Play together" option, which is on the right.
At this point two options will be available, just select the first one, the one marked by the word "host" in brackets.
Now you can choose which game you want to use. Choose Bulletstorm. Press start.
The game will start automatically on the console of the host player, and at the same time an invitation will be sent to the other participants.
Participants will receive an invitation on their console and need to accept it by pressing the PS button and agree to participate. Game is booted up for everyone now.
The multiplayer will start automatically; the host and other participants will end up in the lobby together.

At this point the host chooses to create a private match.
The host selects the map and starts the countdown.
The map loading screen will appear. The host must see, under his nickname, the names of other participants in green, otherwise the word "loading...", that means one of the participants
is stuck in the lobby. In this case start the procedure again.

DMZ or port forwarding is not necessary at all.

Edited by Dilust
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 0:39 PM, YROSHIKU said:

Sweet merciful Buddha trying to connect to anyone's lobby/game is abysmal, ever since I started playing this (which is like for almost 2 weeks), I was able to connect once, only once, after hours of trying, getting stuck in lobby and getting same shit eating messages about lobby being closed or getting disconnected from the host, it's beyond me how anyone in their right mind could green light this, when that fucking thing doesn't even work properly! Anyway I'll keep trying, at least until I'm gonna completely loose my patience, so if anyone's still sane enough to try and get those trophies, just add me to friends list with "Bulletstorm" in the message.

I love your otherjoe picture ? that review was hilarious! 

• Like 1