The Fire Fades Edtion Questions

viech54

I'm currently trying to figure out if I need the The Fire Fades edition or not. I already have DS3 and both DLCs, there'll be no new content that I can't play with what I already own.

Will I be able to play with people who have the The Fire Fades edtion when I have the regular DS3?

Can I import my character from the regular DS3 or do I have to start a new character?

Will it have a second trophy set or share one with vanilla DS3?

Finally, is there anything else I should know about it that would make it worth the money when I already have the game and the DLCs?

Hard to say honestly, but my guess is that it will share the same  list, they didnt add any trophies for the DLC. Curious to know myself, gonna get that new edition though.

All releases were handled differently

Dark Souls: no DLC trophies

Dark Souls II: no DLC trophies

Dark Souls II SotFS: "Remaster-ish/port with new stuff", made sense that they added a new list, still no DLC trophies (but items from new areas needed for the platinum)

Bloodborne: Has DLC trophies

Bloodborne GOTY Edition: Shared list with the base game

Dark Souls III: ???

Edited by Godwulf_MTL

• 1 month later...

You probably already know this, but I don't like having unanswered question.  So I'm just posting this for the heck of it:

1. Yes.  Have vanilla playing with a friend who has the GOTY copy and the only difference is that they're playing the Fire Fades Edition on the PS4 friend list.
  2. Yes, according to reports online.  Can't verify this myself.
  3. No.  Same list, Bloodborne was the exception.  Though you can import a copy of Demon's Souls if you want.
  4. All the DLC is on the disc, so online is not a necessity.  The Japanese copy comes with extras and an exclusive front cover.  No idea if that version has other languages (since FROM publishes it over there).

In other words, I wouldn't recommend buying this copy if you already have the base game + both DLCs.  The only reasons to get this copy IMO is if you want a self-contained package, or to buy a second copy on a different platform.  You can sell your vanilla copy, but in essence you won't get money back for the DLC .