EA's Star Wars Battlefront 2 Teaser

6 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

I heard the new canon Thrawn book brought a lot back from the the old Thrawn Trilogy. You should check that out and see if it on equal footing with the old Thrawn trilogy. 

Didn't hear about an actual Thrawn book, is it by Zahn? I've got a bunch of new canon stuff that I still have to read so I'm not really continuously checking new releases except for the Star Wars and Darth Vader series by Marvel.

10 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Didn't hear about an actual Thrawn book, is it by Zahn? I've got a bunch of new canon stuff that I still have to read so I'm not really continuously checking new releases except for the Star Wars and Darth Vader series by Marvel.

Yeah the new Thrawn book came out last week and it is by the same author Timothy Zahn. He had been handling Thrawn return to the Canon in both the show and now the new canon book of Thrawn.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheVader66 said:

Yeah the new Thrawn book came out last week and it is by the same author Timothy Zahn. He had been handling Thrawn return to the Canon in both the show and now the new canon book of Thrawn.

Well if it's Zahn, I'll happily read it. I knew only of the return of Zahn in the Rebels series, the fact of which I liked but I don't watch the series myself. I do have the Rebels book A New Dawn but only because I could get it bundled with Tarkin, which was the book I really wanted. I kind of never really followed any of the animated shows, I did watch those Clone Wars shorts in between II and III anf the first season of that CGI clone wars though. And now that I'm thinking about it, I watched a bit of Star Wars: Droids back in the day. 

Without even watching the video, all I needed to know was Darth Maul. I definitely have to hurry up and play more of the first game before everyone switches over. I bought the Ultimate Edition a while back but haven't played it yet.

1 hour ago, TheVader66 said:

I actually did something to my PS3 to force it to wake up temporarily for max 2 hours. I chucked it at my floor at an angle, I was able to save all the memory to the cloud.

I was asking if I can switch hardrives because I have the 500 gb hardrive from my Super Slim PS3 and I am hoping I can use it on the Original PS3 as well. I know that if it is possible then it means that I have to reformat it. 

Well, lucky you then.

Yeah man, works perfectly fine. It has the same drive as the PS4 (all models) and Xbox One as well. You can also buy any old SATA drive that will fit (I forget the size and don't want to write the wrong thing, so Google will help you there) if you wanna crank up the size, I think the PS3 supports up to 2tb HDDs, but again, could be wrong. It's been a while since I gave a shit about PS3 to be honest, outside of the odd thing and playing PS2 games.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well if it's Zahn, I'll happily read it. I knew only of the return of Zahn in the Rebels series, the fact of which I liked but I don't watch the series myself. I do have the Rebels book A New Dawn but only because I could get it bundled with Tarkin, which was the book I really wanted. I kind of never really followed any of the animated shows, I did watch those Clone Wars shorts in between II and III anf the first season of that CGI clone wars though. And now that I'm thinking about it, I watched a bit of Star Wars: Droids back in the day. 

Yeah, the new Thrawn book is basically his origin story which remains somewhat the same but goes into way more detail about his character, his species and his world. Also once again the Thrawn book left something that could become very important in the future of the series.

• Like 1

Looks awesome, but this is really big news for me.

While the details of Star Wars: Battlefront II's post-release life remain vague, we can  confirm one major change: the Season Pass — which amounts to a discounted DLC pre-purchase — is no more.

Bernd Diemer, DICE's Battlefront II creative director, confirmed it outright in a chat ahead of the game's Star Wars Celebration 2017 reveal: "We don't have a season pass."

Now, that could just mean you won't be able to pre-purchase $15 map packs this time around. But Diemer's explanation suggests a more significant change.

"We decided on that, and it's one of those difficult decisions because it has so many implications all around," he continued. "When we looked at the way Battlefront had evolved over its lifetime, with the DLC and everything, we decided, 'You know what? For this type of game, season passes are not the best thing. We need to [take it apart] and come up with something better."

It's clear that this decision was rooted in a core idea: "We don't want to segment our community," Diemer said.

"I cannot talk about the specifics of this, but we have something different in mind that will allow you to play longer, be [more] invested in the game without having a fragmented community."

Diemer admitted that it's "dangerous" to the health of a game's community when new maps and new modes are locked behind a paywall. It creates a situation where, as he put it, "the community is falling apart because there are simply not many people playing the different modes."

"So we definitely want to avoid that."

Source

Swear to god EA is such a mixed bag. 1 second they do stuff like this the other second they release Mass Effect Andromeda knowing how bad of a state it's in. For a online multiplayer game this is fantastic news. The worst thing a multiplayer developer could do is release DLC for their game and fragment the community.

I'm always of the mindset that I would rather multiplayer shooters have microtransactions, over paid map packs, so while this all but confirms that this game will have Microtransactions (Which should surprise no one) future maps, and content being free is awesome.

Edited by Ratchet
  • Like 1

Already seeing a ton of negative comments on social media like "Remember guys, don't preorder, remember what happened with the first one"

Like c'mon man, I enjoyed the original and damn well getting this one. Am I part of the problem? Probably, but I'll be damned if I didn't get a ton of playtime out of the original game two years ago.

And to clarify I'm not calling anyone out here, I just can't stand those preachy comments on social media telling other people what to do.

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 1

it's EA guys! you all have seen what happens to the first battlefront on current Gen, Titan Fall 2 and lately Mass Effect Andromeda......

do not aboard their hype train.  it will lead to the disappointment city, and it's even smell funny.

just be patient and wait, if it's a good game then go for it if not well, it's still depends on you, it's your money anyway.....

Edited by yellowwindow7

6 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

People in the Youtube comments section still bitching about the female lead. 1f634.png

Many people on YouTube are frustrated misogynistic racist white guys who still can't accept that Adele is popular or that there are people who like last year's Ghostbusters or that one of the main characters in The Force Awakens is a black stormtrooper, hiding behind the bogus "they're clones" excuse even though the canon story has always been that the clones in the army eventually got replaced by real sign-ups.

Side note: people like to ignore it but in A New Hope, Luke talks about joining the Academy. As in, Imperial Academy. Also, never stated in the movies but it's well-known in the fandom that Han was Imperial until he saw what they were doing to the Wookiee slaves; that was the final straw and he deserted while freeing Chewie.

4 hours ago, Death_Ninja said:

Meanwhile, a good amount of fantastic games this year have had amazing female leads.

Really glad with these games being succesful. I'm still annoyed with Ubisoft saying during Syndicate that a solo female lead wasn't profitable. Evie was much more interesting than Jacob, damn it.

• Like 1

I'm still going to be skeptical about the whole thing. Despite EA saying there won't be a Season Pass I still won't put it past them to either go back on their word or use a bunch of other ways to leech more money. I mean even if they do go back on their word it's not like it's going to stop people from getting it anyway because it's carrying the Star Wars name. I think what also puts me off is the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition details.

I may get this if it's better than the first Battlefront and at least looks as fun as Battlefield 1, but right now the only positive I see is they have a campaign that at least has an interesting idea to it. I thought for sure it was going to be about playing as the Rebels or at least Imperial defectors.