EA's Star Wars Battlefront 2 Teaser

The Teaser for Electronic Art's Star Wars Battlefront 2 has come out. In the Teaser it is revealed that EA's Battlefront 2 will include all the eras of Star Wars from the Clone Wars Era to the Galactic Civil War Era to the First Order Insurgent War Era (the unofficial name of the Force Awakens historic era). It is also heavily hinted that it will have a single player campaign from the viewpoint of an Imperial Soldier probably from the the end of Episode 6 to the beginning of Episode 7

The Heroes that are being shown off in the Teaser are:

Clone Wars Era:

• Darth Maul 
  • Yoda 

Galactic Civil War Era:

• Han Solo (due to the Millennium Falcon being shown)
  • Chewbaca (due to the Millennium Falcon being shown)

First Order Insurgent War Era:

• Rey 
  • Kylo Ren 
  •  

Also if you pre-order right away, you can get the DLC to Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi. I am just going to wait for more info on this game, the first game was a disgrace to the Star Wars Battlefront Series having cut out so much content from the previous games. So I am just going to be cautious with this game at the moment because they can have General Grievous or Jango Fett behind a paywall. 

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

Just saw this myself.

As expected, giant "preorder now for X" at the end which is annoying, but as I said, expected. Here's hoping it's like the Jakku map in the last game, where preorder people get it 2 weeks early, and then it goes up for free. Because giving shit that's there day one out with preorders and then charging those who didn't pisses me right the fuck off.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic. I went into BF 2015 full boner and forgot this was EA we're dealing with and allowed myself to be surprised when the game dropped for 100 with a 75 dollar season pass that contained half the fucking game. God that game was a let down for so many reasons.

Keeping it positive, because I could go on forever with the negatives and positives will just be quicker. Like the look, like that they're bringing back in Clone Wars era shit, the campaign took centre stage which is good to me because it's single player and if single player is taking a bit of the show then I can hope they learned from the last one and FUCKING LET ME PLAY OFFLINE WITH FUCKING BOTS BECAUSE THAT'S ... sorry, had to grab baby... BECAUSE BOTS IS THE REASON I STILL REGULARLY PLAY BATTLEFRONT 2 FROM 2005 BECAUSE GUESS WHAT, OnLINE ISN'T ALWAYS WHAT YOU WANT AND IT WON'T BE THERE FOREVER SO THANKS FOR CHARGING 175 for a fucking trial of a game that one day will turn into a demo basically since barely any of it can be done offline anyway you assholes.

But also, I mgiht just wait for it to hit EA Access tbh.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Keeping it positive, because I could go on forever with the negatives and positives will just be quicker. Like the look, like that they're bringing back in Clone Wars era shit, the campaign took centre stage which is good to me because it's single player and if single player is taking a bit of the show then I can hope they learned from the last one and FUCKING LET ME PLAY OFFLINE WITH FUCKING BOTS BECAUSE THAT'S ... sorry, had to grab baby... BECAUSE BOTS IS THE REASON I STILL REGULARLY PLAY BATTLEFRONT 2 FROM 2005 BECAUSE GUESS WHAT, OnLINE ISN'T ALWAYS WHAT YOU WANT AND IT WON'T BE THERE FOREVER SO THANKS FOR CHARGING 175 for a fucking trial of a game that one day will turn into a demo basically since barely any of it can be done offline anyway you assholes.

This right here, I agree with you 100 percent. I just want to play offline with Instant Action and Galactic Conquest and set up my own scenarios and difficulty. I don't like playing online a lot because it makes me rely on people who have their own thing to do. I just want to play the game and sometimes do experiments like with Count Dooku in Geonosis, if you do a down attack from the highest point in the map, you warped the screen and make screen be trippy.

13 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

wise choice, I was so pumped for battelront when it came out cause i was a fan of the old ones. Glad i didn't have my PS4 when it released lol. So yeah, i will be waiting too. Better safe than sorry

I was so hyped for the first game because I thought it was the return of the Star Wars Battlefront Series that I loved since the PS2 era. Instead EA cut out so much content that the rest of the series brought in. I was disappointed and then my hype died with the demo that came out. The Air battles were great but the battle on the ground was dull as fuck. 

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy @Stargazer2600  If you guys have a PSVita, I recommend just getting Star Wars Battlefront 2, Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron and Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron. EA forgot to take them down from that part of the PSN Store since you know.....It is the PSVita.

I'm not into multiplayer stuff or FPS stuff, gave Battlefront a try because it's Star Wars but I didn't enjoy it at all. Once I get PSVR again, I'll still get the game but just for the VR X-Wing mission.

If the game has a big single player portion, I will be very interested. If it's a tacked on thingie, then I'll give it a try but I probably won't bother for a long time.

I just wish that Super The Empire Strikes Back and Super Return Of The Jedi would be ported to PS4... And EA seriously needs to have some good devs make a new Rogue Squadron game already. LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens proved how cool that would be.

25 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

If the game has a big single player portion, I will be very interested. If it's a tacked on thingie, then I'll give it a try but I probably won't bother for a long time.

Neither am I, which is why I love the Battlefront series prior to EA gaining the series. They let you play offline with Instant Action and as well as Galactic Conquest. Also playing the single player campaign as a 501st Soldier from the First Battle of Geonosis to the Battle of Hoth was amazing.

25 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I just wish that Super The Empire Strikes Back and Super Return Of The Jedi would be ported to PS4... And EA seriously needs to have some good devs make a new Rogue Squadron game already. LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens proved how cool that would be.

I am surprised that they only released Super Star Wars but not Super The Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi. I wonder what is keeping them so long. All I want is to play Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) on my PS4.

Edited by TheVader66

40 minutes ago, Greenshyguy said:

I enjoyed Battlefront, but there was no way I'd buy a season pass that costs more than the base game.

The "DLC free trial" weekends were good enough.

Yeah, that is what stopped me from buying the first EA Battlefront game in the first place. You can find the old Battlefront games for a cheaper price on Steam and the PSN Store (only for PSVita and PSP) and they have more content than the EA's version. 

Just now, dmsleight said:

Offering limited timed, pre order DLC is a very bad omen.  Smart gamers should avoid this ploy, especially with the series' recent history.

Well in the youtube comments, you see a lot of people exclaiming "Yay, I just pre-order it" they are mostly hyped by seeing the return of the prequels. Though in the end, it is their money. So they want to get it, that is fine. Though I am not getting because I don't like paying for content that should have been there from the beginning. I can just buy Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) on Steam for 10 dollars and it has double the maps and double the heroes that EA's first battlefront had. 

25 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

they are mostly hyped by seeing the return of the prequels

I feel like that's the first time anyone would have been hyped over the return of the Star Wars prequels ever xD

I remain of the opinion though that without the Star Wars label, the prequels would have been received much better. They're just not nearly as good as the other Star Wars movies. Possible exception: Revenge Of The Sith might be better than Return Of The Jedi. But Jedi still had the amazing first act on Tatooine so I find it hard to make a statement like this.

A statement I find easy to make: I like Jar Jar. I don't care for the way he talks (which was true for the other Gungans as well) but I enjoyed him as a character and I really like the Gungan design.

1 hour ago, TheVader66 said:

I am surprised that they only released Super Star Wars but not Super The Empire Strikes Back and Super Return of the Jedi. I wonder what is keeping them so long.

Yeah I still don't know what's up with this, it's annoying that nothing is being said about it. Perhaps we'll get ESB along with Episode VIII?

37 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

Offering limited timed, pre order DLC is a very bad omen.  Smart gamers should avoid this ploy, especially with the series' recent history.

29 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Well in the youtube comments, you see a lot of people exclaiming "Yay, I just pre-order it" they are mostly hyped by seeing the return of the prequels. Though in the end, it is their money. So they want to get it, that is fine. Though I am not getting because I don't like paying for content that should have been there from the beginning. I can just buy Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) on Steam for 10 dollars and it has double the maps and double the heroes that EA's first battlefront had. 

Makes me think of this old image:

how-ea-vs-gamers-see-a-game.jpg

• Like 2

While this looks promising, so did the first Battlefront. Their better be Galactic Conquest and Instant Action modes this time around. They seem to be putting in a story which is nice but what about the quality of it? If they just put a campaign in their for the sake of a campaign that's no better then not having one at all. I like that they are putting in all three Star Wars Eras in there but it's to early to determine if it will be successful. I'll happily play Battlefront (2004) and Battlefront II (2005) any day still.  

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I feel like that's the first time anyone would have been hyped over the return of the Star Wars prequels ever xD

I remain of the opinion though that without the Star Wars label, the prequels would have been received much better. They're just not nearly as good as the other Star Wars movies. Possible exception: Revenge Of The Sith might be better than Return Of The Jedi. But Jedi still had the amazing first act on Tatooine so I find it hard to make a statement like this.

A statement I find easy to make: I like Jar Jar. I don't care for the way he talks (which was true for the other Gungans as well) but I enjoyed him as a character and I really like the Gungan design.

I think people are so hyped for the prequel aspect because the prequel stuff actually worked in the games, when you ignore the movies. (Though don't shoot me, but I think Phantom Menace gets too much hate thrown its way)

22 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

10 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

I think people are so hyped for the prequel aspect because the prequel stuff actually worked in the games, when you ignore the movies. (Though don't shoot me, but I think Phantom Menace gets too much hate thrown its way)

Actually the only ones that despise the Prequels are people that only seen the Star Wars Movies and nothing else. The Star Wars fans that seen the movies, read the books and seen the shows, love the Clone Wars Era for all the lore it created. People complained about Darth Maul's death in Episode 1 but it is shown that he is alive just missing his legs and went insane. I am not going into to much detail about Darth Maul incase you want to see the Clone Wars or Rebels but Darth Maul is still fucking ruthless as ever.

Edited by TheVader66

12 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Actually the only ones that despise the Prequels are people that only seen the Star Wars Movies and nothing else. The Star Wars fans that seen the movies, read the books and seen the shows, love the Clone Wars Era for all the lore it created. People complained about Darth Maul's death in Episode 1 but it is shown that he is alive just missing his legs and went insane. I am not going into to much detail about Darth Maul incase you want to see the Clone Wars or Rebels but Darth Maul is still fucking ruthless as ever.

Actually yeah, I've read much of the books that are now Legends and I've started over right away with the new canon. I'm also running a Star Wars RPG (Rebellion era) where I use a lot of stuff that was created in the prequels or the Clone Wars side media.

Doesn't mean I'm happy with the prequels and the lore it created. I prefer Rebellion era stories. And personally I'm treating Darth Maul surviving as non-canon, just like I treated Boba Fett surviving as non-canon before it actually became non-canon. Rewriting movie canon deaths is almost as bad as killing off movie main characters, like that writer who killed of Chewie so the story was 'edgy'. Refused to accept that death as canon as well.

The Star Wars fanbase is infamous for its many different opinions, I doubt though that there are many people that love the prequels because (and only because) the series and books that came after. I really loved reading Darth Plagueis (only pre-rebellion book I kept after it became legend), but it didn't make me appreciate the prequel movies more.

Again,I don't hate the prequels, and I think they are reasonably good, just not nearly as good as the other movies, that's all I'm saying.

The gamer in me wants to wait this one out until it's super cheap, as well as my hatred for kylo ren as a character. However because I'm a Star Wars fanboy I will probably end up buying it day one. But then again I didn't hate the first one as much as a lot of people did. I bought it strictly for pvp so it wasn't a huge let down. I just hope the single player is more manageable then last time with the master difficulty bots just being cheap as hell. 

A big issue with this game though is it will have the same issues that befell titanfall 2. The fans feel burned after the let down of the first one and now nobody trust EA to make this game even remotely good. You can even compare it to watch_dogs 2. I have no issues with people staying away from this game, it's fully understandable, I just hope it still sells well enough for a third one to eventually hit the market.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Doesn't mean I'm happy with the prequels and the lore it created. I prefer Rebellion era stories. And personally I'm treating Darth Maul surviving as non-canon, just like I treated Boba Fett surviving as non-canon before it actually became non-canon. Rewriting movie canon deaths is almost as bad as killing off movie main characters, like that writer who killed of Chewie so the story was 'edgy'. Refused to accept that death as canon as well.

Yeah but Disney considers the Movies, Clone Wars, Rebels and the new books of Ahsoka, Tarkin, Aftermath Trilogy and Thrawn as Canon.

Spoiler for The Clone Wars and Rebels Shows

Spoiler

Also if it makes you feel better Darth Maul finally died permanently in Rebels. Almost the same way as in the Legends Comic "Old Wounds"

Edited by TheVader66

23 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Yeah but Disney considers the Movies, Clone Wars, Rebels and the new books of Ahsoka, Tarkin, Aftermath Trilogy and Thrawn as Canon.

Spoiler for The Clone Wars and Rebels Shows

Reveal hidden contents

Also if it makes you feel better Darth Maul finally died permanently in Rebels. Almost the same way as in the Legends Comic "Old Wounds"

Yeah I know what Disney considers canon, I just cherry pick my favourites though and I ignore what I don't like. Did it back in the old canon, doing it now in the new canon. Some stuff even couldn't possibly be canon any more in the old books thanks to the prequels; like Jedi towns with Jedi families and children.

I consider the old Thrawn trilogy still as vaguely canon by the way, as there's nothing I've seen in new canon that clashes with it. Likewise the Jedi Academy books, Darth Plagueis (its writer actually wrote a new book shortly after the canon reset and made so many references to the Plagueis book that it's practically canon again), Shadows Of The Empire and collective works like "Tales From Jabba's Palace". It's stuff like Legacy and stories about Jacen/Jaina/Anakin Solo that are impossible to place now.

Anyway, if there would be a cool single player game about the Clone Wars I'd definitely play it. The only game I'm really waiting for is a new Rogue Squadron game, everything else is a plus.

On 4/12/2017 at 6:16 PM, TheVader66 said:

If you guys have a PSVita, I recommend just getting Star Wars Battlefront 2, Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron and Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron. EA forgot to take them down from that part of the PSN Store since you know.....It is the PSVita.

I played them on my PSP in the day when it was my main machine, in fact Elite was the thing that got me a PSN ID in the day, I only joined PSN to download a demo of it, the other 3 I bought on UMD (also have Elite on DS, which is decent all things considered) ... I bought Elite and BF 2 digitally as well though when I got a Vita while they were on sale, never really cared for Renegade that much since I felt Elite was just the better game, however BF 2 was 10/10 worth buying again for use on Vita because of that sweet sweet double joystick support. 

Plus I also have the first 2 on PS2 and a backward compatible PS3, so that's pretty hot too.

Also, EA have nothing to do with it. EA make new games, sure, but the old ones published by LucasArts haven't changed anything, LucasArts is now a subsidiary of Disney Interactive or whatever it's called, all the Star Wars digital games are unaffected and remain up for purchase, just with publisher information changed. EA takes care of their own shit, but none of the old stuff, even the 4 pack of games for PS4 (Bounty Hunter, Super Star Wars, Racer Revenge, and Jedi Starfighter) aren't published by EA. 

On 4/12/2017 at 6:23 PM, BillyHorrible said:

EA seriously needs to have some good devs make a new Rogue Squadron game already. LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens proved how cool that would be.

The ship bits in Lego Force Awakens were surprisingly good ayy. And blaster battles, while not perfect, were a lot more of a welcome addition than I thought they would be when I first heard it. A part of me does wish they went back to mumbling for this one instead of actual dialogue, but that's just nostalgia talking.

Like Destiny 2, it seems that DICE has finally listen to fans and included a single player campaign and all three time periods of the Star Wars legacy. But unlike Destiny, their not working off the foundation of the previous game, so its okay of releasing a sequel only 2 years later. (though many of us were disappointment of the first battlefront, since we thought is was going to be like the origninal PS2 games.)

Another note, its a good thing that EA is releasing this, since DICE won't release another Battlefield game at least until 2018, or 2019, either way, we go alot that will keep us busy. I'm even surprise their releasing it this year in such short notice. 

On 4/13/2017 at 3:31 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah I know what Disney considers canon, I just cherry pick my favourites though and I ignore what I don't like. Did it back in the old canon, doing it now in the new canon. Some stuff even couldn't possibly be canon any more in the old books thanks to the prequels; like Jedi towns with Jedi families and children.

I consider the old Thrawn trilogy still as vaguely canon by the way, as there's nothing I've seen in new canon that clashes with it. Likewise the Jedi Academy books, Darth Plagueis (its writer actually wrote a new book shortly after the canon reset and made so many references to the Plagueis book that it's practically canon again), Shadows Of The Empire and collective works like "Tales From Jabba's Palace". It's stuff like Legacy and stories about Jacen/Jaina/Anakin Solo that are impossible to place now.

Anyway, if there would be a cool single player game about the Clone Wars I'd definitely play it. The only game I'm really waiting for is a new Rogue Squadron game, everything else is a plus.

I heard the new canon Thrawn book brought a lot back from the the old Thrawn Trilogy. You should check that out and see if it on equal footing with the old Thrawn trilogy. 

On 4/13/2017 at 5:06 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I played them on my PSP in the day when it was my main machine, in fact Elite was the thing that got me a PSN ID in the day, I only joined PSN to download a demo of it, the other 3 I bought on UMD (also have Elite on DS, which is decent all things considered) ... I bought Elite and BF 2 digitally as well though when I got a Vita while they were on sale, never really cared for Renegade that much since I felt Elite was just the better game, however BF 2 was 10/10 worth buying again for use on Vita because of that sweet sweet double joystick support. 

Plus I also have the first 2 on PS2 and a backward compatible PS3, so that's pretty hot too.

Also, EA have nothing to do with it. EA make new games, sure, but the old ones published by LucasArts haven't changed anything, LucasArts is now a subsidiary of Disney Interactive or whatever it's called, all the Star Wars digital games are unaffected and remain up for purchase, just with publisher information changed. EA takes care of their own shit, but none of the old stuff, even the 4 pack of games for PS4 (Bounty Hunter, Super Star Wars, Racer Revenge, and Jedi Starfighter) aren't published by EA. 

The ship bits in Lego Force Awakens were surprisingly good ayy. And blaster battles, while not perfect, were a lot more of a welcome addition than I thought they would be when I first heard it. A part of me does wish they went back to mumbling for this one instead of actual dialogue, but that's just nostalgia talking.

Hey is it possible to put the hardrive of a PS3 Super Slim into an Original PS3 model. My PS3 Super Slim died, ironic since my Atari 2600 and PS2 out lived it. I kinda want to get the original PS3 so it be backward compatible with the PS2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

Hey is it possible to put the hardrive of a PS3 Super Slim into an Original PS3 model. My PS3 Super Slim died, ironic since my Atari 2600 and PS2 out lived it. I kinda want to get the original PS3 so it be backward compatible with the PS2.

Yep, even done the exact same thing myself.

But since I think you're asking about data saving and not just if it's physically possible, you will need to reformat the drive and lose all your shit.

If your PS3 shat itself as mine did, the data on there is gone, the second you put it in another console, it's gonna reformat. Sorry buddy.

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Yep, even done the exact same thing myself.

But since I think you're asking about data saving and not just if it's physically possible, you will need to reformat the drive and lose all your shit.

If your PS3 shat itself as mine did, the data on there is gone, the second you put it in another console, it's gonna reformat. Sorry buddy.

I actually did something to my PS3 to force it to wake up temporarily for max 2 hours. I chucked it at my floor at an angle, I was able to save all the memory to the cloud.

I was asking if I can switch hardrives because I have the 500 gb hardrive from my Super Slim PS3 and I am hoping I can use it on the Original PS3 as well. I know that if it is possible then it means that I have to reformat it.