NIER for PS3 will get a reprint soon in EU.

crisding89

NIER [PS3] - £24.99

To celebrate the launch of NieR:Automata, SQUARE ENIX would like to reprint the cult RPG NieR, on PS3.

I bought my used copy for over £30 on ebay.....

Well-done SE.....

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/product/441818/nier-ps3

It's open for preordering at EU e-store, not sure if they plan to bring it to NA or elsewhere. 

Edited by crisding89
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, boringname123 said:

Wish they would just make it available digitally. 

I second this a digital release would make more sense. 

This also seems dumb as the producer said they would remaster Nier for PS4 if the game sold well. I don't see any point in pumping money to make physical copies of an old game when a digital version would allow a lot more people to buy it and release it in every country.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

imo ... it's pretty expensive for a PS3 game. I know it's a reprint and is (arguably) cheaper than second hand copies ... but I think a digital release would be more appropriate with a physical release for the possible PS4 remaster.

Thankfully I happen to come across a preowned PS3 copy at EBgames for $18 AUD. The case looks pretty worn, but the disc and slip are mint. Just need to find a cheap PS3 game to swap cases with.

• Like 1

Just now, Greenshyguy said:

imo ... it's pretty expensive for a PS3 game. I know it's a reprint and is (arguably) cheaper than second hand copies ... but I think a digital release would be more appropriate with a physical release for the possible PS4 remaster.

Thankfully I happen to come across a preowned PS3 copy at EBgames for $18 AUD. The case looks pretty worn, but the disc and slip are mint. Just need to find a cheap PS3 game to swap cases with.

Its extremely over priced especially considering now games that came out way after are being sold for considerably less. In the UK this was £10 new not long after release so it rereleasing at £25 is a joke. This seems like a cheeky cash grab.

20 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

I second this a digital release would make more sense. 

This also seems dumb as the producer said they would remaster Nier for PS4 if the game sold well. I don't see any point in pumping money to make physical copies of an old game when a digital version would allow a lot more people to buy it and release it in every country.

Artificial scarcity is a powerful tool for maintaining value that can diminish quickly with unlimited supply.

I think this is a good appeal to the fans, giving them a shot at a limited supply of something. So keep PS3 physical and focus the digital distribution negotiations limited to the PS4. They probably understand their franchise is still fairly niche and this all but guarantees it'll stay that way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I think this is a good appeal to the fans, giving them a shot at a limited supply of something. So keep PS3 physical and focus the digital distribution negotiations limited to the PS4. They probably understand their franchise is still fairly niche and this all but guarantees it'll stay that way.

That's true. Looking on the bright side, current good condition PS3 (and Xbox360) copies will likely retain their value.

This is a smart move on their part considering how well received Automata was. I'm sure there's a lot of people who are eager to try out the first game now. I agree with the others who mentioned that it should also be available digitally. Maybe then it could even be a part of the PS+ lineup.

I was looking for a copy of this game a few months back but couldn't find it anywhere. I ended up having to import it an NA copy where it seems to be much more common. I'm glad others who want the game don't have to go through that kind of hassle.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, PSXtreme_ said:

Ya'll don't know how to shop...I only paid $17 for my used copy...and I got that at GameStop.

...still have yet to play it...but that's because my backlog is astronomical and multi-generational. 

Gamestop recently upped the price of their used copies to $29.99, had to drive 40 minutes to find a store with one and you can't buy it online. Still better than what's on Amazon though.

On 2017-04-16 at 9:23 PM, MMDE said:

Pretty sure I got a brand new copy of this for cheaper back in the days.

EDIT:

I checked, I got it for 11GBP, new, not used.

"Back then" is completely irrelevant, because the new game made everyone jack their price up, one way or another.

1 minute ago, mako-heart said:

"Back then" is completely irrelevant, because the new game made everyone jack their price up, one way or another.

And just btw, to you and everyone else who is looking for the game, there's two versions of it too. The JP version is very different.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

And just btw, to you and everyone else who is looking for the game, there's two versions of it too. The JP version is very different.

Yeah, I wanted to get both on PS3, but put it off cause...

I have it on 360 (not sure what it's price is vs PS3 copies anymore)

and I don't know Japanese

lol Q_Q

59 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, JP version is not just Nier, it's 'Nier Replicant' :awesome: 

41 minutes ago, MMDE said:

And non-JP is not just Nier either, it's Nier Gestalt! ;D

In Japan, the game was released as Nier Gestalt (Japanese: ニーア ゲシュタルト Hepburn: Nīa Geshutaruto?) for the Xbox 360, while an alternate version entitled Nier Replicant (Japanese: ニーア レプリカント Hepburn: Nīa Repurikanto?) was released for PlayStation 3 with a younger main character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nier_(video_game)

1 hour ago, fastflowdaman said:

In Japan, the game was released as Nier Gestalt (Japanese: ニーア ゲシュタルト Hepburn: Nīa Geshutaruto?) for the Xbox 360, while an alternate version entitled Nier Replicant (Japanese: ニーア レプリカント Hepburn: Nīa Repurikanto?) was released for PlayStation 3 with a younger main character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nier_(video_game)

Let's put it like this, it's not just the name. The game got a heavy localization overhaul. You don't even control the same character.